Buy Edge shaving gel, unlock Assassin's Creed Unity exclusive in-game DLC

Assassin's Creed Unity

Found 31 posts - Go to Last Post

"Grab these limited edition Edge Shave Gel cans featuring Assassin's Creed Unity and unlock exclusive in-game DLC. Get Your Edge"

facebook.com/EdgeShaveGel
Wow, I hope they have these in some kind of wrapping or package, because I can just see people walking in and taking pictures of the codes and making them useless. Maybe it will be a blanket code?
This is getting a little ridiculous. I understand Mountain Dew and Doritos because they're archetype gaming food, but shaving gel..?!
I'm fine with the shaving gel, who cares. Same target audience, it doesn't have to be something tied to gaming or gaming activity. How about this - I REALLY need to shave after a few days of gaming!
I'm fine with the shaving gel, who cares. Same target audience, it doesn't have to be something tied to gaming or gaming activity. How about this - I REALLY need to shave after a few days of gaming!
Originally Posted by Kaens
They're just milking a cow at this point is all.
They're just milking a cow at this point is all.
Originally Posted by Langhostio
I'm not being combative, I just don't understand why you care. I mean I personally use Barbasol from the Dollar Store, so I won't be getting this. But if someone chooses to buy this because they want the hood, so what? Is your objection because you want the hood and you don't want to buy the shaving cream? I get why someone would laugh at the places cross promotions show up, I just don't know why it would bother anyone.
I would be less surprised if AC4 and AC3 had not done Edge Shave Gel promos...
they needed to do something to combat the no shave November movement! lol
Just a quick note to let those interested know how to get these DLC items and that there are a couple of issues with this promotion.
  • First, you should be able to redeem the code here:
    https://acu-redeemcode.ubi.com/edge/default
  • For those less scrupulous people, you don't actually purchase the shaving cream. To get the Xbox 5X5 code, you only need to enter the UPC found under the barcode, like in this example:

• You must have a uPlay account I order to redeem a UPC for a download code. However, you only seem to be able to get one download code per uPlay account. Not one per item; one download total out of three possible. If you want to get all three items, you'll need to create two dummy uPlay accounts. If you want to get codes for PS4 and/or PC as well, you'll need to create even more dummy uPlay accounts.
  • The UPC codes seem to be off a bit. The orange can (Sensitive Skin with Aloe) displays the Spanish Hilt Rapier, but entering this UPC actually gets you a code for the Prussian Waistcoat. The purple can (Extra Moisturizing with Vitamin E) displays the Prussian Waistcoat, but entering this UPC actually gets you a code for the Leipzig Regiment Hood. And the grey can (Extra Sensitive with Colloidal Oatmeal) displays the Leipzig Regiment Hood, but the UPC actually gets you the code for Spanish Hill Rapier.
Originally Posted by QuiCkz Ninja
[*]You must have a uPlay account I order to redeem a UPC for a download code. However, you only seem to be able to get one download code per uPlay account. Not one per item; one download total out of three possible. If you want to get all three items, you'll need to create two dummy uPlay accounts. If you want to get codes for PS4 and/or PC as well, you'll need to create even more dummy uPlay accounts.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine

Are these out then? How did you confirm the codes to pics were wrong? I thought that Ubi did away with Uplay and shut down all servers/dlc/rewards to it?
No, they stopped the uPlay code feature to unlock multiplayer.
But I don't shave :'( I haven't shave in like a year and a half
This is getting a little ridiculous. I understand Mountain Dew and Doritos because they're archetype gaming food, but shaving gel..?!
Originally Posted by Langhostio
Its actually a clever way of advertising by putting the ad directly in your hand. We all shave. They're just testing new methods of advertising.
Are these out then? How did you confirm the codes to pics were wrong? I thought that Ubi did away with Uplay and shut down all servers/dlc/rewards to it?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
They are out inasmuch as you can get the codes and redeem them on Xbox.com or your console. When you redeem the 5X5 code (the 25 character Xbox code) it tells you what you are downloading before you confirm that you indeed want to download that item. The items have not yet downloaded to my console, but I expect that they will in just a couple of days once the game is out.
They are out inasmuch as you can get the codes and redeem them on Xbox.com or your console. When you redeem the 5X5 code (the 25 character Xbox code) it tells you what you are downloading before you confirm that you indeed want to download that item. The items have not yet downloaded to my console, but I expect that they will in just a couple of days once the game is out.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Any update on this?
Once I installed my game, all of the DLC that I redeemed for preorders, received for this promotion, etc, automatically downloaded.
Let's just not go there.. If you're looking for your post...
But I don't shave :'( I haven't shave in like a year and a half
Originally Posted by Canadian8tor
I'm in the same boat. I haven't shaved in over ten years! Besides this is supposed to be Movemeber, when men don't shave at all in order to bring attention to men's health issues.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movember
Typical...items that we in Sweden can't get, same as with the mountain dew and shick promos.... :-(

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account