× 21 (58.33%) AC / DC

× 1 (2.78%) Big & Rich

× 1 (2.78%) Steve'n'Seagulls

× 2 (5.56%) I like them about the same

× 1 (2.78%) I dislike them about the same

× 10 (27.78%) Thanks for the free poll; keep 'em comin'

• Added 07-30-2016 01:21 AM
  • 36 votes
It's that time again (I'd have done this sooner, but I've changed jobs recently and have been working nights; and I've been working 12+ hour shifts, to boot!). I don't think that the genre difference here could get much wider and I was a bit surprised by the 3rd entry (mostly entered here as a bonus Wink )

You Shook Me All Night Long

AC/DC

Big & Rich

Steve'n'Seagulls
I had to go for AC/DC.
Wow good find in Steven'n'Seagulls it sounded surprisingly more country than Big & Rich.
Big & Rich tends to do a blend of Country with other styles. In most cases, it comes off really well, in my opinion. While I do like their take on the song, I don't love it. I'd randomly found a Steve'n'Seagulls song on youtube some time ago and was pleased to see that they'd done this one, too.
This is like a MMA fight where you have the classic striker v. The classic wrestler.. Both good in their own rights so you'll have a divided fan base, but original songs done by anyone are just hard to beat and you throw in a titan like AC/DC its almost not a fair fight. I'm taking AC/DC by a mile here. Though I'm a little biased The Big Country version translated surprisingly well though.
AC/DC by a landslide Smile. The other versions are ok, but are no match for the original.
AC/DC by a landslide Smile. The other versions are ok, but are no match for the original.
Originally Posted by EddieM1974
One hundred percent agreed.
The best AC/DC covers in the world are done by WING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqa-HYihaZo

Someone told me this was from South Park, but I've never seen the episode(s)
Last edited 07-31-2016 at 02:42 AM by MrGompers.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account