Hello! And questions!

Introductions

Found 16 posts - Go to Last Post

Hi all, I signed up here a couple of days ago after B8tingU mentioned the place during a thrill-an-hour Red Faction session and have enjoyed purring over all the shiny new badges I've been given like some sort of highly evolved magpie. That purrs. Anyway, there isn't really much interesting to say about myself, but I do have a couple of questions that I'm not sure where the appropriate place to ask them is, so I may as well throw them out here...

Firstly, if I click on the site completion leaderboard it says I am number 1 (woohoo!) with a 106.025% completion rate (what?!) - so is that some sort of bug, or am I misunderstanding what the stat actually is? Do screwy things happen to new profiles before they are fully scanned? Please enlighten me so I know whether I can bask in glory or whether I am a fraud!

Secondly, one of my badges is for being the first person on the site to complete a game... is there a simple way for me to find out which game that is/was, or do I have to dig through my gamertag checking games individually until I find the answer?

Cheers in advance... and if you're wondering, my tag is supposed to be read as TheAlbinoKid (which some other b*stard owns already)... I'll readily admit I got a big trigger-happy when it came to adding numbers. If it hurts your sensibilities, be soothed by the knowledge that it is absolute murder to type on an iPhone keyboard so I am still suffering for it to this day.
Hi and welcome! B8 is a good buddy of mine, so his referral is well-supported. As for your questions -

1) it takes a few days for everything to sync up correctly, so enjoy your leadership whilst it lasts - it will be gone once all your stats are loaded.

2) In your games page from your dashboard there is a filter that allows you to select first to play a game. Over to the right is your completed games tab. Click on that and go into filters - there is an oprion that shows first to complete. I took a gander and did not see anything in there. Once again, wait for all stats to sync. This operation can also be done in the achievements section.

3) Your name is your unique blessing and curse Big Grin

Welcome, have fun, and we'll see around!
Welcome to GTN! I wondered the same thing about first to complete badge. i stopped making 1337 names for that very reason of on screen keyboards.
It's great to have a new member to the community.
2) In your games page from your dashboard there is a filter that allows you to select first to play a game. Over to the right is your completed games tab. Click on that and go into filters - there is an oprion that shows first to complete. I took a gander and did not see anything in there. Once again, wait for all stats to sync. This operation can also be done in the achievements section.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
Thanks for the tips, still getting the hang of the interface on here... I also found nothing where you suggested looking, but I've figured it out by looking at a few of my rarer completions. (Incidentally, I'm amazed what a proportion of people on here have completed Binary Domain - that was a proper chore!) It was Pool Nation that must have earned me the badge, since tracking on another site confirms I completed it 2.5 weeks before the listed "first winner" on here, but I suspect the tracking has been thrown off by an offline achievement I accidentally earned in the course of it. Still, I got my badge and nobody can take that away! Or can they??? Stick Out Tonguearanoid:
Though badges can be taken away, that is a rarity. Mainly its a badge that has been awarded erroneously, so you shouldn't have any worries. A lot of people got the First badges due to the site growth or gets a little harder to obtain as those are also awarded retroactively. Say if I was the first person to beat L4D that joined this site, I would get the badge, then if you joined after me and completed the same game before me, you get the badge too, but I still get to keep mine.

Thanks for joining our community and I hope to see more of you, we do have a great community with great and friendly gamers so don't be afraid to jump into the forums either.
Welcome to the site and I hope you have a great time here
Welcome and don't poop your pants.
Originally Posted by Preludecris
Best advice ever!
Best advice ever!
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
It would have been if it had come in time :ermm:
It would have been if it had come in time :ermm:
Originally Posted by th34lb1n0k1d
Oh no. That's terrible (snicker), terrible (guffah), news!!! (Fall on the ground choking on laughter tears....until I rolled in too. Dang.)

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account