Found 11 posts - Go to Last Post

Will you be getting No Man Sky

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 5 (20.83%) Yes

× 19 (79.17%) No

• Added 06-13-2018 04:22 PM
  • 24 votes
Finally saw today that No Man Sky is coming out on July 24th. Yes, this is the game that got bashed hard a while back. That hasn't stopped the company from continuing on with the game and when it releases for Xbox, it comes with the 3rd update which includes the multiplayer aspect of the game.

I borrowed a PS4 twice to play this back when it launched and on the first update. I enjoyed the game back then and seems to have gotten better with time. I'm glad the company has not given up on its game. I'll be happy to start fresh when this game hits the Xbox. I hope its part of the 4K lineup as it will look amazing if it does.

So this is early but curious if anyone else is interested or getting this game?
If i remember correctly the bashing was because they promised way more then they could deliver. Might be a decent game if you are into explore space. I will most likely not be getting it, what was it that you liked about the game?
I'd actually still like to get it despite the negativity, but when I do it will likely be PC.
If i remember correctly the bashing was because they promised way more then they could deliver. Might be a decent game if you are into explore space. I will most likely not be getting it, what was it that you liked about the game?
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Yep, that was why but they have slowly been putting it all in.

The exploring part. Every planet you go to looks completely different. Each solar system has different amount of planets. The animals are different. The fact you can make a home base now makes me want to find a galaxy that hasn't been discovered that I like, discover and name everything on each planet in it.

I'm still wondering how friends will play with you if they have to find you in that infinite space.
I'd actually still like to get it despite the negativity, but when I do it will likely be PC.
Originally Posted by Obsidian Tides
I've been wondering about this part. All new games that come out on Xbox are playable on both Xbox and PC. If so, buying an Xbox copy should work on PC and keep your save between the 2? I haven't seen anything on that but going how they have been doing things.
Sounded like it maybe just launched too soon. I've heard it's actually a pretty decent game now, after several patches and updates. It's just had a very difficult time shaking off all that initial bad publicity. No idea if that's true or not but if it is, I'd definitely be interested in checking the game out.
I've been wondering about this part. All new games that come out on Xbox are playable on both Xbox and PC. If so, buying an Xbox copy should work on PC and keep your save between the 2? I haven't seen anything on that but going how they have been doing things.
Originally Posted by ZeroDesolation
No, not all games. Many games, but not all. And most of those are because they are Microsoft titles, or Microsoft worked out a deal with the publishers. I could see No Man's Sky going either way, with the biggest hold up being all the existing PC players. Would they get the X1 version free, or for a discount? Would it require a Windows store version of the game independent of the Steam store version (yes, it would...). What would the implications of these versions be?

I do have this on PS4 and PC, so, I may or may not do X1. It is a fine time killer, but, I do get bored with these easily.
I really feel for "Hello Games" on this one, They were flooded out badly during the development on No Mans Sky, and vowed not to let their schedule be pushed back. Maybe it was the appearance on the Sony E3 stage that got the game on the shelves far too early.

While I wont put my hand up for it now. I hope review sites look at it with fresh eyes and give it an Xbox One review based on its latest version. I'll make my mind up based on those.
The physical copies are now available for pre-order. I'm still waiting on the digital one show up.

I'm surprised they haven't put the game up in the store or added achievements for the game yet on any site being 5 days away on release date.
The digital copy showed up on the Microsoft store last night. I preordered it. It's $50 and you get a different suit/gun for the preorder. Guess you'll know who all is running from the Xbox version.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account