Sunset Overdrive Free for Xbox Live Gold Members this Saturday

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 5 posts - Go to Last Post

To celebrate the first year anniversary of the Xbox One launch, Microsoft and Insomniac Games teamed up to provide this awesome birthday party for all Xbox Live members on Sunset Overdrive.

The downside is, the party starts on November 22nd at 12.01 Eastern Time and ends November 23rd at 12.01 Eastern Time. That’s just 24 hours to celebrate and then you can no longer play Sunset Overdrive free, unless you purchase the game that is. If you purchased it, then you can play now and whenever you want. But for those who haven’t bought the game and just want a taste of it, you can play it for free, without purchasing it, tomorrow.

You will be able to earn achievements and be able to save how far you progress during this celebration. If you decide to purchase the game at a later point, you will be able to start right back where you left off at.

Sunset Overdrive’s 8-player cooperative multiplayer experience, Chaos Squad, will also be available for everyone tomorrow. Please note: Chaos Squad must be unlocked by playing a certain amount into the campaign.

After the weekend, the Insomniac Games All-Star team will showcase several new weapons that will be available soon. Tune into the Xbox Twitch channel on Monday, Nov. 24 at 10 a.m. Pacific Time to see what’s on the way.
I may just have to check this out since it's free. Thanks!
I was looking forward to this game since it was announced along with the Xbox One. I have to say I am glad I didn't buy it though. It is nothing like what I was expecting. The game forces you to be constantly moving on rails and wires and bouncing.

I found it extremely difficult to actually get things done, I was missing grinds, missing enemies because I was sliding around the screen too fast. I also tried the "chaos mode" multiplayer, and I guess if you are into ridiculously hectic gameplay with no real consequences for dying you could enjoy this, but this game is certainly not my cup of tea.
Damnit I missed it.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
If you still plan on getting it, get it now while its 15% off - https://twitter.com/majornelson/stat...84160814751744

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account