Member of the Month October 2013 (Sith Rick)

Community Interviews

Found 30 posts - Go to Last Post

Howdy fellow GTN members. This is a few days late than intended to post. I was late getting questions to our interviewee.

Name:
Sith Rick

DLW: What do you do for a living?

SR: I am in the printing business, I run a 5 color 40" Heidelberg printing press. Im currently the Print Shop manager at Park West Gallery. The company specializes in cruse ship auctions and I print sales marketing material to get people to attend the auctions. Ive been here for 16 years.

DLW: What's your favourite feature on GTN?

SR: Badges!

DLW: Would you class yourself as a casual, recreational or professional gamer?

SR: Right now I would say im more of a casual gamer, I have gone through some rough times lately and haven't been very interested in gaming. I will get back at it sooner or later but will probably never be an every day gamer like I was for the last 5 or 6 years. I do miss that achievement unlocked sound though!

DLW: How long have you been playing video games?

SR: I have been playing since the Atari 2600, yep im old! I have had every major console since then

DLW: What is your all-time favorite game?

SR: Thats a tough one, So many great games over the years...but I think I will say the game that hooked me for life is The Legend of Zelda.

DLW: What's your favourite game genre?

SR: I would say RPGs are my favorite but sadly I also tend to put them off because of the time sink to play other games. That is what the down side of this achievement thing is for me. It has totally changed the way I game, but also made me try some games I would have otherwise overlooked.

DLW: Are you looking forward to any new releases?

SR: Mostly Battlefield 4 and Forza5. Titan fall, Destiny and The Division too but they are much farther out.

DLW: Xbox One or PS4?

SR: I will stay with the Xbox, I love what they are doing with the Kinect, smart glass and the integration between phone, tablet, and PC

DLW: What would you tell people about GTN if you were trying to get them to join?

SR: I would tell them that if they like sites that have cool stats and a great community to definitely check it out and I dare you to not get addicted to the badges!

DLW: Is there anything you would like to see added to the site?

SR: There have been a lot of new members over the last few months with lots of great ideas. Eric is doing a terrific job of implementing them into the site. Amazing how quickly he gets things done around here! I guess the one thing I would like to see is the ability and tools for anyone to create an event or challenge and easily be able to track things without haveing to have coding knowledge.

Well there you have it folks. The man, the myth, the Sith Rick.

Come back next for our next interview at the same bat time and the same bat channel....
Very nice. Printing, eh? Never occurred to me. We'll play BF4 together Wink

I'm after Chaotikilla, right? lol
We're about par according to the last poll but I have a few tricks up my sleeve this time. Every time someone joins one of my leaderboards I automatically get a vote WHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! If only I could do that really.
I should make you guys roshambo each other to see who is next....
Go for it DLW and then we shall see. Either way though I wouldn't mind
Legend of Zelda FTW!

Great interview. Good to get to know the community outside of the gaming aspect.
I already consigned to Chaotikilla being next, I meant the following month for me. Rock Paper Scissors? lol
I pick RoPaSc Porsche. It's a super breed of the 3 that has all the strengths and none of the weaknesses
Who? Yeah it should be about Sith Rick. We should leave the rivalry for the next poll
Who? Yeah it should be about Sith Rick. We should leave the rivalry for the next poll
Originally Posted by chaotikilla
I thought the last poll was designed to set up the next few contestants lol

BACK TO TOPIC

Was it the original Zelda that hooked you in? If so, me too. I played it at a friends house, and had to have it. I was playing my rusty old SEGA master system (Yeah, I'm old too lol) and Wonder Boy 3, but once I saw Zelda, I knew I was missing something. Thanks fro bringing that old memory back!
Great interview. You got any kids?
Originally Posted by SpectreSubZero
I have known Sith Rick for some time. Yes he does have kids however I cannot recall how many.
yes, 2 boys 14 and 15, lots of fun and I hate buying 3 copies of the same game!

@Porsch yes the original Zelda, The first game I ever beat! Im in for Battlefield 4
At least you have 2 other people to boost with and all you have to do is shout to the person in the next room lol
LOL they have helped me a few times but they are not into achievements very much and most of the time they are playing COD of which I dont play. The older boy branches out a bit more and now plays Battlefield more than COD, but still hard to get him to leave his friends to help out.

I have thought about making them do long boring boosting sessions for me when they are in trouble though, but I usually boost with the same group of friends and I dont want my boys to annoy them as they did when we were sharing my xbox and account.
Congrats! No new member of the month?
Congrats! No new member of the month?
Originally Posted by QuiCkz Ninja
We should just change it to member of the year...it would make it easier.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account