How much of the show should I watch first?

Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series

Found 6 posts - Go to Last Post

I'm finishing up season 3 tonight. Will I get more out of the game if I wait to play it until after I've finished season 4?
I played all the games before I marathon-ed all 4.5 seasons. They are unrelated and you can play games whenever you like.
I assumed this game was like the Walking Dead games: More connected to the literature than the video, but, not really connected at all.
Without getting into specifics that could spoil things for people episode 1 of the game takes place at the same time as season 3 episode 9 of the show and episode 3 of the game takes place at the same time as season 4 episode 2. Beyond that most of what you play through is unrelated thus far.
I assumed this game was like the Walking Dead games: More connected to the literature than the video, but, not really connected at all.
Originally Posted by futiles
Oops I read it as Walking Dead. futiles is right, this game is about House Forester which my understanding is only barely even mentioned in the books or the tv show.
There is a key event in King's Landing in season 4 that will be partially spoiled for you if you play the episodes now.

It's not directly shown in-game, but if you want to stay spoiler free, I'd watch season 4 of the show first, if you've not read the books.

The aftermath of that event will likely come up in episode 4 of the game too.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account