Are the Tenured badges discontinued now?

General Chat

Found 12 posts - Go to Last Post

With Xbox Live Gold being discontinued, does this mean that the Tenured badges (xbox live gold loyalty years) are now discontinued? I am not sure how Xbox Game Pass Core shows in the Xbox API. But i wonder: 1: Do loyalty years still go up? 2: Are past xbox live gold loyalty years still visible in the Xbox API?
With Xbox Live Gold being discontinued, does this mean that the Tenured badges (xbox live gold loyalty years) are now discontinued? I am not sure how Xbox Game Pass Core shows in the Xbox API. But i wonder: 1: Do loyalty years still go up? 2: Are past xbox live gold loyalty years still visible in the Xbox API?
Originally Posted by Thijminecraft02
The tenure badges can still be seen on profiles, and it is not tenure with "Xbox Live Gold" but with Xbox Live in general, so, it looks like it still accrues and updates. The "Gold" badge appears next to it on your profile.
I did ask Eric if these badges would be effected, as I was curious myself, but I did not get an answer yet.
Update:

The tenured badge will most likely be retired at some point as tracking these badge has become a lot more difficult with Xbox Live migrating into Game Pass Core.
Sad but I guess as the bob dylan song goes "the times are changing!
When it becomes official it will get posted.
It seems the years are still updating on Xbox profiles! I reached my first year after it became Xbox Game Pass Core but it has not updated on the site yet, it's showing my tenure number on Xbox 360 still so it may still be updating!
It seems the years are still updating on Xbox profiles! I reached my first year after it became Xbox Game Pass Core but it has not updated on the site yet, it's showing my tenure number on Xbox 360 still so it may still be updating!
Originally Posted by Maxemin222
I noticed that on my profile it is one year more then on GTN, i renewed in Aug right before the switch so did not look to deep into it. We will see this year if it does the same.
I noticed that on my profile it is one year more then on GTN, i renewed in Aug right before the switch so did not look to deep into it. We will see this year if it does the same.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
I have not been able to find anyone with a 21, yet. I have a few friends I know who signed up opening weekend, which was Nov 2002, so, they should be at 21, now. And they all still show 20. (But, I only checked like 5-10 people.)
I do hope they don't get discontinued
I have not been able to find anyone with a 21 yet. I have a few friends I know who signed up opening weekend, which was Nov 2002, so they should be at 21 now. And they all still show 20. (But, I only checked like 5-10 people.)
Originally Posted by futiles
Based on this question and answer included as part of the frequently asked questions about tenure, they would need to be Gold-level members for 21 full calendar years:

Q. I’ve been a member since 2006, so why does my tenure only show a 2 when 2006 was three years ago?
A. Your Gold Veteran Status counts full years, so if you’ve been a Gold member for two years, 11 months, and 27 days, your status will display two years.
Based on this question and answer included as part of the frequently asked questions about tenure, they would need to be Gold-level members for 21 full calendar years:

Q. I’ve been a member since 2006, so why does my tenure only show a 2 when 2006 was three years ago?
A. Your Gold Veteran Status counts full years, so if you’ve been a Gold member for two years, 11 months, and 27 days, your status will display two years.
Originally Posted by Dvader83
The people I checked all would have been. None of them has ever dropped out of "Gold" or any of the other various names it has been called, and they all have their 20.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account