Member of the Month August 2016 (License to Kill)

Community Interviews

Found 11 posts - Go to Last Post

Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack jumped over and over and over again for the Kinect! Smile Well then you don't know Jack, but your going to, because this Jack is definitely not Bad Company and has a License to Kill. Oh man this name has so many possible anecdotes and limerick it's insane, so really what is all this mad rambling about, well check your date folks, it's the 1st of the month and that means GTN gets a new Member of the Month! It will all come together soon, just keep on reading because Jack is back...

Name:
Jack

Where do you live?:
I live in Stow, Ohio

What do you do for a living?
I don't really do anything for a living. I work part time during my summer and winter break, but during the school year I am unemployed.

Tell me about your Gamertag?
License to Kill (known on GTN as Jack) My gamertag is the name of a James Bond film, which I'm pretty sure many people already knew. I have actually only had for a couple of months because I got it during the recent gamertag clean out. Unfortunately for me I was so excited to change my name to this that I didn't bother checking the spelling and I wasn't aware that they used the European and not the American spelling of the word license.

When did you start playing?
My first gaming experience was when I was about eight years old and it was on Ratchet & Clank for PS2. Unfortunately I haven't had a Playstation console for a long time so I haven't been able to play any of the newer Ratchet & Clank games.

What's your play style? Ex: booster? Completionist?How often and long do you play?
I'd like to say that I'm a completionist, but about a year ago I started working on the multiplayer for a lot of my games and neglected the single player. At its peak I had forty incomplete games on my card and now I'm down to 30. Ideally I'll get it down to 20 by the end of the year.

What is your current gaming set up like?
I play all of my games in my bedroom which is pretty small, but I manage to make it work. I have a 22" monitor which I play most of my games on and then I have a 32" T.V. beside it that I use when I'm boosting a game by myself. Due to the limited space I can only have two T.V.'s in my room so it makes boosting games with more than two consoles pretty difficult because I have to constantly switch inputs.

Tell me a good gaming story or experience? ex: Epic win/fail, marathon, accomplishment, a time you visited a game convention or met someone...or anything.
I don't really have a cool story, but one gaming moment that really sticks out to me was when I was working on Battlefield: Bad Company. I played that game for about two weeks straight to get the Beans, Bullets, and Bandages achievement. The first week or so I had a lot of fun because I really enjoy Battlefield, but after that it just became a chore playing it.

Do you have a special shout out to anyone in particular in the gaming community?
Not one person in particular, but I really appreciate people who make achievement guides for games. I could not imagine doing that myself.

What's your favorite game genre?
FPS games. The constant action is always entertaining.

What’s your favorite game on 360?ONE?Of all time (any system)
F.E.A.R. is hands down my favorite game of all time with Deadly Premonition coming in a close second. F.E.A.R. is one of those games that never gets old for me. I've played through that game 10+ times over the years and I've enjoyed every playthrough. I would love to see a F.E.A.R. 4, but I don't think that would ever happen.

What is your worst game and Why?
Raven Squad: Operation Hidden Dagger is without a doubt the worst game I have ever played. I have played many bad games, but none of them are as bad as Raven Squad. The game plays horribly and on top of that it features some of the worst voice acting I have ever heard.

If you were a Video Game or game character who and why?
Max Payne. I feel like if I were to ever get into a shootout in the favelas of Brazil, I would be able to handle the situation with the same style and grace as him.

Are you looking forward to any new releases?
I'm really excited to play Battlefield 1 since there haven't been many shooters set in the past in recent years. I'm also really excited to get the CoD: 4 remaster. Hopefully it's just as fun as when it came out.

Do you collect or not so much?
I used to collect a lot of Xbox games, but I don't really buy that many games anymore since I'm trying to work down my backlog on the 360.

What else do you do besides gaming?
I don't really do too much. When I'm not at school I'm usually just playing Xbox.

What's your favorite feature on GTN?
My favorite feature is the stat tracking.

What would you tell people about GTN if you were trying to get them to join?
I would mention the stat tracking and the badge system because those are my favorite features.

Is there anything you would like added to the site?
Gaming sessions are the only feature that I can think of.

GTN on Facebook
Last edited 08-01-2016 at 04:58 PM by B8TINGU.
So with you on that Raven Squad... Heck I may just put that back in to have some laughs....or to try and clean it up.. I'm pretty much almost done with it...
Great read, and welcome to the MotM club! I also cannot wait until BF1. That is now my driving motivation to get a One. So, we'll have to nab a few games when it comes out!
So with you on that Raven Squad... Heck I may just put that back in to have some laughs....or to try and clean it up.. I'm pretty much almost done with it...
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
The dialogue is the only redeeming quality about that game and not even because it is good. It's like they told the voice actor to speak like a stereotypical asian person.
The dialogue is the only redeeming quality about that game and not even because it is good. It's like they told the voice actor to speak like a stereotypical asian person.
Originally Posted by Jack
It sounded like they all had French accents as well...lol... And they were reading directly from a script and didn't know how to inflect their voices to the situation.. Btw are you done with it completely I could still use some co-op help I think a few of the achievements are easier done with a partner, although I can do the rest single player if I have too. I just want to drag someone else along for the sheer horror if it.
It sounded like they all had French accents as well...lol... And they were reading directly from a script and didn't know how to inflect their voices to the situation.. Btw are you done with it completely I could still use some co-op help I think a few of the achievements are easier done with a partner, although I can do the rest single player if I have too. I just want to drag someone else along for the sheer horror if it.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Fortunately I finished that game years ago. If you need help with the co op achievement I could help.If you're after the miscellaneous achievements I'd recommend trying them solo since you can take advantage of the game's save system. If you can't get some of them send me a message and we can give them a try.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account