Please post all new badge ideas here

Feature Requests

Under Review
These may have been mentioned previous.

Gamerscore Increase I: Earned more Gamerscore than your previous day of gaming for 5 days!
Gamerscore Increase II: Earned more Gamerscore than your previous day of gaming for 10 days!
Gamerscore Increase III: Earned more Gamerscore than your previous day of gaming for 25 days!
Gamerscore Increase IV: Earned more Gamerscore than your previous day of gaming for 50 days!
Gamerscore Increase V: Earned more Gamerscore than your previous day of gaming for 100 days!
Originally Posted by dieselv2
Is this for scoring streaks?
yeah so

Day 1: 10GS
Day 2: 25GS
Day 3: 50GS
Day 4: 60GS
Day 5: 100GS

As you have basically improved everyday for 5 days straight, you'd get the badge.
yeah so

Day 1: 10GS
Day 2: 25GS
Day 3: 50GS
Day 4: 60GS
Day 5: 100GS

As you have basically improved everyday for 5 days straight, you'd get the badge.
Originally Posted by dieselv2
Is this Day 2 +25, or Day 2 +15=25?
Day 2 achieved 25GS. They were just examples
So not only a scoring streak, but an increasing score over said streak. None of this one achievement a day for xxx days to keep a streak going.

Interstetting....
Is this Day 2 +25, or Day 2 +15=25?
Originally Posted by Dacoto
You just have to earn more gamerscore than the previous day. Over and over and over.
I like the idea of an incremental achievement streak like that... It almost happened on 360voice.. But then I sidetracked.

All of the badges here seem to be permanent, so that would be a whole new process.
I was wondering if there was any ideas for a "Cross Platform" badge.

My thinking is that one would have to play the same game on 2 or more systems. For example, play Assassin's Creed IV on both Xbox 360 and Xbox One. I think there is quite a few games to do this with if needed.

Also, in addition to the played badge, you could include a "Complete on both Systems" badge.

Just some thoughts.
Radar Boy
I like the idea of an incremental achievement streak like that... It almost happened on 360voice.. But then I sidetracked.

All of the badges here seem to be permanent, so that would be a whole new process.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
And they better stay that way. The disappearing badges at 360voice were bullshit!
And they better stay that way. The disappearing badges at 360voice were bullshit!
Originally Posted by Kaens
I dunno, some of the badges here could benefit from disappearing. Like your completion % or First to play/complete.

What this site needs is a White Rabbit.
What this site needs is a White Rabbit.
Ugh, just bring all the crap I didn't like about 360v here. Eric has 3 hidden badges for finding things and exploring on the site already.
I have one that I've unlocked about 5 times haha
Ugh, just bring all the crap I didn't like about 360v here. Eric has 3 hidden badges for finding things and exploring on the site already.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I bet you hated these as a kid too then :
http://www.highlightskids.com/hidden-pictures
I bet you hated these as a kid too then :
http://www.highlightskids.com/hidden-pictures
I actually have that on my counter right now and my daughter and I do them together. Mostly just me pretending not to see stuff. But the jokes are top notch!

It's very simple, and I ranted about this in the last big wave of people a year ago when I joined - do not take badges away from people! The badges and Fshguy challenges were the only thing keeping me at 360v for the past five years and when they constantly changed the requirements for the badges and you loose badges it made me not care. Scored a cheevo every day for a year, sweet, you can't have this badge until you miss a day. Start over. Oh you went and bought/rented a bunch of games to earn a badge but then the next months the games for the badge change and you start over. Wrong wrong wrong. One of many reasons that site became useless.
You do raise great points about losing badges. I always felt like there should have been some sort of benchmarks for active streaking for things. But another issue that we were trying to get pushed through was dynamic badges.

If you play games that later go de-listed, they would still count for you and towards your badges. No more worrying about server closures or what have you. Anything you played counted. Period. Every platform. Every game. Sadly this never came to be, and part of that is because of the team in place. Some people were thinking of themselves and how it impacted their badgescore, and not what would be best for the site and the community it serves.

I still believe there should be a few badges that you can lose. Especially completion % based ones...
You do raise great points about losing badges. I always felt like there should have been some sort of benchmarks for active streaking for things. But another issue that we were trying to get pushed through was dynamic badges.

If you play games that later go de-listed, they would still count for you and towards your badges. No more worrying about server closures or what have you. Anything you played counted. Period. Every platform. Every game. Sadly this never came to be, and part of that is because of the team in place. Some people were thinking of themselves and how it impacted their badgescore, and not what would be best for the site and the community it serves.

I still believe there should be a few badges that you can lose. Especially completion % based ones...
Thanks for the thoughtful response to my emotional one. I don't think anyone should ever loose their badge. If you sustained a 90% or 75% completion percentage (with minimum number of games) then you earned it. You should be able to go on a bean dive and drop 60 games onto your tag (like I did last year) and not loose your accomplishments. It's like achievements, once earned you keep them forever. Btw, I will NEVER have either of those badges, and I'm still fighting for those that have/will earn them to be allowed to keep it. We'll just disagree and I respect your differing opinion.

Also, went downstairs and took this (note the date near my thumb)..
I love the fact that you have Highlights mags still.

Perhaps we put the idea of losing badges up to a vote? See what the collective want to do? There's valid points to either side of the debate. Maybe we see what the silent majority wants.
Oh, and I'm currently 46 games deep on my bean dive. Will put on another 10 or so more over this weekend. Then I will close out the "official" dive and start recovery.
I love the fact that you have Highlights mags still.

Perhaps we put the idea of losing badges up to a vote? See what the collective want to do? There's valid points to either side of the debate. Maybe we see what the silent majority wants.
The previous couple of posts became TL;DR for me.

But, can I say that some badges I am cool with being permanent, anything that encourages spamming, I NEVER want those people to lose those badges, because I never want to see them spam it again. NEVER.

But, I would think that if there is a badge tied to something that naturally fluctuates, then the badge makes sense to disappear. You should have to "maintain" that badge.

For the comparison to 360voice, I was one of the people trying to get dynamic badges to happen, because I hated seeing games that got played get ignored because of glitched achievements, or delisting, or some other factor. A genre makes sense to change though, and you should have to maintain it. Series badges here are usually just play a single game in a series, cool, play one and have it forever. But, if there was a badge for playing every game in a series, and a new game comes out, I would be in favor of that badge needing to be "maintained" by the user.

I always liked the idea of the IN badge at 360voice, and I find the game of the week (or whatever the title is here) to be silly. So, I just wait for it to be a game I have, and I get the badge forever.
I always liked the idea of the IN badge at 360voice, and I find the game of the week (or whatever the title is here) to be silly. So, I just wait for it to be a game I have, and I get the badge forever.
Originally Posted by futiles
See, that's where I think it's silly to even HAVE or earn things that need to be maintained. It's supposed to be fun, not like my lawn.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account