Found 13 posts - Go to Last Post

PC im looking at buying...

im looking at buying this pc from novatech uk these are the specs what do you guys think?

im looking at playing dayz skyrim wow LoL etc ive checked the specs needed for these games using game debate and I can run all of the on ultra settings without a hitch. just want to know if there is anything better that what im looking at for a better price, it comes to £910 with windows 8 and £1080 with all the accessories like monitor keyboard and mouse etc..

heres the specs:

Intel Core I5 4670K Processor
Cache :
6MB
Clockspeed :
3.4GHz
Manufacturer :
intel
Supports Virtualisation :
Yes
No. of Cores :

Memory
Description :
2 X 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Memory
Speed :
1600Mhz

Harddrive
Description :
2TB SATA Hard Drive
Description :
128GB Solid State Hard Drive
Interface :
Sata 6Gb/s
Interface :
SATA
Technology :
SSD

Case
Description :
Novatech ATX Gaming Case
Colour :
Black
Dimensions :
200 (W) x 440 (D) x 430 (H) mm

Optical Drives
Description :
22x DVD Writer
Interface :
SATA

Graphics
Description :
NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB Graphics Card

Power Supply
Description :
Novatech PowerStation 600W Power Supply
Wattage / Rating :
600W

Motherboard
Description :
Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 Motherboard
Form Factor :
ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 22.5cm
CPU Support :
Support for Intel Core i7 processors/Intel Core i5 processors/Intel Core i3 processors/Intel Pentium processors/Intel Celeron processors in the LGA1150 package
Chipset :
Intel® Z87 Express Chipset
LAN :
Realtek GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
RAID :
Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
Memory Slots :
4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets
Max Memory Capacity :
up to 32 GB of system memory
I would personally avoid prebuilt and simply assemble one yourself or with someone you know. It's cheaper, and you have control over the brands, which can be important.
Having said that, your specs are fine, though I would spring for a better card if at all possible. If you want to stick with Nvidia, the 760 is probably the next closest option.
I had thought about assembling my own pc but I have like no experience in assembling a PC, can't imagine it being too difficult but id rather not take any risk in getting the wrong pieces or assembling it wrong, plus I dont really want to spend time waiting for individual pieces to arrive..
I can always just upgrade the graphics card, I was looking at overclockers too, they have more customizable options but more expensive..
There was a time when assembling yourself invited huge savings, but with the current PC market as it is, with razor thin margins, buying a computer pre-built is just as good... depending on where you buy from.

Is there a site in particular you are looking to purchase from? That can be just as important as what is inside the box.
Yh its novatech uk just enter in Google you should see the orcs I entered in the Gaming pc categeory
If you have options, you can honestly ditch the DVD drive altogether, and maybe step up to an i7. (I got a Surface Pro last year, then one for the wife, then got myself a new laptop, no optical drives on any of them, and honestly, I have not noticed.)

Otherwise, a very nice machine that you should enjoy gaming on.
orcs?? wtf stupid phone i meant specs lol
i chose novatech coz it was recomended to me by a friend who uses them and has had no problems and ive seen his pc and its pretty sweet aswell as being an older version of this one.
Cool. I would also take Futiles advice. Unless you have physical media games already in your catalog that you will want to play I would drop the drive.

And the i7 bump does also provide a significant increase, as the onboard graphics with the i7 can even handle it's own, and supplement your dedicated card.

Is the operating system included or are you looking at SteamOS? (For the record I would currently advise against SteamOS)
I am actually a big fan of Windows 8. I have completely switched to it on all but one machine. (I have a Ubuntu laptop for messing around with that.)

But, I could understand wanting to stay Windows 7 on a dedicated gaming machine.
I personally like Windows 8 as well, but my two main computers in my house now are a Surface Pro my wife uses, and a Surface Pro 2 I use for work. I think with Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 I would only recommend with a touch screen device (Don't even get me started on virtualized Windows Server 2008/2012).

The next update should fix things further, and you can 'mod' Windows 8.1 to have easier navigation, so it really comes down to preference.
I personally like Windows 8 as well, but my two main computers in my house now are a Surface Pro my wife uses, and a Surface Pro 2 I use for work. I think with Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 I would only recommend with a touch screen device (Don't even get me started on virtualized Windows Server 2008/2012).

The next update should fix things further, and you can 'mod' Windows 8.1 to have easier navigation, so it really comes down to preference.
Originally Posted by palmettobling
Right now I am on Win8 with no touch screen. I do not understand the "easier navigation" people want. I don't have any issue at all navigating it.
Are there actually any benefits to 8.1 or is It just generally the layout which I personally hate, it looks like it should be on your phone!
Id prefer windows 7 but if im going to be restricted to what I can play I suppose id go with 8.1
Are there actually any benefits to 8.1 or is It just generally the layout which I personally hate, it looks like it should be on your phone!
Id prefer windows 7 but if im going to be restricted to what I can play I suppose id go with 8.1
Originally Posted by xXChaoticMothXx
If you don't like the layout (which I assume you mean the Metro interface), then boot to desktop mode. That has been an option for about a year now. That is what I do only my laptop, as everything I do on it is usually MS Office, Adobe, Video Capture (basically, all legacy x86 architecture software). But, Win8 outperforms Win7. It boots faster, shuts down faster, loads in and out software faster.

Benchmark testing between the same equipment on 64bit Win7 vs 64bit Win8, Win8 out performs.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account