× 8 (25.00%) Yes, fairly often

× 7 (21.88%) Sometimes, if I remember

× 2 (6.25%) Not really, no

× 1 (3.13%) I don't know anything about them

× 1 (3.13%) Just here for the poll!

• Added 11-07-2022 02:45 PM
  • 32 votes

...Do you bother?

As a GPU member, I religiously earn my reward points. I try to remember to do it daily, but I have missed a few, especially if I've been on holiday etc.

Currently I'm on a 36 day streak and a 46 week streak.

I tend to redeem them for store credit when I hit the various thresholds, but I've been saving them up for a couple of months now, and have over 34k points (35.1k is £30 of store credit at the level 2 exchange rate, which I've been at forever).

I also try to do the Game Pass quests as well as the reward app ones, and very occasionally the mobile quests too. I've hit the 1k monthly GP reward for the last two months.

It takes me about 5 minutes per day to earn the rewards, so why not?

What about you guys - do you bother earning MS Reward Points?
Last edited 11-09-2022 at 06:20 AM by C64 Mat.
I do my best to get the daily points from the various available sources. Also, this post marks 1K in the site forums.
I used to do it quite regularly and faithfully, but it's just so tedious that I haven't bothered in quite a while. If and when I get enough points doing regular searches I'll exchange the points for MS gift cards, but that's it now.
I know it exists but have not bother to really delve into them.
i love it. it's how i been get 3 months free of game pass ultimate.

my stats are 256 days. my main goal there is try to get to 999 days.

on the xbox rewards app im on week 45. im not sure about a goal on this one. yet.
Daily Bing stuff - only when required for a weekly/monthly rewards set

Weekly Rewards Set on xbox app - 178 week streak on my main tag, 86 weeks on my alt. I started 86 weeks ago just doing the weeklies on my alt and a few other things, then cash in the points for a gift card and gift my main tag a bunch of games. So far I've redeemed $100 in cards, about to do another $50 by the end of the year. I turn it into 10 $5 easy games each time.

On my main I just get the $10 monthly recurring gift card and have been saving the rest of the points for something else eventually, probably GPU. Last year I used the points to buy a spiffy blue controller.
Almost 180k reward points saved up. Over 3 year streak. Would have close to 300k points but i cant stop when i see an easy game i cash in n get it
I do them pretty religiously. Beyond the initial dollar to convert my Gold subscription to GPU, I haven't had to pay a penny for GPU in over 3 years now. I keep Edge pinned to my task bar, and I have 30 different searches bookmarked in it. So I can open it, right click the folder, tell it to open all the tabs, and there's my 170 search points for about... 10 seconds or so of effort. And then of course there's the daily and weekly sets, the usual GP points, the 50 points a day for an achievement, it adds up quickly. I did the math at some point and even if someone wants to be cute and try the "but you're spending time so it's not free" argument, when you compare the amount of effort required to the value of MS points, you make between $15 and $24.67 per hour on just the GP quests. It varies based on what you spend the points on in the store. I haven't calculated it with the 50 achievement points, the Bing searches, the daily sets, or the other various odds and ends you can do to pick up points - too much work. But it's worth it no matter how you look at it.
I switched to Edge recently just so I can get the Microsoft Rewards points for the searches, and I try to look on the rewards app when I can, but I don't look at it often. So far though I've amassed over 15,000 points, so that ain't bad for about six months of work!
I'm currently on a 165 week streak.

I'll just leave it at that...
I actually prefer Bing results for the most part, so, it has been my default search. I never check my points balance, every so often, I just realize I have some to cash in. Looks like I have 12,500 right now.
I have over 500 entries into the cyberpunk PC MS rewards sweepstakes right now that ends tomorrow. Shh don't tell anyone else so my chances don't get lowered :P
Haha, I have ONE single entry into that one. Put most of the rest into Gamepass for Life, and exchanged £35 worth of store credit.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account