Found 21 posts - Go to Last Post

Info Needed
I started a streak 4 years ago at April 6th 2020

Since then this site has registered
11-22-2020 — 02-25-2024 1,191
03-24-2021 — 03-08-2024 1.080
04-06-2020 — 03-22-2021 351
04-06-2020 — 11-20-2020 229
cover the same time period. I'm guessing the your break at 11-21-2020 was because of summer/wintertime and I did the achievement the last or first hour of the day here.

How it looks at TA: https://www.trueachievements.com/win...akid=105134362

But anyway, you can see the error, several streaks are doubled here. And I have a bunch of cloned streaks further down the list as well from other time periods.
Last edited 03-07-2024 at 08:20 PM by albajos.

03-24-2021 — 03-08-2024 351
cover the same time period. I'm guessing the your break at 11-21-2020 was because of summer/wintertime and I did the achievement the last or first hour of the day here.

But anyway, you can see the error, several streaks are doubled here. And I have a bunch of cloned streaks further down the list as well from other time periods.
Originally Posted by albajos
Go here: https://www.gamertagnation.com/profi...&class=options

Check your timezone settings. The site is based in the US, and uses one of the US Timezones as a default. Make sure you have updated it to use your local timezone. This will mean the site uses that timezone for calculations for streaks and dates and whatnot.

I BELIEVE it will recalculate the next day or two, but, otherwise, one of the mods (Marv or Balverine) will likely fix you up. But, going forward, the timezone should help keep you straight.
The timezone is correct, the issue is that streaks are cloned, and occasionally stops on one of them but not the other
The timezone is correct, the issue is that streaks are cloned, and occasionally stops on one of them but not the other
What do you mean, "The streaks are cloned?" Cloned from what?

03-24-2021 — 03-08-2024 351

How TA calculates streaks & how GTN will never match up. So the question is what are you asking for so that we are clear? If you are looking for your streaks to match on both GTN & TA that will likely not happen.

I see that you have a streak going here on GTN that is 1,080 days old (Started on 03-24-2021). I also see that there are duplicate streaks (Cloned) with the same dates on your streaks page. Not sure why that is displaying that way for you, Eric would need to look into that for you. Could be a display glitch.

As an additional note, on a day that you have not yet gotten an achievement for the day and you look on GTN in the "Achievement Streaks" in the side rail on your profile, next to the current streak where you see the blue pin there will be a " ! " in a circle. Hover over that icon and it will tell you that your streak will end if you don't unlock an achievement by a certain time. That is your cut off for each day here on GTN.
Well, if you see the dates the current streak is from 11-22-2020 —03-08-2024. That is the dates if you combine the top two. Why the longest streak ended 2 weeks ago, while the other continued on, I have no idea.
How TA calculates streaks & how GTN will never match up. So the question is what are you asking for so that we are clear? If you are looking for your streaks to match on both GTN & TA that will likely not happen.

I see that you have a streak going here on GTN that is 1,080 days old (Started on 03-24-2021). I also see that there are duplicate streaks (Cloned) with the same dates on your streaks page. Not sure why that is displaying that way for you, Eric would need to look into that for you. Could be a display glitch.

As an additional note, on a day that you have not yet gotten an achievement for the day and you look on GTN in the "Achievement Streaks" in the side rail on your profile, next to the current streak where you see the blue pin there will be a " ! " in a circle. Hover over that icon and it will tell you that your streak will end if you don't unlock an achievement by a certain time. That is your cut off for each day here on GTN.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
I think the issue is that there are overlapping streaks that should either be combined or are somehow repeating dates.
I've recalculated albajos's streaks and this seems to have fixed it.
I think the issue is that there are overlapping streaks that should either be combined or are somehow repeating dates.
I've recalculated albajos's streaks and this seems to have fixed it.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Eh, no, the recalculation has removed 3 months from the longest streak. The previous data showed that it should have started 11-22-2020 (on this site)
Looking where the issues occur (in MARCH), I'm pretty sure this is due to the fact that the US changes to "Summer time" 3 weeks before the EU does. This screws with streaks.
Looking where the issues occur (in MARCH), I'm pretty sure this is due to the fact that the US changes to "Summer time" 3 weeks before the EU does. This screws with streaks.
Originally Posted by Nod Nolan
Except, he is set to his own timezone, which GTN uses for streaks, and that includes (OR SHOULD, that would be an Eric question) when DST takes effect.
Status changed from 'Resolved' to 'Info Needed' - I'm going to leave this as "Info Needed" until Eric gets a chance to look into the March issue.
Doing a little quick research, it appears that an achievement you unlocked on 23 March 2021 is missing from the streak: https://www.gamertagnation.com/games...vements&u=4596

Assuming that your time zone settings are "Central European Time", that would put you at 9 hours head of me.

I can see here that you unlocked "The Death Wish of a Shady Man" at 12:51 PM on 22 March 2021 my time, which would put it at 3:51 AM CET.
Your next achievement unlock for the "current" streak was "Discover Remove" at 9:44 AM on 24 March 2021 my time, which would put it at 12:44 AM CET.
It appears that there are 45 hours between the two achievement unlocks, even though Investigator from Murdered Soul Suspect was unlocked at 3:30 PM on 23 March 2021 my time (or 6:30 AM CET).

It is entirely possible that I'm missing something or that I'm doing the math wrong for the time zones, but there should be something that Eric can do.
The Death Wish of a Shady Man I unlocked 22 Mar 20:15

The 23 Mar I unlocked Investigator (also In Murdered) at 23:30.
https://www.gamertagnation.com/achievements.php?a=86360

I'm guessing that as it was that late in the day my time the difference in wintertime put it past midnight in the code as the site lists it as unlocked 00:30 the day after

Of course, the site managed to get it correct at the time, but can't now if you rebuild it.

Maybe you will have more luck after sunday? We will hit the same situation again that day with you having summertime and us having wintertime for 3 weeks (until March 31st)
Last edited 03-10-2024 at 07:26 AM by albajos.
Noticed some "weird stuff" going on with my streaks well.

My actual streak (since 2015) is not currently being tracked as the active one, despite having achievements going in to it up until Sunday (10th March), and instead a little mini one that it's saying started last September is listed as active instead. (Apparently there are a lot of other little mini ones that it's picked up as well, all within the actual long streak).

I'll try and rebuild the streaks once all my achievements are synced up and see if that sorts it out. Definitely haven't missed a day in all that time.

EDIT: All fixed again now I'm in daylight savings time.
Last edited 04-01-2024 at 01:46 AM by Dale Baldwin.
This happens every year.

Basically for three weeks the US is in summer time whereas the EU doesn't change to Summertime until the last weekend of March.
Anyway, I see you have brought back the old list, but the longest one is now on top (as it should be). But now the list is filled with duplicates again
Anyway, I see you have brought back the old list, but the longest one is now on top (as it should be). But now the list is filled with duplicates again
I've refreshed / rebuilt your streaks again, and it appears to have removed the duplicates and kept the current streak correct. I'm going to leave this as "needs information" for now, in case it doesn't stick.
As I said earlier the streak is also broken at 21-11-2020

That day I got
The Calm Before The Storm and Bingo! Dino DNA! at 00:04
and
Objects In The Mirror at 00:54
my time
All three in LEGO Jurassic World (XB1)

On this site the times are 23:04 and 23:54 the day before.

I don't expect it to be fixed. Just saying what has happened.
Im having issues with my achivement streaks as well. It says 25 days on here but thats way off. Im actually at 426 days into my achieve
Hi

I'm having a similar issue. My streak is also overlapping.

START DATE / END DATE TOTAL DAYS ACHIEVEMENTS GAMERSCORE
02-09-2019 — 03-09-2024 1,856 18,582 988,905
06-12-2021 — 03-29-2024 1,020 10,684 654,047

Is there any way to fix it?

Thanks

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account