Thoughts on Redfall

Gaming Chat

Found 6 posts - Go to Last Post

Thoughts on Redfall?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 1 (2.78%) Arkane has forsaken us! A pox on their house!

× 6 (16.67%) lol. lmao, even.

× 4 (11.11%) idk what the fuss is about, I’m enjoying it

× 1 (2.78%) underwhelmed

× 3 (8.33%) regular whelmed

× 13 (36.11%) Haven’t played it

× 8 (22.22%) Just here for the POLL

• Added 05-11-2023 04:05 PM
  • 36 votes
After much fanfare and promotion, Redfall has released. Now that the dust has settled, what’s your thoughts?

(Made it a poll because everyone likes polls)
I'm nearing the end of the first act, and I am loving it. It's exactly what I expected from an Arkane game. To me, it's like Dishonored with guns instead of magical powers and vampires as enemies. I have hit a few bugs but they have all been mostly cosmetic. So, it might ruin the immersion a bit, but nothing game changing really. The only one that even impacted game play at all was an enemy sort of sliding in place and he wasn't engaging me - which worked out in my benefit. :-D lol Other than that, just notifications popping over other notifications, some issues with shadowing, textures clipping in, etc. I had one load where the same NPC loaded twice in 2 different positions at the same location - that was funny.

Overall, I think it is a really fun game that just needs a little polish.
It's a disappointment to gaming industry. 70 dollar retail game that was hyped up by Microsoft, youtubers, ect. I for 1 never fell for it because it looked bland and boring from the start. The trailers all seemed generic and bland. I never understood the hype but figured I was missing something so I would wait to see. by the time they announced 30FPS on console, I realized the devs were incompotent and uninstalled my pre install on both my PC and xbox. Then I found out that the co op features did not allow progress to save to all members in the game. Only the host. How can a co op game not save progress for all members in the game? Complete failure and arkane/ms deserve all the backlash. They should of canceled the game and ate the costs.
@Snappleback

I hadn’t heard the bit about the co-op saving issue. That’s pretty ridiculous. Borderlands managed to get that right in 2009, there’s no reason that should be an issue in an ostensibly AAA release in 2023.
I have zero issues with the game. its a fun dabble in a vampire world.

The vocal criticism at launch is very reminiscent of Sea of Thieves launch.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account