What is the worst game you have played

Gaming Chat

Found 26 posts - Go to Last Post

So I was playing Ben-Hur and quickly saw how horrible this game is, yes it's a FREE game but come on put a little time in your work.
This got me thinking of what are some other bad games. It could be crashes, horrible story, amazingly stupid AI or amazingly horrible gameplay mechanics. I thought it would be good to see what other had as bad all-time or recent games, it could help some people avoid these disastrous titles.
1. Fragments of Him
2. Brothers: A Tale of Two Bullies
3. White Night
4. Beyond Eyes
5. Pimp My Ride

These are the top five, without a doubt worst games I have played. Not so much for poor game design (except PMR) or glitches, but for purely awful storylines and terrible gameplay.
ET on the Atari 2600
Originally Posted by FAR QZ
Ha hit us with the way back, but man are you right on that, sad thing I actually still have that game.
Forza Horizon presents Fast & Furious on the 360. The lag on that game was awful. I also had to race the final two races in a completely white screen. Only thing that was visible was my car. To this day I still don't know how I managed to win those races.
I'll stick with Xbox 360 and say: King Kong. I've never hated playing a game as much as playing that one, and that wasn't because of anything difficulty related. Hell I could even excuse the graphics as it was a PS2 title. It was just the game mechanics that were so annoying.

I'll throw Megamind in there as well just because some of the stages and jumping caused me to want to throw a controller. How can a kids game be so unforgiving ?
Frontlines: Fuels of War was a way over hyped steaming pile of shat.
ET on the Atari 2600
Originally Posted by FAR QZ
This one, easily.
There are so many horrible titles we have all played in our efforts for Gamerscore... my least favorite? Crap. I can't lay it down... wait for edit.
My worst game ever would have to be the one I created on RPG maker 2000 on my p.c.

The story lines me was terrible, every screen was made that you would have a 99% chance of dying.

Everyone I got to play it quit quickly.
I'll stick with Xbox 360 and say: King Kong. I've never hated playing a game as much as playing that one, and that wasn't because of anything difficulty related. Hell I could even excuse the graphics as it was a PS2 title. It was just the game mechanics that were so annoying.

I'll throw Megamind in there as well just because some of the stages and jumping caused me to want to throw a controller. How can a kids game be so unforgiving ?
Originally Posted by Kysol
I feel your pain with King Kong.. I think I had to play it twice for some reason...also I didn't realize you could use cheats until about half way thru my second play through.

As for kid games and not being very forgiving....obviously you haven't had the pleasure of experiencing Banjo-Kazooie.....grrrr

@diesel you can't use Avatar unless you truly played that game and not just for the 2 minutes it takes to get all the Gamerscore...

You want truly horrible voice acting.... Raven Squad... It's soooo bad....so,so bad.
Games I've actually played on the 360 and completed.

pimp my ride
lost: via domus
jumper
NBA ballers chosen one
terminator salvation
bee movie game (I never completed this due to some glitch)
high school musical: senior year dance
shellshock 2 blood trails
hulk hogan main event (kinect game)
Michael Phelps push the limit (kinect game)
dream track nation (WP)

All time worse game would have to go to ET on the atari 2600. While the game truly was terrible I think the lead up to release and all the hype they created really added to the disappointment.
Honorable mention to Pac-Man on the atari 2600 too. IT was nothing like the arcade version and impossible to control with the atari 2600 joystick.

I would also add Doom III for the PC mainly due to the game play. Couldn't hold a flashlight and a weapon at the same time, yet at least half of the game is played in the dark. I do believe a mod was created to rectify this though.
For me, it was Secret Service for the Xbox 360. Up to now I still don't know why I bought and played it, I probably would have enjoyed it more as a beer coaster.
i would have to say the pc game guilty from the early 90s. the controls were so bad on that 1
ET ranks up there for me, but there was also a "Raiders Of The Lost Ark" game for the Atari 2600 that was just as bad.
I feel your pain with King Kong.. I think I had to play it twice for some reason...also I didn't realize you could use cheats until about half way thru my second play through.

As for kid games and not being very forgiving....obviously you haven't had the pleasure of experiencing Banjo-Kazooie.....grrrr

@diesel you can't use Avatar unless you truly played that game and not just for the 2 minutes it takes to get all the Gamerscore...

You want truly horrible voice acting.... Raven Squad... It's soooo bad....so,so bad.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Actually I completed Banjo Kazooie 100% on the 64. I do remember some parts be frustrating. Havent finished it on 360, there isnt a 100% achievement for that one right?
Dark on the 360 was pretty terrible. Not in the Deadly Premonition kind of way. It was a competent game but its one of those titles where you can just feel the lack of effort put in. Half-baked storytelling and boring stealth combat.

I'll be honest, I pretty much just played it for the achievements.
Games I've actually played on the 360 and completed.

pimp my ride
lost: via domus
jumper
NBA ballers chosen one
terminator salvation
bee movie game (I never completed this due to some glitch)
high school musical: senior year dance
shellshock 2 blood trails
hulk hogan main event (kinect game)
Michael Phelps push the limit (kinect game)
dream track nation (WP)

All time worse game would have to go to ET on the atari 2600. While the game truly was terrible I think the lead up to release and all the hype they created really added to the disappointment.
Honorable mention to Pac-Man on the atari 2600 too. IT was nothing like the arcade version and impossible to control with the atari 2600 joystick.

I would also add Doom III for the PC mainly due to the game play. Couldn't hold a flashlight and a weapon at the same time, yet at least half of the game is played in the dark. I do believe a mod was created to rectify this though.
Originally Posted by MrGompers
Yeah! Someone mentioned NBA Ballers. I played through that 3 times over. 8(

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account