I just hit 400k

General Chat

Found 20 posts - Go to Last Post

What next?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 5 (6.85%) Quit while you're ahead. Get WiiU or switch to trophies.

× 11 (15.07%) Just play for fun, pay no attention to acheivements.

× 25 (34.25%) Work on improving that completion percentage!

× 12 (16.44%) Work on improving your completions.

× 20 (27.40%) Don't stop now, keep grinding out points as fast as you can, forget completions or completion %

• Added 10-28-2013 12:50 AM
  • 73 votes
  • Votes are public
What now? I think I know where I'm leaning, but I'm curious what everyone else would do.
Completions....really time to must stop grinding and have fun...if not foe a little while... Just do what you want and have fun with whatever your doing.

BTW congrats on a nice clean score!
Congrats Kaens. I would either work on completions or my percentage although they sort of come hand in hand. Have a break from popping points and have some fun and then, after a load of new games have come out, get back to score whoring.
I have always subscribed to the own every console line of thinking.

Wii U has a lot of nice features.
3DS XL is nice, playing Pokemon with the kid.
360, obviously.
Sony makes fantastic handhelds, of course they totally forget about them and try their hardest to strangle life out of them.
PS3 is fine, but, I really don't use it that much for gaming.
Congrats on hitting 400K, on the nose too.
nice milestone! it must be quite a journey like most of us achievements hunters! enjoyed every pop up of that addictive achievements joy!
I'm looking at these and thinking I'm in line with you guys. I feel like I want to work on my completion %, but not necessarily my number of completions. There are LOTS of games I just didn't even bother to complete because several years ago I had an epiphany one night, "Why should I spend 3-5 more hours grinding out this collectible (or replaying the game) for another 100 points and a completion, when I can get way more than that in a new game?!"

And that is how I ended up with about 66% completion rate. Granted it's gone to crap (~62%) since then because I did a Bean Dive over @ TA. Still fighting my way back from that debacle, but we are getting towards the end of a generation. What are the chances I EVER go back to these games when the new hotness comes out? I feel like I have to try and do some housecleaning now or just deal with a mediocre completion % forever.
I'm looking at these and thinking I'm in line with you guys. I feel like I want to work on my completion %, but not necessarily my number of completions. There are LOTS of games I just didn't even bother to complete because several years ago I had an epiphany one night, "Why should I spend 3-5 more hours grinding out this collectible (or replaying the game) for another 100 points and a completion, when I can get way more than that in a new game?!"

And that is how I ended up with about 66% completion rate. Granted it's gone to crap (~62%) since then because I did a Bean Dive over @ TA. Still fighting my way back from that debacle, but we are getting towards the end of a generation. What are the chances I EVER go back to these games when the new hotness comes out? I feel like I have to try and do some housecleaning now or just deal with a mediocre completion % forever.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Yes. To all of it. I agree with the 3-5 hours thought, but when my console died, I started to focus on completions again.
A defo thumbs up and well done from me KAENS, just relax and ENJOY your gaming, we all know gaming can be so hard at times and tough on the old thumbs, as for my own thumbs I do believe I have worn away my thumbs prints (sigh)

Regards
Homie
Was leaning towards "play for fun" until you said paying no attention to achievements at all. :P

Do what you want that makes you happy. I go through spurts where I grind, or just play for fun and get what comes to me and not really worry too much. I could care less about my completion percentage, it's too far in the shitter to do anything meaningful with it. Plus, I can't help but start and play games I haven't played and ending up with just a few achievements and setting it aside for the time being. I've always preferred that than to refusing to play something because it'd drop my percentage.

Different strokes for different folks, as they would say. Big Grin
You have a ton of games that you bean dived (or at least it appears so). I would say work on improving your completion percentage, but not necessarily completions! Take a game like Battlefield: Bad Company... Play through the story and enjoy it, but don't bother with a second play through unless you really enjoy it or the online unless you think its the best game you've ever played haha.

That way... you earn achievements, increase your % and only play games that are interesting/enjoyable. Seems like the perfect trifecta to me!
You have a ton of games that you bean dived (or at least it appears so). I would say work on improving your completion percentage, but not necessarily completions! Take a game like Battlefield: Bad Company... Play through the story and enjoy it, but don't bother with a second play through unless you really enjoy it or the online unless you think its the best game you've ever played haha.
Originally Posted by spankyNspronkle
This is where I'm at. I don't care about streaks or completions, but I'm going back and playing games I barely touched or never finished. I used to think like Krazie, but now that we're getting on end of the generation I am looking back and I honestly want my completion % to be more in the 75% range and that's WAY far away right now.

Let's see, I have 16,906 (of 26,590) for 63.58%. Various sites have slightly different numbers because I'll delete games from my tag after I earn a site badge for example. In order to get to 75% I will have to score 3037 achievements in the games I already have on my tag. Boy, when I look at it like that, it's heart breaking! I thought I knew what I wanted to do, now I'm struggling again. I'll at least do this until the Xbox One launches though.

Edit: I psychotically added a new sheet to my Google doc (Kaens' Gamerscore History) to track what I need for completion percentages.
Last edited 11-01-2013 at 04:21 PM by Kaens.
Work on improving that completion percentage
Hey, I have 400k too... But why work on completion percentage... Why spend more time on horrible games... Or grinding out X number of whatevers...
I voted for completions but just have fun dude and play games and get achievements. if you want to complete them to a full 100% that's great but just have fun dude. I actually played blops 2 zombies yesterday it was fun as hell. I haven't played that ish in so long!
Maybe you need a new option: Play whatever it takes to stay ahead of Buckswana, Hotdog and Fshguy on the Badge leaderboard...
Yeah my backlog is so overwhelming I stopped caring about completion percentage and completions. I could do some serious work on my completion percentage just be going and finishing games I put in for an hour. And Fsh, I would have earned that badge already Wink
I personally do not care about completion myself. Once I hit 100k I also had the idea of slowing down. Anyway congrats on 400k.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account