Introducing Microsoft Health & Microsoft Band

Tech & Electronics

Found 9 posts - Go to Last Post

Microsoft Health, a new cloud powered service to store your health and fitness data.

Nice

http://news.microsoft.com/features/m...a-glance-away/
I kinda want one, but ill wait for a sale.
Originally Posted by palmettobling
That's a good plan Smile
me too
Find out when your friends log on to Xbox One with your Microsoft Band

A cool feature about the Microsoft Band is that now you can get notified on your wrist when your friends log on their Xbox One so you can coordinate your gaming sessions. According to our tipster, it's pretty easy to set up your Xbox One and your Xbox One SmartGlass application on your phone to deliver notifications to your Microsoft Band. Now, when your friends get online, you'll instantly know so you won't waste any time in starting that multiplayer game.

http://www.windowscentral.com/find-o...microsoft-band
Isn't that what people use their phones for? I'm a hold out, but I know a lot of people that don't wear watches cause they use their smartphone to tell time...

I do need to look into the band though, I heard that it can somehow tell when you're riding a bike and give you credit for it.
Holy moly, this has got a lot of features.. My only concern is battery life...

http://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-band/en-us

Heart rate monitor 24-hour heart rate monitor: Gives you a better understanding of your calorie burn, sleep patterns, and peak and resting heart rate so you can perform at your best.

Run Run: Whether you’re on the treadmill at the gym or outdoors in the rain or sun, you can view your run summary on your band with personalized metrics in the phone app including pace splits and heart rate. Steps tracker

Steps: Set a goal and track your progress. Microsoft Band calculates the calories you’ve burned and the distance you’ve traveled each day.

Built in GPS Built-in GPS: Measures the distance you’ve run and tracks your pace and route. Save your favorites to retrace your steps and challenge yourself later.

Calorie tracking Calorie tracking: Count the calories you burn each day. View daily or weekly stats, set goals, and receive a virtual "high-five" when you reach them.

Sleep tracking Sleep tracking: When activated, Microsoft Band tracks the length and quality of your sleep. Analyze the sleep charts in your app to gain insights about your slumber.

Guided workouts Guided Workouts: Fun and challenging workouts from fitness partners like Gold's Gym, Shape, and Men's Fitness with exercise prompts on the band and much more in the app.

Goal setting Goal setting: Challenge yourself by setting daily step and calorie goals. Microsoft Band notifies you when you meet them so that you can stay motivated.

UV monitor UV monitor: Get a quick read of the UV Index while you’re out and about.
DUUUUUUUUDE! I want this. Me being a fitness freak id love to have this. like fsh said most don't wear watches (me being one of them) but ill make an exception for fitness. Smile

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account