Game Collecting

Gaming Chat

Found 14 posts - Go to Last Post

Do you consider owning a game digitally as part of your collection?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 24 (55.81%) Yes - Of course it is you dumbass

× 10 (23.26%) No - You don't really own it

× 9 (20.93%) Never thought about it thanks for the poll

• Added 04-10-2023 12:17 AM
  • 43 votes
Do you consider owning a game digitally as part of your collection?

I don't consider anything you "own" digitally as being owned.

Stuff can be delisted, licenses can be lost and stuff gets removed from digital stores. Heck, a lot of physical releases you barely own because of how much data comes on the disc vs being downloaded.
Last edited 04-10-2023 at 12:22 AM by General Tynstar.
I think digital is more convenient than going to the store and buying a physical copy also digital have more sales than the physical one.
if you physically bought it you own it whether that's straight from the store or in the case of games for gold. gamepass on the other hand i see that as more or less trial versions like back in the day because once they leave gamepass you have buy the game to continue playing
I was going to vote yes but you made a good point so I voted no.
I make it a point to never uninstall my digital games, so as long as I can access the console or hard drive, I still have access to them. But, I get your point about only buying a "license" for digital games rather than the games themselves. That's one of the reasons that I prefer physical media. Admittedly, I don't go back to much of my digital games once I've completed it.
As a Purist I tend to decline digital games as a collection.

But many do but if there is a disk I get that 100% over the digital release
Digital only I would classify it as part of my digital collection. I prefer a physical copy of a game and go that route if I can. I also like displaying my games on my shelf.
A lot of games aren't even like playable now on disk and the only games that get released on disk nowadays are ones I don't really care for.

For Xbox 360 (if not backwards compatible), i prefer disk.

The only real stuff I care to collect at all is steelbooks though. And i honestly would rather get a cheap steelbook with no disk than one way more expensive with the disk (unless it's a game i really want and don't have).

At the end of the day, I'm broke. I don't really buy shit at all. Especially over like $10 at most normally
Under $10 a piece is what I bought most of the XB 360 games for.
Under $10 a piece is what I bought most of the XB 360 games for.
Originally Posted by General Tynstar
Yeah, seems like prices have started going back up for a lot of games recently. Especially foreign releases (which is the other thing I off-and-on try to grab).
Yeah, seems like prices have started going back up for a lot of games recently. Especially foreign releases (which is the other thing I off-and-on try to grab).
Originally Posted by PangoBara
Yeah, I have noticed. I finished my set years ago. I have had to replace some over the last year and was surprised by the prices.
https://steamladder.com/profile/76561198854461127/

on steam I am a collector as evidenced by the above link. So yes i consider digital games as my part of my meow collection.
In xbox one every games i have digital less rdr2,ride2,mxgp 19 ,f1 17 and 16. 360 Almost disk
If I can go back I would have never traded in some of my original xbox games for 360 titles in order to get achivments.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account