General FAQ, help, hints and tips about your profile and badges!

General Chat

Found 3 posts - Go to Last Post

Pinned Thread
Badges Q & A and general FAQ

No data being pulled from your Xbox profile and why badges are not being awarded.
You must Verify your account here at GTN, this insures that we know you wanted an account here and to make sure you are not a robot. Once Verified you'll start to unlock badges, Verification is easy, after you initially sign up for your free account an email will be sent to the address associated with the account. just follow those instructions and you'll soon start seeing data being loaded on to your GTN profile. If you still need help check out this link help or PM a staff member here: About us

I see a lot of my Xbox information on my profile, but there is still stuff missing?
Wait for it.....no really just wait for it. GTN scanners can take up to a full week to grab and display ALL of your Xbox information. This is dependent on the amount of new members joining at the same time and on your personal Xbox profile information. The bigger your gamescore or games played and DLC packs owned means GTN scanners have a lot of work to do, but don't stop playing on the account of us, we'll catch up!

I've noticed I don't have this badge for playing/completing said game/series yet I earned it.
Tell us! Open a new thread here: Issues Bug Reports and let us know, sometimes we have to unlock a badge manually for some people, its pretty rare but it happens, just be sure to give it at least a day for the system to catch it. Scanners for the 360 and the One run at different times. So if you just played a game it may take up to one day for it to show up on your profile and please open a new thread instead of adding to an existing thread, we use these as an open ticket and when one issue is resolved we might not see your new post about the same issue in someone else's thread and assume your just commenting on the subject to help as a lot of our community members like to help.

My app badge progression doesn't seem right? I have way more aps than it's counting!
Just like the One games GTN only recognizes apps with achievements and even those need to have an achievement, the apps that don't have achievements are not counted.

Retro Badges v Non Retro Badges.

Most badges are retroactively given meaning after you have verified your account, GTN will begin to scan your gaming data and this will allow the scanners to begin to unlock your badges, if earned. Although there are some badges that will not be unlocked for you if you have already achieved the criteria, these are non retro active badges that you must earn or in some cases re-earn while you have an active GTN profile. These badges are currently only associated with the Best week ever series. Best Week Ever IV The good news is the Best Year Ever V badges are retroactive badges!

DLC & Completions

Hey I don't have a badge for completing said game, but I have clearly completed it!
There is a lot of information going on here at GTN and sometimes in rare cases a bump in the system occurs usually this happens when one of the pesky devs are poking around the system and updating or maintaining GTN stuff...its technical..
so here are a few things to help you out.
GTN problems and solutions:
1. If this is a game that you have previously played and competed before you joined and verified your account here at GTN try replaying the game, well you don't have to replay and earn achievements, just load it up to the title screen and if you want goof off, were just making sure it's information is queued in to your Xbox profile. Then wait atleast one day (sooner if you're a premium subscriber, see benefits!) this may fix your problem.
2. If this happened well after you have been a member here.. (at least a full week, sooner if you're a premium subscriber) you can try the above solution or if you just do not own the game just start a thread and let us know, alternatively you can also send a PM/DM to one of the staff members here, we'll poke your profile a bit and see if we can get something to fall out, which will happen and then we'll all be happy again!
USER Problems and solutions:
3. This gets a bit more tricky, You may have completed a game 100% all achievements, but don't forget the 0gs achievements, that will cause this problem, so go back and get those out of the way.
4. You have completed a game and so have other gamers, they got the badge, you didn't. Does this game have DLC? A game is considered 100% when all the base game achievements have been earned (including the 0gs) even if the game has DLC achievements, here is where things get tricky. If you have not started any of the DLC wait for your badge, BUT if you have started any of the DLC (if the GTN scanners have picked up the DLC, because some DLC you do not have to get an achievement to have it scanned as owned) then you're going to have to complete the DLC to get the badge.
For now DLC is incorporated in to the badge system as part of the base game for badge purposes.. This helps stop people who have completed most of the base game but then DLC comes out and they completed enough DLC Achievements to get a full 1000 gamerscore and trick GTN scanners into getting them a badge, Scandalous!

ONE v 360 tracking:

Why are my 360 games showing up on my profile but my ONE games are not?
Tracking 360 games is automatic: Where as all you have to do is start a game up and GTN will automatically capture it, you dont even need to unlock an achievement in it!

If you don't want it on your profile here at GTN you'll have to delete it from your XBox profile before the GTN scanners get to it, otherwise GTN will count it and you will never be ale to remove that game from your profile here, (without some heavy help)

The only exception to this is a 0 point achievement games/apps will scan to your profile.

Tracking Xbox One games is automatic too, but due to the new code for Xbox One, you must get at least one achievement in any game for it to show on your GTN profile.

Comments on your profile and profile views:

Hey I comment on my profile but my count for Commentator IV is not going up? and BTW I look at my profile all the time and my counter for Mr.Popularity III doesn't go up either?
Views to your profile only count if someone else is looking at your profile. This is also the case for commenting. If you comment to your own profile it will not count toward your Commentator badge you have to comment on someone else profile for it to count. This helps to encourage community involvement.

My enthusiast streak keeps getting reset!
Here is some hints and tips you can do to help your self:
Check this page Enthusiast V it will tell you the current GTN time and when it will reset.
You need to remember GTN is on Central Standard time and that time resets at 12:00am every night.
Set a time period to log in daily and make a comment somewhere, this gives you a personal time stamp on the site.
If you're going to comment and are working on other badges (see above) comment to someone else profile, it gives them a profile view and you a comment count, but no spamming! guidelines
If you leave a page/tab open leave it on a very specific page here on GTN Whose on line this page autoupdates frequently even if you're not on, just make sure the device is on.

Why are some badges retired?
Retired badges are badges that just don't work any more with the current set up of GTN structure, unfortunately this happens..we may bring them back, but for now let them enjoy theres golden years. There are badges that have replaced what these retried badges were (and that one badge was only limited to 100 people anyway).

Is that it?
No GTN is constantly evolving and there are always small issues and stuff we are over looking, were not perfect...yet, so if there is something you think I missed or want to know more about please drop it here and I'll see what I can do about adding or editing the info here. Also, the community here is great, knowledglable and very helpful, so if a staff member doesn't get to you first then someone will probably step up and give it go. Most community members already know of this information and are happy to help.
Last edited 05-21-2017 at 07:06 PM by B8TINGU.
Comments on your profile and profile views:

Hey I comment on my profile but my count for (badge here) is not going up? and BTW I look at my profile all the time and my counter for Commentator IV doesn't go up either?
Views to your profile only count if someone else is looking at your profile. This is also the case for commenting. If you comment to your own profile it will not count toward Mr.Popularity III you have to comment on someone else profile for it to count. This helps to encourage community involvement.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Those badge names should be swapped around. Also it should be noted that although you cannot comment directly to your own profile for the comment badge, you can comment on your activities on your feed and those will count.
Ah! Right you are sir, good catch. I'll make the changes when I wake up..I was a bit rushed when I was originally posting this. I should have waited the extra day.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account