What's the deal with Kinect Fun Labs?

Gaming Chat

Found 17 posts - Go to Last Post

Hey folks,

I was looking to play some more Kinect games for our Kinect Fitness Cycle 2. The Kinect Fun Labs shows 15 games, Some are stand alone, are the others part of a hub I need to access. I downloaded Fun Labs, but there is no launch feature, its a 400 MB advertisement. I don't see them being delisted except one ( This one ). Am I being stupid and just missing the obvious here?

http://www.gamertagnation.com/games....sc&sort=played
Hmm, I'd have to check but Fun Labs I recall seeing in app options for the games you have and the games you don't. Been awhile since I fired that one up, but it worked last I checked. Finding that stuff can be a major PIA, I think some of that goes under apps so it doesn't show up if you look at games. I recall pinning them so I could find them.

Best of luck!
the fun labs hub disappeared with the last update only way me and my brother have found a way to play any of those is going through your download history and re downloading and selecting to play after it downloads
the fun labs hub disappeared with the last update only way me and my brother have found a way to play any of those is going through your download history and re downloading and selecting to play after it downloads
Originally Posted by DXU
I don't think I ever downloaded it when it was first available. So I guess I won't be playing most of these then.
You shouldn't need the hub as I don't recall ever using it to launch them.
If I recall I also had trouble as it didn't have a download button for me, there was some work around I found to get the game although it won't show up in the games section I have to look for it manually in the download section in setting, I may need to fire it up again and see if I remember how I got them and tell you.
You shouldn't need the hub as I don't recall ever using it to launch them.
Originally Posted by planting42
Like I mentioned above only one game has been delisted. Most of the others are not coming up when I search for them for me to be able to download them.
If I recall I also had trouble as it didn't have a download button for me, there was some work around I found to get the game although it won't show up in the games section I have to look for it manually in the download section in setting, I may need to fire it up again and see if I remember how I got them and tell you.
Originally Posted by Homeless Messia
Yes please, If you manage to find the work around let me know.
Do you mean:
  • Hit guide button
  • Tab left once
  • Select Recent
  • Tab twice right to All

If you need to download them again - you can use the price links on the game page to queue them from Xbox.com such as:
Air Band - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...5-d8025848081b
Last edited 09-06-2015 at 11:07 AM by planting42.
Do you mean:
  • Hit guide button
  • Tab left once
  • Select Recent
  • Tab twice right to All

If you need to download them again - you can use the price links on the game page to queue them from Xbox.com such as:
Air Band - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...5-d8025848081b
Originally Posted by planting42
That actually launched Fun Labs and I am able to see the games that are not stand alone, but there were issues connecting to the Kinect servers. I will have to play with this when I get back home later. Thanks!
They are all stand alone though - at least you can launch each of them using the All method of looking at games/apps. There is no need to use the hub to actually launch them. Looking at the recent winners on TA, the share service is still running so you should be ok.
Originally Posted by DXU
This is accurate. I have the ones not finished on an old hardrive I could lend to you Marv? (Does that even work?)
I played all my Kinect Fun Labs about two years ago and even then I had difficulty finding the hub. I have to use the search feature to find it, and once I did, I pinned it, and I still have that shortcut there. I should fire it up and see if it still works.
This is accurate. I have the ones not finished on an old hardrive I could lend to you Marv? (Does that even work?)
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
Thank you for the offer, I think I just need to play around with it some to get them to work. Kinect me just showed up on my list as a played game, but it did not load up fully the other day. Like I said I just have to play with it some.
Update, I just got my Kinect Fun Lab to successfully load (from the old pin). I did have to go to the details of the game and select download again, and then it gave me the option to play. Everything loaded up just fine and I was able to connect to the server.

I guess for you Marv, just find Kinect Fun Labs under the games section and you should be recreate what I did. Let me know if you have any questions.
I got the same result as pTart, i even downloaded Build A Buddy and 2 other games not on the dashboard via New Gadgets option in the Kinect Fun Labs app.
Update, I just got my Kinect Fun Lab to successfully load (from the old pin). I did have to go to the details of the game and select download again, and then it gave me the option to play. Everything loaded up just fine and I was able to connect to the server.

I guess for you Marv, just find Kinect Fun Labs under the games section and you should be recreate what I did. Let me know if you have any questions.
Originally Posted by pTartTX
I managed to get Fun Labs to work from Plantings' suggestion. Kinect Me does show up in my list as a stand alone, but it will not launch saying it is missing. I got it to work inside the Fun Labs Hub.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account