GTA V - Online Freemode Events achievements being Discontinued

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 11 posts - Go to Last Post

At this point you expect xbox 360 games to get discontinued, but Xbox One games & GTA V no less? Yeah, So Grand Theft Auto V's Online Freemode Events achievements are being discontinued. You have until Feb 20th to get these achievements done.
You do realize this feature is 9 years old. And obviously utilized by a very small portion of the community...

Anything beyond 3-5 years old can be expected to be deprecated if it isn't a growing usage feature. 9 years is a truly long run for a feature that seems like people accessed for the achievements, and then went on with their life, and that is a tiny portion of the initial group.
Also, per the official press release, this is purely because Xbox One and PS4 cannot support all the new features while maintaining all the old feature with system capabilities. So, either:

1) Cease support entirely on PS4/XBone players, no new content, no updates, no cross play (if that is a thing) and leave their active online community stagnant to support a feature that isn't used...

2) Drop a tertiary (at best) feature to allow for continued updates and support for online play and active users.

XSS/XSX, PS5, and PC versions of the game will continue to have Rockstar Editor Support.
Also, per the official press release, this is purely because Xbox One and PS4 cannot support all the new features while maintaining all the old feature with system capabilities. So, either:

1) Cease support entirely on PS4/XBone players, no new content, no updates, no cross play (if that is a thing) and leave their active online community stagnant to support a feature that isn't used...

2) Drop a tertiary (at best) feature to allow for continued updates and support for online play and active users.

XSS/XSX, PS5, and PC versions of the game will continue to have Rockstar Editor Support.
Originally Posted by futiles
I get all that...and they are a multi billion dollar company that can't figure out how to keep these achievements available. These are dumb achievements, if they know they will at some point discontinue them then they shouldn't even be in the game. Make the editor for those who want to play with it. I am most likely in the minority, but achievements should never go away and become unobtainable.
I get all that...and they are a multi billion dollar company that can't figure out how to keep these achievements available. These are dumb achievements, if they know they will at some point discontinue them then they shouldn't even be in the game. Make the editor for those who want to play with it. I am most likely in the minority, but achievements should never go away and become unobtainable.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
For the past 18 years that achievements have been a thing, yes, you are 100% in the minority. The overwhelmingly vast majority of gamers don't give more than two shits about achievements. And even those that do are usually limited to a very small portion of games. It isn't that they can't figure out how to keep these achievements available, it is that it makes zero financial sense to them to put any effort at all into keeping them available. Ceasing continued support overall for future content for Gen8 systems (Xbone/PS4) to maintain a feature not used by the majority of their actual paying base is not a good decision. Not for their employees, not for their board, not for their investors, and not for the majority of their customers. And again, you had a decade. Every single person that actually wanted these achievements could have them. This is routinely people who were NEVER going to get the unobtainable achievements feigning mock indignation over a false slight.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Good news! The achievements are still going to be obtainable after the update as seen here
Good news! The achievements are still going to be obtainable after the update as seen here
Originally Posted by Maxemin222
Looks like they put the effort in to make sure these don't get discontinued. Nice. I'm still going to do it, because it's short. They could easily change these in the new mode to take more time than it does currently.
There you go, it's the effort. Glad that Rockstar is putting in the effort and creating a workaround for the achievements.
Hate to hear the news when an achivment is discontinued.
Hate to hear the news when an achivment is discontinued.
Originally Posted by hello8964
Rockstar made a work around, so you can still get the achievements.
That is good to hear. I still remember being upset I never got the Nba live 07 online achivment.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account