Gamerscore Alliance

General Chat

Honestly, it's the change. I actually won't even pay attention to a % increase thing. I mean, it's a hell of a change to go from random to made teams, but one people actually asked for in the thread. To go from a straight forward score increase to a percentage increase without any real reason is hugely different. He can track me, or whatever, but, yeah. I am teamed with Buck and Hotdog, both are in or around the 500Ks? So, it would take 5000 to make a 1% increase for either of them. Yeah, no interest in that at all.
Originally Posted by futiles
Ditto this. Our team's combined GS is 1.2-1.3 million, meaning a 1% increase is 12-13000 points. Redmption's team has it worse. There is no way to have a % increase and make it a level competition. Straight points is the only way to make it reasonably competitive.

I'm sure someone will argue "but I have already played all the easy games and random COD player hasn't, so that's not fair". That person would be a fool, as it has been proved time and again in competitions at 360v, TA, and GTN that having a high GS is not a handicap at all.

You've got a week left to get the rules straightened out. They really should have been posted before signups began to avoid any alterations or misunderstandings. First events are always the hardest for the person trying to do them, so you get a pass there. If this changes back to the way it was, we'll be here, otherwise don't bother tracking us.

edit: Rereading the thread, several times diesel says it it gamerscore increase, not % increase. I'd like to think that the original post is erroneous and that he will be along to fix it soon.
Last edited 07-25-2016 at 04:01 AM by Hotdogmcgee.
Hi guys. I started this with the hopes of doing something community based and it looks like throughout this thread I have changed things. But yes we went from % to gamerscore to % to whatever else and pardon my french but i've turned it into a clusterfuck so let's start again here and get the rules in place. After reading comments % is deffo unfair so we'll do pure gamerscore.

1. Teams will consists of 3 people. If you aren't in a self made team you will be put in a random team

2. The competition runs from 1st August to 31st October and will count pure GAMERSCORE increase

3. Each week I will post updates to see how everyone is doing and how every team is getting on

4. No games are excluded! If it records on xbox.com/GTN it's all legal

I think they are basic rules we need. Is everyone happy with pure gamerscore do everyone has level playing field.
Okay, based on the rules change I'll go ahead and throw myself up for participation. I haven't scored in over 2 months and will use this for motivation to go ahead and finish up that push to 600k. So if anyone wants me on their team, I will commit to around 8k for the month. Otherwise I will wait to be assigned a team.
I would like to join Gamescore Alliance. You can assign me to a random team if you want.
Awesome job clarifying the rules and setting up this way. While yes it got confusing I admire your clear and concise post diesel. Hopefully this comp will bring the community together and we all have a little fun doing it.
@Kaens & @QuiCkz Ninja: Nice to have you on boardSmile

@Mephisto4thewin apologies for the confusion Smile
Whatever, guess I'll join as well. So long as I'm not randomized with someone on my block list, and vice versa.
Whatever, guess I'll join as well. So long as I'm not randomized with someone on my block list, and vice versa.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
I don't know who's on your list but if you want PM me the name of those and I'll avoid you from them were possible Smile
I don't know who's on your list but if you want PM me the name of those and I'll avoid you from them were possible Smile
Originally Posted by dieselv2
We can cross this bridge when we get there. Talking about your BL is frowned upon, and we can discuss in private if the need arises.
We can cross this bridge when we get there. Talking about your BL is frowned upon, and we can discuss in private if the need arises.
Okie dokie....But you could always recruit two more yourself Smile
Thank you for the clarification. We're back in.
You could get LibrarianBeth and CKinAL on your team, and call yourself "Two Girls One Asshat."
Sweet I'm glad my game a day doesn't hurt my team. Its a dirty habit but I just can't stop myself doing it.
You could get LibrarianBeth and CKinAL on your team, and call yourself "Two Girls One Asshat."
hahaha physically laughed out loud
honestly, if there's not enough to make a team of three, I won't be upset.
honestly, if there's not enough to make a team of three, I won't be upset.
Well, if you could actually get Beth and CK to play, you might have a chance at winning. Is their combined Gamerscore 50K? 100K?
We have 29 people so far signed up which means a lot of work for me. Futiles if this has a second outing I might look at your api thingy ma-jig (technical term), At the minutes I have a spreadsheet filled top to bottom with formula haha.

But...To anyone reading this. All you have to do is sign up and then play on your Xbox 360 or Xbox One, it's that simple!
But...To anyone reading this. All you have to do is sign up and then play on your Xbox 360 or Xbox One, it's that simple!
Originally Posted by dieselv2
I am hoping all other platforms (windows, windows phone,...) count too? As long as it has achievements, it counts, right?

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account