XBLA games now support 1000 Gamerscore

Gaming Chat

Found 19 posts - Go to Last Post

Great News....

It seems like only yesterday the Gamerscore limit on XBLA received a much-welcomed raised from 200G to 400G.

A tweet from Phantom Breaker BattleGrounds producer Masaki Sakari pointed out the surprise increase:

“It’s not so well known but achievements for XBLA games on 360 now support 1000 gamerscores too, same as Xbox One games.”

https://twitter.com/OtherGuyX/status...80222202388480
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition offers 100pts on both the 360 and one. Good to know that other games will too, especially if there are stackable versions of the game (hopefully walking dead season 3).
Looks like I'm going to be doubling down on some "Arcade" titles in the future... Of course this will devalue the Gamerscore currency.
Looks like I'm going to be doubling down on some "Arcade" titles in the future... Of course this will devalue the Gamerscore currency.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
It has value?
It has value?
Originally Posted by futiles
Only in ego... Although, there are those tiers Microsoft had... But since the top tier is like 25k+ I don't think many of us notice the difference. Or did they get rid of that program...
Only in ego... Although, there are those tiers Microsoft had... But since the top tier is like 25k+ I don't think many of us notice the difference. Or did they get rid of that program...
Are you talking about the rewards program tier? I think the top now is 75k.
They need to make more tiers since most achievement hunters are already past 75k.

Most of my fiends on xbox are already past 200k.
why not have a tier for people like Stallion83 how have 1MIL gamerscore
They need to make more tiers since most achievement hunters are already past 75k.

Most of my fiends on xbox are already past 200k.
why not have a tier for people like Stallion83 how have 1MIL gamerscore
Originally Posted by keoskey
I would bet that all of the people over 200k represent less than 1% of the LIVE population, probably over 75k would be less than 5%. Of course our spending is probably a much larger portion of the pie.
I would bet that all of the people over 200k represent less than 1% of the LIVE population, probably over 75k would be less than 5%. Of course our spending is probably a much larger portion of the pie.
Fsh is being generous. Using http://www.xboxlivescore.com/ as my source (they have nearly 48 million gamerscore tracked), only about 120,000 people have more than 75k. That is only 0.0025% of the people. People like us, hardcore gamers, have a skewed view of what the masses have because we live in this hardcore world where we visit various gaming sites all the time and live this stuff.
Fsh is being generous. Using http://www.xboxlivescore.com/ as my source (they have nearly 48 million gamerscore tracked), only about 120,000 people have more than 75k. That is only 0.0025% of the people. People like us, hardcore gamers, have a skewed view of what the masses have because we live in this hardcore world where we visit various gaming sites all the time and live this stuff.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I've done stats like this before, too. True Achievement, the current holy grail of hardcore gaming sites, only has about 250,000 registered users. Out of 40+ million gamertags. And of that 250,000, how many are alts? Even so, 250K "hardcore" gamertags out of 40M, is 0.625% of total gamertags. Even if we are a large spending base, we account for FAR LESS than 10% of spending.

Just think about it this way, for 0.625% of the group to spend 10% of the total amount, they would have to spend "about" 16x more than the average. Which means if the average gamer buys a console ($400), 2 games ($120), an extra controller ($60), and a year of LIVE ($60), then they have spent $640. The "hardcore" element would have to be spending $10,240 (and I am sure some of us have, but not all of us). And that would be $10,240 on NEW stuff. Any of your used games, used accessories, refurb consoles, trades, whatever, would not count. because none of that goes back into MS's profits.

So, yes, we are hardcore, and we do a lot more than everyone else, and Microsoft loves us, and we love ourselves, but, if we all stopped gaming, not much would change.

(Side note: Kaens' decimal is in the wrong place, though. 120,000 is 0.25%, 120,000/48,000,000 = 0.0025, which is 0.25% - Still, a ridiculously low amount.)
Only 7000 or so over 200k... even less than I thought... I just figured out a few weeks ago how they likely created that leader board.

Glad I have you guys around to fact check me.
Only 7000 or so over 200k... even less than I thought... I just figured out a few weeks ago how they likely created that leader board.

Glad I have you guys around to fact check me.
I think too few people don't look at it the right way, and Kaens is right, we think too highly of ourselves s a group, when in the business sense, MS, Sony, and Nintendo will never truly cater to our wants.
I think too few people don't look at it the right way, and Kaens is right, we think too highly of ourselves s a group, when in the business sense, MS, Sony, and Nintendo will never truly cater to our wants.
Well the hard to measure component is we are the 'taste makers' or influencers of others. If you or I tell all our friends, "You want an Xbox One" or "PS4 more powerful, get that", it DOES have an impact. One that is much harder to quantify but it's real. And I know it has a chain effect. I tell my friend (who has about 120k gamerscore, but NEVER goes to gaming sites) what to get, then when he goes to work where in his world he's the insane gaming expert, all his friends who have 10k listen to him. So while I only directly told him, he told 10, etc.

But obviously, Futiles is correct on the actual $ we spend isn't that large of a bucket.
So has anybody seen any more confirmation on the topic, outside of one game, are there any other articles or games to confirm this?
Not that I've seen, and the effects of this might not ripple to other new releases for a while yet.

Stuff will still come out with 400. Heck we had a delayed release still launch with only 200G, months after the limit was originally raised.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Woah, I have 80K, am I really that high in the charts? I honestly don't try as hard as I could either..

Edit: Actually, at 77K (according to the website), I'm only in the 190,000 range. Dang.
Woah, I have 80K, am I really that high in the charts? I honestly don't try as hard as I could either..

Edit: Actually, at 77K (according to the website), I'm only in the 190,000 range. Dang.
Originally Posted by ULTIMATE leo129
Top 190,000 still puts you in the top half a percent in the world...
So has anybody seen any more confirmation on the topic, outside of one game, are there any other articles or games to confirm this?
I feel like it is really just open to the game devs to go with the full 1,000 or just stick with 400. Although, if 1k is now open, this means all devs will lean towards it since it will help their game sales. I feel like most games from now on will support a full 1k since Guacamelee broke the traditional 400G per arcade that had been set in stone for a bit.
Top 190,000 still puts you in the top half a percent in the world...
Well put in those terms, yes it's not bad. But there are still almost 200K ahead of me. I can still achieve higher!

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account