Ability to embed photos and Youtube on wall feed

Feature Requests

Found 7 posts - Go to Last Post

Declined
Subject says it all. It would be great if I could post pics or Youtube videos directly into my wall for my feed. And when I submit videos to the site, they could be viewable from my feed instead of just a link saying I added it.

Maybe that's too much like Facebook, we wouldn't want to copy.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I just fell out of my chair
That could be interesting, I think we need some feed refactoring in any case.
Subject says it all. It would be great if I could post pics or Youtube videos directly into my wall for my feed. And when I submit videos to the site, they could be viewable from my feed instead of just a link saying I added it.

Originally Posted by Kaens
I never use my feed/wall/nationspace/whatever because there seems to be no point to it. The only thing I use on TA is my friend feed. I have no issue with trying to make futilesopolis on GTN an actual destination.
I had a similar idea before I was on the staff, Eric said it was worth looking into. Not sure what he came up with. basically my idea was a floating profile.. totally customizable to your presences. A user could choose their own layout and what to add where. There would be box or area on your profile for each and you could designate how much room that are could be. Like have a small box that showed your videos that you posted, a picture feed, a blog feed, an achievement feed, a profile comments area, a trophy case.. and you could custom your color scheme and or the wall paper behind and/or a banner. It's sort of hard to explain and it sounds like it could be messy but a user could opt to omit certain things too..or have a choice like one person could have all this stuff and you would have to scroll around the page or to find it and another person who doesn't post videos would not have that area on their page but have a bigger trophy case. It would be like a LEGO profile where you could move the Blog area up to the top of the page or over to the side of the page. An area could take up the entire page or be as small as a just a hyperlink. Maybe I could photo shop some pic to show a better representation of it. It may not be as feasible as all that but I know that most of what I am saying could happen.

I worked at a place where as my work orders came in I could customize my profile to to see who was assigned to what or what was pending as NEW and what I was personally assigned, or Emergency work orders. The areas would be collapsable because in all honesty I only need the new, pending and assigned to me que. That was a where I got my idea of a floating customizable profile.
I had a similar idea before I was on the staff, Eric said it was worth looking into. Not sure what he came up with. basically my idea was a floating profile.. totally customizable to your presences. A user could choose their own layout and what to add where. There would be box or area on your profile for each and you could designate how much room that are could be. Like have a small box that showed your videos that you posted, a picture feed, a blog feed, an achievement feed, a profile comments area, a trophy case.. and you could custom your color scheme and or the wall paper behind and/or a banner. It's sort of hard to explain and it sounds like it could be messy but a user could opt to omit certain things too..or have a choice like one person could have all this stuff and you would have to scroll around the page or to find it and another person who doesn't post videos would not have that area on their page but have a bigger trophy case. It would be like a LEGO profile where you could move the Blog area up to the top of the page or over to the side of the page. An area could take up the entire page or be as small as a just a hyperlink. Maybe I could photo shop some pic to show a better representation of it. It may not be as feasible as all that but I know that most of what I am saying could happen.

I worked at a place where as my work orders came in I could customize my profile to to see who was assigned to what or what was pending as NEW and what I was personally assigned, or Emergency work orders. The areas would be collapsable because in all honesty I only need the new, pending and assigned to me que. That was a where I got my idea of a floating customizable profile.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
sort of sounds like old myspace...
ive seen another community forum which Allowed their profile page to customize colors, font, size, rearrange fields, add a youtube video, and change background. I believe it was run through SMF.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account