2017 A game day tracker

Gaming Chat

Found 35 posts - Go to Last Post

early in the life of the console i played a lot of games that i really hated but i am more than guilty of buying stuff when its "too good" of a deal. I recently just organized my collection in a way to at least try some and eventually get to the ones i wanted to play that for whatever reason i abandoned or got sidetracked by other games
No first impressions on any of the games anymore? lol
No first impressions on any of the games anymore? lol
Originally Posted by DadliestGamer
My apologies, I started to get behind and promised myself I would update them on the weekends....looks like I have some catching up to do.
Good luck, I'll be watching you and Kevin Maguire with his draw one headshot a day

Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Looks like he quit already.. but I haven't!
Looks like he quit already.. but I haven't!
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Haha, yeah he is like a month behind. So much for that streak...
Just checking in. I've made it half way through the year! Holly crap I didn't think I would but I'm at 184 days/games as of today which is for yesterday! Of course I'll be adding one more to that number today I've had a few close calls but I still get in under the wire.. Actually I have really only had one very close call where I got an achievement unlocked in a new game right around 11:50ish pm my time.

Some games are relatively easy to get your first achievement in and that makes it kind of hard to get a first impression of the game and then there are those games that take a little while to get that in. I've even managed to knock some games off my "started not started list" Let me explain that, GTN counts any 360 games that you play even if you don't get an achievement well I have a number of these, because

#1. They didn't quite interest me, but I needed them on my profile for...well 360v. (launch titles)
#2. They are extremely stingy with the achievements, again launch title comes to mind but also some of the older XBLA games with only 12 achievements or JRPGs that they expect you to play for hours..
#3. Games that other people/family...that have tried and I got stuck with.. mainly sports titles.
#4. Games that no longer support achievements...Kinect Karaoke Party....

One of the biggest problems I have is only starting one new game a day... This kills me and sometime it kills my game time for the rest of the evening.. on the other hand it gives me new appreciation for some games that I may not have got to before..and want to get to sooner rather than later.

Well that's it for now I guess..I'll check back in again later..
I love that you are keeping this going. Personally I can't even bring myself to play anything, much less a new game a day.
and your crushing Kevin Maguire :P
Originally Posted by Dvader83
Comic book artist who was going to draw one headshot a day.
I love that you are keeping this going. Personally I can't even bring myself to play anything, much less a new game a day.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Thank you, It has been hard..and starting a game a day then trying to go to another game that I want to play is kind of hard sometimes. but I'm a man of my word and I will continue as long as I really can and I think I'm gonna be ok. The real questions do I stop at one year exactly or do just one day over? lol it will be hard to break it, but it will be epic.
Update time, well I still have to update the hyperlinks, got busy then lazy then lazy then overwhelmed and thenI didn't care, but now that it's finally over I will go back and fix those pesky hyperlinks.. but the real story here is that I did it. One new game started for every day of a year.

365 days
375 games (due to doing my best week ever IV badge)
1411 achievements

In concluding this I found some days daunting, I wanted to just not do this or just dive more than one game a day, but as the days piled up I found myself working harder. On my days off I would find games that took longer to get the first achievement and on some days, with my responsibilities as a father and employee on call I found those quick achievements were a god send. With the X1 needed to install each new game, some took longer still.. I was and am still worried a little bit about the health of my X1 installing a new game a day. That is just one reason why I chose to focus on my 360 games firsts, which in hind sight, I probably should have alternated days or even weeks between the two consoles. I did pre load some achievements as the sports games and JRPGs sometimes took a lot longer than I anticipated for that first achievement, yet I was pleasantly surprised at how easily some of those came. I think the biggest worry was after the the six months I started to think I could do this and also worried that something could stop it as well. I had a few nights that got very scary, I even once started a game at 11: 55pm way too close for my comfort. All in all It was a fun challenge and I even still haven't started every game I own. My 360 backlog is pretty much wiped out but last count I still had over 130 games still yet not started. Another fault is that now that I have started all these games, I either now have to restart them or remember where I left off or how to play, probably just elect to restart. I am going to end my streak intentionally, so tomorrow I will play but I will not get any achievements. Why might you ask would I do that? Well I just don't want that looming over me that I have to keep the streak alive, yea I know I don't need to start a new game now everyday, but I also like that stat that shows a 1 year consecutive streak. Thank you to those that helped me through out the year and to those that understood my challenge. Now, it s time to play...
Congrats B8TINGU, what was the total gamerscore increase?

...and on a side note Kevin Maguire didn't even make it to 60 pieces for the year.
Congrats B8TINGU, what was the total gamerscore increase?

...and on a side note Kevin Maguire didn't even make it to 60 pieces for the year.
Hmm, not sure about that.. If I just look at 2017 alone it is 35,951 Gs. but then I have a few days on the over so I'd say around 36k give or take a few.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account