Achievement & game count discrepancy

Issues & Bug Reports

Found 7 posts - Go to Last Post

Resolved
I seem to have some discrepancies with the achievements and games on the site.

On my Info bar it shows 17401 achievements, but when I mouse over the completion percentage it states 17386.

On my nav bar it shows 607 games, but on my stats page it says 604 games.

Status changed to 'Logged' - Looking into this.
Status changed from 'Logged' to 'Resolved' - Your totals are correct. The achievements total shown in the completion rate dialog does NOT include any apps you've played since these are excluded from completion rate calculations. Your achievements page and the total shown towards the top of your profile includes achievements for BOTH apps and games so that explains the difference there.

Your games total is represented in a similar way. However, when you land on your games page, your apps are NOT included unless you navigate to the Apps tab. Your games total as shown towards the top of your profile includes BOTH games and apps.
Thank you for the update. Is there something we can do about the count totals being different in all of the places? Like a setting to exclude apps or maybe a tooltip to explain what is and is not included in the counts for things? It seems confusing that everything is correct, yet different.
Perhaps not including the apps with the played games total in the "Games Library" section would be a good start? We already see that total under the apps tab, so keeping those totals separate everywhere might make things less confusing?
Personally I think apps should be removed entirely from game/achievement stats and put in their own category and tracked as such.

But whatever the site wants to do, so long as it helps clear up the confusion.
Personally I think apps should be removed entirely from game/achievement stats and put in their own category and tracked as such.

But whatever the site wants to do, so long as it helps clear up the confusion.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
I liked this suggestion so much that I went ahead and added it. So now your games total is inline with what you see across your whole profile. Apps excluded.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account