Member of the Month June 2017 (Dvader83)

Community Interviews

Found 7 posts - Go to Last Post

The year was 1983 and something peculiar happened to this gamer, he was born! The Force is strong with this one, so don't make him destroy you... but I think he's a good guy after all, even in his darkest of days, maybe you should ask him about the day he punched a horse, seriously! So give it up for our very own Dark Lord because he did stop and share his thoughts with us making him our newest Member of the month.

Name:
There are some who call me...Tim?

Where do you live?
I live around 20 miles (32 km for those outside the U.S.) north of Seattle.

What do you do for a living?
I’m currently working at a local retail store as part of the closing crew.

Tell me about your Gamertag?
Dvader83 represents my favorite movie villain and the year I was born, because there was no greater movie villain that year.

When did you start playing?
I started playing when I was five. I would go over to the house of a guy I went to school with and we’d play on the NES he had, primarily Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt.

How often and long do you play?
It varies. With work taking up most of my evenings, I usually play mobile games on days I work, and on the days I have off I’ll try to play for an hour or two (sometimes longer if I’m playing Skyrim SE).

What's your play style? Ex: booster? Completionist? How often and long do you play?
Again it varies. Sometimes I like to start a game and finish it before moving on to another, other times I feel like I need a new adventure (and more gamerscore) more often. Then there are the times when I start a game like Fallout or one of The Elder Scrolls games that just suck up an insanely large amount of my gaming time. I have done some boosting with others on occasion, primarily in Halo and Gears. At some point I would like to go back to some of the games I haven’t finished unlocking all the achievements for, which might require one or more boosting partners.

What’s your current gaming setup like?
I currently have my Xbox One and 360 hooked up to a 27 inch Vizio in my bedroom.

Tell me a good gaming story or experience? ex: Epic win/fail, marathon, accomplishment, a time you visited a game convention or met someone...or anything.
I bought the OG Xbox shortly after it first came out, not really sure what I was getting into, since at the time I knew Microsoft as the company that made the OS on my computer and had published a few PC games that I enjoyed. When I saw the TV ads for the system, I was still playing Goldeneye quite a lot, so I thought this new system has a new, kinda futuristic Bond game available for it. I still wasn’t sure about this new game called Halo, so I went and rented a copy from the Hollywood Video down the street. Partway through the second level I got stuck and wasn’t sure what to do, so I found a copy of the game and the strategy guide at the store that I would end up working at 13 years later, returned the rental copy, went back home and continued on from where I was stuck. After I got past the early part of the game, I was hooked and it turned out to be one of the best games I had ever played up to that point in my life.

Do you have a special shout out to anyone in particular in the gaming community?
Not sure if any of them will read this, but I will say thanks to some of the members of Xbox America who invited me to join them in their pursuit of the original Seriously... Achievement (still haven’t unlocked that one).

What's your favorite game genre?
RPGs, though open-world sandbox games aren’t far behind.

What’s your favorite game on 360? ONE? Of all time (any system)
For 360: I would say Oblivion and Skyrim are my favorite single player games and Call of Duty 4 is my favorite multiplayer game.
On the Xboner: Fallout 4 and The Witcher 3 are my favorites so far.
All time by system:
I have to go with:
NES - Super Mario Bros; SNES - Super Mario World;
N64 - Goldeneye;
OG Xbox - Halo;
PC - Have to go with a three way tie on this one: Age of Empires/Mythology series, Command & Conquer series (up until C&C 3), Heroes of Might and Magic series.

What is your worst game and Why?
Darkest of Days. It is supposed to be an easy 1000 GS if one wants to quickly get their gamerscore higher, but for me at least, it wasn’t entirely that easy.

What is the most amusing achievement you’ve unlocked?
This has to be a tie between Warm Coffee (GTA IV) and Horse Puncher (Darkest of Days).

If you were a Video Game or game character who and why?
I guess any game where the protagonist rarely (if ever) talks would best describe me, since I’m like that IRL.

Are you looking forward to any new releases?
Crackdown 3; Elder Scrolls 6 (not yet announced, but we know you’re working on it Bethesda); had some interest in Scalebound, but that’s not happening any more.

Do you collect or not so much?
Not really; I do have a smallish collection of about 100-200 games between PC, OG Xbox, 360 and Xbone.

What else do you do besides gaming?
Reading, watching TV/movies. Currently reading I Am Spock; watching the early seasons of Big Bang Theory on days off work.

What's your favorite feature on GTN?
Has to be the badges. Kinda like the sites’ version of Pokemon, you gotta catch ‘em all.

What would you tell people about GTN if you were trying to get them to join?
We’re a small, welcoming community that will get you hooked on collecting the site badges.

Is there anything you would like added to the site?
I made a suggestion about filtering out the timed exclusive badges (i.e. the Windows 8 beta, the Destiny beta) from the list of those that are locked.

GTN on Facebook
Good stuff! I played a lot of Goldeneye and Halo growing up, too. Plenty of fond LAN party memories.
Awesome read and good to know someone else who started out on Mario Bros / Duck Hunt Smile
Congrats! Halo did it for me too, it was such a great game.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account