Member of the Month August 2014 (Kaens)

Community Interviews

Found 29 posts - Go to Last Post

I solo'ed my rogue to ~38 before I ever joined a guild, so Cazic Thule was out of the questions. Eventually when I was high enough, I used to go down to the basement and farm black silk something.. oh man, I can't remember!.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Just refreshed my memory over at Alla Khazam's! I was thinking of Lower Guk and the flowing black silk sashes. Cazic Thule I remember doing corpse runs for my team and making huge piles of bodies. I did that many many times, but that was when everyone was thankful to have a rogue. Eventually I became a DPS machine and everyone wanted me, but prior to that everyone wants bards, rangers, shaman, something more versatile. But when you died on that raid, that's when everyone suddenly wanted me to be their best friend! :hugegrin:

That's okay, you don't have to play this, sit on that 200 point cushion..
Originally Posted by Fshguy
You mean the 300 point cushion right? Oh wait, that was the story you were selling me last month. This month 200 points, next month 100 points. I know how this goes and I need all the damn badges I can get!
You mean the 300 point cushion right? Oh wait, that was the story you were selling me last month. This month 200 points, next month 100 points. I know how this goes and I need all the damn badges I can get!
Yup, that's the one. Can I help it if I'm bad at math??? I think I'll need some of those holiday badges you already have to close that gap, that's months away. I'd worry about Buckswana... He'll be popping those 200 have/complete DLC badges soon, but the 5/10k badges...
Yup, that's the one. Can I help it if I'm bad at math??? I think I'll need some of those holiday badges you already have to close that gap, that's months away. I'd worry about Buckswana... He'll be popping those 200 have/complete DLC badges soon, but the 5/10k badges...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
This is why we need to be able to compare badges! Get working on that Fsh!

Thank you everyone for the compliments on the interview, I am truly thankful.
This is why we need to be able to compare badges! Get working on that Fsh!

Thank you everyone for the compliments on the interview, I am truly thankful.
I just did the Gamertag compare, probably just do something like that, but break it down by badges all tags have, badges non have, and the badges somebody has, but not everybody. I think the last category is the most interesting. Although seeing how close other people are on the badges nobody has could be nice too.
AOL is still around?
Originally Posted by SpectreSubZero
Correct, and we still make several billion $ a year. Dial up stopped being our focus when when we bought Time Warner (even though we do have nearly 3M people who still use dial up). We own tons of stuff you probably heard of, like MapQuest, Huffington Post, Engadget, Techcrunch, stuff like that. There is an AOL On app you can download to watch our original content on your Xbox (two of the shows just got Emmy nominations). Last year it was a huge deal that we passed Google for video ads (link), which most people think is impossible since they own YouTube. Here are recent comScore rankings...

Top U.S. Online Video Content Properties Ranked by Unique Video Viewers
March 2014 Total U.S. – Home and Work Locations

Content Videos Only (Ad Videos Not Included)
Property | UVs (000) | Videos (000)* | Minutes per Viewer
Total Audience* | 187,791 | 46,637,320 | 1,066.80
#1 Google Sites | 155,613 | 11,069,548 | 294
#2 Facebook | 88,424 | 4,592,878 | 79.9
#3 AOL, Inc. | 69,385 | 1,314,206 | 49.5

Ad Videos Only (Content Videos Not Included)
Property | Video Ads (000)| Total Ad Minutes (MM)| Frequency (Ads per Viewer)| % Reach Total U.S. Population
Total Audience* | 28,749,115| 10,863| 170.1| 54.3
#1 LiveRail | 3,891,534| 1,598| 25.5 | 49
#2 AOL, Inc. | 3,806,253| 1,744| 28 | 43.7
#3 BrightRoll Platform | 3,131,166 | 1,510| 18.7 | 53.9
#4 Google Sites | 3,063,473 |308 | 27.5 | 35.8

Anyhow, I'm sure you were joking, but since I've dedicated my entire adult life to AOL I feel compelled to at least point out a few things people don't usually know.
A little late, but great read Kaens. I think we already discussed our EverQuest pasts before, but I still enjoy reading about it. Agree it would be my most favorite game of all time as well, probably just because of the sheer number of hours spent. I'm also most excited about Dragon Age Inquisition for XB1 at this point for the fall releases.
I decided to read this after you sent me a friend request, and I'm glad I did. Your gamertag is great, now I will always see it as Sneak though. I have a slight problem with dyslexia anyways so now my brain will really do flips! You have some interesting picks for your favorite 360 games. I have beat Oblivion on my old account. I never played Tenchu Z though, and now that is going on my wishlist.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account