Achievement Fest 2015 - hotel & flight meet up info

General Chat

Found 31 posts - Go to Last Post

Updated 6/6/15

Hotel link: http://www.holidayinn.com/redirect?p...801505&GPC=EAF

$69/night at the Holiday Inn where most everyone will be staying. The soft pillows, working showers, and breakfast buffet make this worth the few extra dollars over the My Name is Earl motor lodge.

In the past, I've tried to keep a listing of when people will be coming in to the Indy airport to help coordinate the shuttle van, since it's about an hour drive to Terre Haute. The Indy airport is not a terrible place to have to hang out for a couple hours to get everyone picked up at once.

Zack has confirmed either the spaceship van or some other shuttle service will be available to transport from Indy to Terre Haute. Current estimate I've given him for pickup is ~3:30 pm to let everyone get in, pee, and meet up.

Arrive
Mondo - 16July - 10:29am arrival in IND
Dren 7/16 2:45
Buck Arriving July 16 (Thurs) 2:19 pm

Depart
Dren 7/20 9:20-ish (guess we're getting up early)
Hotdog 7/20 2:50 pm
Buck Departing July 20 (Mon) 2:55 pm
Mondo 20July - 1:39pm departure from IND
Last edited 06-25-2015 at 03:44 AM by Hotdogmcgee.
Arriving July 16 (Thurs) 2:19 pm
Departing July 20 (Mon) 2:55 pm
Not getting the discounted hotel rate when I try to book online through your link Hotdog. Keeps giving me $108/night, even when I type in the EAF group code. Anything special I have to do to get that rate?
I have a very odd schedule. I'm visiting family before this and doing some stuff in Chicago with the kids. So I'll be dropping the family off at Midway around noon on 7/16 and returning around noon on 7/20.

Only mention this as I know Hitchman may or may not come(if he's even still in Chicago) or anybody else from that general direction.
I have a very odd schedule. I'm visiting family before this and doing some stuff in Chicago with the kids. So I'll be dropping the family off at Midway around noon on 7/16 and returning around noon on 7/20.

Only mention this as I know Hitchman may or may not come(if he's even still in Chicago) or anybody else from that general direction.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
I am headed to Chicago tonight, and should be hooking up with Hitch Friday or Saturday.
It is doubtful that anyone else is showing up early, but just throwing it out there.

I'll be driving in on Wednesday (or possibly very late on Tuesday, but more than likely will stop somewhere on Tuesday night) and leaving sometime on Tuesday. So, if anyone is planning on arriving early or leaving later I can accommodate.

Figure I may use my extra days to explore more of Terre Haute or even Indianapolis.
It is doubtful that anyone else is showing up early, but just throwing it out there.

I'll be driving in on Wednesday (or possibly very late on Tuesday, but more than likely will stop somewhere on Tuesday night) and leaving sometime on Tuesday. So, if anyone is planning on arriving early or leaving later I can accommodate.

Figure I may use my extra days to explore more of Terre Haute or even Indianapolis.
Originally Posted by griffey95
Indy is probably your better bet. Lot of basketball history there, the speedway...
Not getting the discounted hotel rate when I try to book online through your link Hotdog. Keeps giving me $108/night, even when I type in the EAF group code. Anything special I have to do to get that rate?
Originally Posted by Buckswana
I've asked futiles to check up on it. He's the point man with the contact at the Holiday Inn. He said he will try to check up on it tomorrow.
All good now, booked through the link at the top of the page just fine. Thanks guys.
Thanks, just made my reservation now too at discount price.

I will be driving down from Wisconsin, arriving Thursday evening sometime, and leaving Monday morning.

Will have car to help give rides to/from hotel and/or Koyotes.
Updated today. Due to a change in travel plans I will be taking a more grounded route and not flying into Indy on 7/16. For now, looks like we'll be arranging a pickup around 3-4 for Dren and Buck.

If anyone else has flight information and needs a ride in, just post here or let me know.
Just a heads up...

I registered on the AF website on June 8th and don't see the seating chart updated yet. Not sure how often this gets updated, but might be nice to update it more as it gets closer so people can see what seats are available and who is going.

Less than a month away now Smile
Just a heads up...

I registered on the AF website on June 8th and don't see the seating chart updated yet. Not sure how often this gets updated, but might be nice to update it more as it gets closer so people can see what seats are available and who is going.

Less than a month away now Smile
Originally Posted by Elem3ntal80
I will send a message to Dustin
Dustin got everything updated so far. I think Streak Leader is planning to make it. I know he and Steelhead are still pondering. I am not sure about the ladies of Wyoming (or formerly of...).

I have a few Kansans and Missourians considering the trip, too.
Dustin got everything updated so far. I think Streak Leader is planning to make it. I know he and Steelhead are still pondering. I am not sure about the ladies of Wyoming (or formerly of...).

Originally Posted by futiles
Thanks! Wasn't sure who was in charge of updating that.

I should have my friend from Huntsville showing up this year, he signed up a couple years ago.

Any word from Hitchman?
I should have my friend from Huntsville showing up this year, he signed up a couple years ago.

Any word from Hitchman?
Originally Posted by Fshguy
None. Are you going to offer him a ride?
None. Are you going to offer him a ride?
He never texted me after you forwarded him to me.
Hey all,

I'm in from 16July - 20 July

Flight: US Airways Flight 3835

16July - 10:29am arrival in IND

20July - 1:39pm departure from IND
Hey all,

I'm in from 16July - 20 July

Flight: US Airways Flight 3835

16July - 10:29am arrival in IND

20July - 1:39pm departure from IND
Originally Posted by DrMondo7

Will update the first post. Looks like you'll probably be sitting in the airport for awhile when you get there though. We usually meet up in front of the indy grill in the common area. Glad to see you're attending again this year, and doing the dates right this time.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account