Assassin’s Creed: Pirates Announced for Windows 8 and Windows Phone, Coming Next Week

Gaming Chat

Found 10 posts - Go to Last Post

Ubisoft Mobile has today announced that Assassin’s Creed: Pirates will be coming to Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 next week.

The story follows the pirate, Alonzo Batilla, who holds the key to finding the treasure of the French pirate La Buse. The game focuses on naval combat and is set in the 18th century, similar to Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag.

Assassin’s Creed: Pirates arrives on August 14th for both Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8.
I'm wondering what they're going to charge...
Yeah, after the XBLA one being $20, curious about the price as well. Hope they don't overcharge just because it's an AC game.
Yeah, after the XBLA one being $20, curious about the price as well. Hope they don't overcharge just because it's an AC game.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
Well, the XBLA game was a full game, it was just the ported version of Liberation from the PSVita.
Well, the XBLA game was a full game, it was just the ported version of Liberation from the PSVita.
Originally Posted by futiles
Just cause it was on Vita doesn't make a full game... I think you're obligated to give us the full version of what a full game means to Futiles...
Just cause it was on Vita doesn't make a full game... I think you're obligated to give us the full version of what a full game means to Futiles...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
You are right, being on the Vita doesn't.

Having an actual open world, multiple missions within the world, interior and exterior locations, multiple voice acted characters, a coherent main storyline with interspersed secondary storyline and dialogue instead of just "go left to right and kill X character across 12 levels" as you have in most mobile game versions of console games is what makes it a full game.

It may be shorter than a traditional console game, but, it easily on par with any other $20 XBLA game or HD port.

It is in no way comparable to "Altair Chronicles" on WP. The DS game Assassin's Creed II: Discovery split the difference between the two. It was more than a phone game, but not quite a portable/arcade game.
On Windows Phone is out

20 achievements, 200 points.

$4.49

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en...1-a576b211feb2
On Windows Phone is out

20 achievements, 200 points.

$4.49

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en...1-a576b211feb2
Originally Posted by QuiCkz Ninja
Decent price... Is it any good anybody?
The reviews for this all are saying it crashes or wont run on Nokia 1520 and 930, currently has 2/5 stars on marketplace. it is 940mb and I dont have enough room for it right now on my phone so im going to wait and see if it gets an update before I get this one.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account