Microsoft Confirms Xbox One Friends Lists Will Allow Up To 1,000 People

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 30 posts - Go to Last Post

Currently, friends lists on Xbox Live are limited to 100 people. For the Xbox One, that amount will be multiplied significantly to allow up to 1,000 friends.

Confirmation of the expanded friends list comes from the official Xbox Support Twitter account. Xbox fans on Twitter asking about rumors of 1,000 people friends receieved a confirmation that simply stated, "1000 friends is indeed confirmed." This is small feature, but one that many have requested.

Source: Gameinformer
Okay thats cool but isn't 500 enough?
Okay thats cool but isn't 500 enough?
Originally Posted by darthclone2
I don't think it should have a limit on it tbh. I run a clan with 500 members in it now, while I may not add all of them, it would be cool if I were able to group them all under different categories within my gaming community/ clan.
I thought I read somewhere that it would allow unlimited ... I could be wrong though, I don't remember where I read it and now can't find it.
I thought I read somewhere that it would allow unlimited ... I could be wrong though, I don't remember where I read it and now can't find it.
Originally Posted by ikmyer
Nope, it was confirmed during the Microsoft E3 conference that it would be limited to 1,000 friends on the Xbox One.
At least now i wont have to worry about space for my friends and everyone i boost games with.

better be an easy way to sort your friends or its going to hard to find people n that giant list.
At least now i wont have to worry about space for my friends and everyone i boost games with.

better be an easy way to sort your friends or its going to hard to find people n that giant list.
Originally Posted by keoskey
I agree. It would be awesome to be able to create groups and group people based on a custom title.
Meh, since I stopped being in clan (such as Vipers), I've never found my self getting more than 50 friends that I actually play with and want to talk to. Guess I'm just a loner =).
I hate sony since they have 2000 friends limit ill never fill up 1000 friends so what makes you think ill ever EVER fill up 2000 friends.
1000 friends without categories is way too much. I hope there is a sorting system...
1000 friends without categories is way too much. I hope there is a sorting system...
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
Knowing MS youll have to wait for the next dashboard update for that!
Nice, I just laughed hard at that, at work, while my boss looked at me funny.
how will this work when you go back and forth between to the consoles?
Ooh, great question! I wonder if the list will be updated on 360 and W8 devices.
that would have to run some sort of compatibility update I would think.
I thought I read somewhere that the two would communicate with each other, IE, CoD Ghosts will have 360 vs. One servers, and etc... On my phone now, so I doubt I can find that, but wait, I will later.
how will this work when you go back and forth between to the consoles?
Originally Posted by Dark Lord White
That is Mircosoft for you, throw shit out there and remain cryptic.
I wonder how long the 360 will be supported after the launch?

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account