Assassin’s Creed Unity Is Targetting 1080p/60fps On PS4 And Xbox One

Assassin's Creed Unity

Found 11 posts - Go to Last Post

GamingBolt caught up with Bruno St. Andre who is the level designer of Assassin’s Creed Unity. Although at first, Bruno was not sure what the resolution and frame rate targets were, but he eventually revealed to GamingBolt that they are indeed targeting 1080p resolution and 60fps for both consoles. It will be interesting to see whether they will be able to deliver on this promise as the game only has a few months remaining before its October launch. Last year’s Assassin’s Creed Black Flag managed to reach 1080p on the PlayStation 4 via a patch and was sub 1080p on the Xbox One. So may be the latest SDK update will help matters for the Xbox One version.

Source: http://gamingbolt.com/assassins-cree...L5X9cmMA1dW.99

Great News
These consoles need to get better, I actually want something to hit the 240hz on my TV without input lag and tricks.
These consoles need to get better, I actually want something to hit the 240hz on my TV without input lag and tricks.
Originally Posted by Cormyre
The problem is that there is no broadcast/transmission standard that is 240Hz, and your TV is not really designed for 240Hz coming in. Even 3DTV is based around 120Hz (double your standard 60Hz, so you get 60Hz for each eye).

Your TV displaying 240Hz is doing an interpolation to make those extra refreshes out of the existing/source frames. So, the TV sees 60 frames per seconds (or 60Hz), and draws 3 interstitial frames between each source frame based on an algorithm of what the start frame looks like and what the end frame looks like, and creates in-between frames.

So, even if you HAD a 240Hz source, your TV might not even recognize it. Much like many 1st gen 1080p sets displayed 1080p, but could not actually accept 1080p, or could only do it from HDMI, and not component and /or VGA.

(Fun Fact, standard isn't really 60Hz either. NTSC/ATSC standard is based on 59.94Hz)
The problem is that there is no broadcast/transmission standard that is 240Hz, and your TV is not really designed for 240Hz coming in. Even 3DTV is based around 120Hz (double your standard 60Hz, so you get 60Hz for each eye).

Your TV displaying 240Hz is doing an interpolation to make those extra refreshes out of the existing/source frames. So, the TV sees 60 frames per seconds (or 60Hz), and draws 3 interstitial frames between each source frame based on an algorithm of what the start frame looks like and what the end frame looks like, and creates in-between frames.

So, even if you HAD a 240Hz source, your TV might not even recognize it. Much like many 1st gen 1080p sets displayed 1080p, but could not actually accept 1080p, or could only do it from HDMI, and not component and /or VGA.

(Fun Fact, standard isn't really 60Hz either. NTSC/ATSC standard is based on 59.94Hz)
Originally Posted by futiles
Yeah yeah lol think we've been over this before, I'm still salty as a mcdonalds fry that I can't get The Hobbit in true HFR
Yeah yeah lol think we've been over this before, I'm still salty as a mcdonalds fry that I can't get The Hobbit in true HFR
Originally Posted by Cormyre
No, you can.

You need an:

Commercial-grade Digital Projector, capable of 3D/48FPS
Capable screen
Copy of Hobbit HFR Edition for chosen projection systems

And there you go.
Forgive me, because like most people, I really don't understand all the technicalities of the technology; while they said they were "targeting" the frame rate, etc. (didn't say promised, but were targeting), wouldn't it be easier for them to work towards that since they are only releasing it on the newer consoles rather than trying to make it work on both generations?
No, you can.

You need an:

Commercial-grade Digital Projector, capable of 3D/48FPS
Capable screen
Copy of Hobbit HFR Edition for chosen projection systems

And there you go.
Originally Posted by futiles
yeah.... kind of not worth it, no matter how beautiful... and no matter how my new TV can't replicate it fully Frown
Forgive me, because like most people, I really don't understand all the technicalities of the technology; while they said they were "targeting" the frame rate, etc. (didn't say promised, but were targeting), wouldn't it be easier for them to work towards that since they are only releasing it on the newer consoles rather than trying to make it work on both generations?
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Different platforms have different needs. So, they are trying to be at 60fps on both, maybe it happens, maybe it doesn't.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
You would think, but the newer processor and memory just allow them to put in a bunch of new toys and effects that end up impacting performance again (I mean, the game looked GORGEOUS). If they were just using the same graphics and everything from the last generation on the new consoles 60FPS wouldn't be a problem at all.

Framerates tick me off.... wife has a beefy PC with 120Hz monitors.... was playing Bioshock Infinite at max settings at 120FPS... -_- while I was playing it on the 360 at like... 30... ARGH.
Update

Ubisoft defends Assassin's Creed: Unity graphics lock for parity on PS4, Xbox One

Ubisoft has told Eurogamer that Assassin's Creed Unity's final technical specifications for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One are actually still to be locked down.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...n-ps4-xbox-one

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account