early adopter 2 badge not unlocking

Issues & Bug Reports

Found 7 posts - Go to Last Post

Resolved
it seems like i should have this badge since i got the series x every game i have played has the xbox series x/s banner on it with the games i have played being guacamelee 2, dishonored 2, mlb the show 21, and human fall flat. if its not the banner on top of every game page that qualifies as a series x/s game then what is the critera for it
I think that this badge requires a game that is exclusive to the Series S/X rather than one you can play via backwards compatibility.
The date this badge unlocked for me coincides with MLB the Show which is NOT on the sites Series S/X only list. However i played two series X games prior to it's unlock on 4/21 for me. Then there's the issue that the only game i have played of the 28 on the Series S/x only list is NBA 2K21 but i didn't play that for until 5/6
it seems like i should have this badge since i got the series x every game i have played has the xbox series x/s banner on it with the games i have played being guacamelee 2, dishonored 2, mlb the show 21, and human fall flat. if its not the banner on top of every game page that qualifies as a series x/s game then what is the critera for it
Originally Posted by DXU
This badge is based on whether or not you've unlocked an achievement for any of the following games which are marked as Xbox Series X|S exclusive titles: https://www.gamertagnation.com/games...&platformid=17

Based on your game history I do not see any games matching that criteria.
ok so im seeing gtn doesnt have mlb the show listed as a series x/s game but based on my attached pictures everywhere microsoft says it is from the games tile to the achievement list so i think my point is still valid and i should have the badge
File Type: jpg
File Type: jpg
I see what you're saying and indeed there are two separate Microsoft Store listings for MLB The Show accounting for the two different platforms, but these share the same achievement list. This causes the issue you outlined above. We don't have any way to tell a difference between the two platforms for that particular game, along with other games that were released on Xbox One and later optimized for Series X|S. This is also the case with other sites that do the same thing we do here (*cough* TA *cough*).

For example, I don't currently own a Xbox Series X|S and I'm able to play the game and have it tracked here so therefore I shouldn't be eligible for the Early Adopter II badge since I don't have the new console.

There are other games like NBA 2K21 and Madden 2021 that have separate achievement lists for each platform, but for some reason MLB The Show doesn't follow that rule and causes the confusion there.

As for games that are Optimized for Series X|S - those will continue to be tracked as Xbox One games assuming they were originally released on that platform. This is the same paradigm as backward compatible games for Xbox 360. That means if you physically played a backwards compatible Xbox 360 game on Xbox One, then it will be tracked as an Xbox 360 game since we have no way of knowing where you played that game from. And in some cases, you could have played it on both platforms at some point which would cause additional confusion in everyone's totals.
I played nba 2k21 on xcloud i think and i got the badge, so maybe you can try that Smile

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account