Do you still buy games with no Gamerscore?

General Chat

Found 5 posts - Go to Last Post

Do you buy games which don't have permanent achievements?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 4 (23.53%) Yes, it will never stop me from playing a good game

× 3 (17.65%) Yes, but only if it's something I REALLY like the look of

× 4 (23.53%) Maybe, if I can't get it on my preferred system

× 1 (5.88%) No, even on other platforms I'll only buy games with them

× 5 (29.41%) No, it has to be on my preferred system with achievements

• Added 09-15-2022 11:01 AM
  • 17 votes
Today's poll is an interesting one. Since the advent of Achievements being tied to a persistent gamer profile which keeps a record of your gaming prowess (or lack thereof), many people have played games they otherwise wouldn't have played because of achievements.

This is good in the sense that it could open players up to styles of games they otherwise wouldn't play, but it could also have the opposite effect: Keeping potential players away from great games because of a lack of achievement support.

So my question is this: Do you ever buy games which don't support achievements? Now, this could be on the Xbox ecosystem, with the now defunct XBLIG channel on the 360, or the Content Creator's Collection on the X1 (Siralim 3 is great by the way! Go and get it!)

It could also be buying games on other platforms: PC, handheld, mobile, Switch, itch.io or even retro games.

For me, the game is always first. I own thousands - literally, thousands - of games which don't support any kind of achievements. Now, I LOVE achievements and unlocking them, I LOVE having a permanent record of the things I've achieved. But if a game looks like something I'll love, it's getting my support regardless of whether it has achievements, trading cards, or anything else.

How do you all feel about this?

I primarily play on Xbox, but I don't only play games with achievements. If the game is fun, I'll play it; including a few Nintendo games. Smile
I am 99% Xbox when it comes to games , so by default, most of the time it has achievements. I have a bunch of digital Original Xbox games and those of corse dod not have achievements, but I have yet to play them.

The only other place I game will be on my phone on occasion. The last real game that did not have achievements there was The Sword of Fargoal. I took it with me on a trip to Europe since there would be no portable Xbox to take along. It's a classic.
These polls have been really interesting, to read about different people's takes and experiences.

For the record, I'll be doing a breakdown of the various results after they close Smile
I have yet for a tabletop game to give me gamerscore. But, I keep trying...

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account