Achievement Fest 2020

General Chat

Found 24 posts - Go to Last Post

Have you attended Achievement Fest?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 7 (21.21%) Every single one, one of the Every Timers!

× 2 (6.06%) Quite a few, but, a few misses.

× 1 (3.03%) Just one, or two.

× 5 (15.15%) Not yet, but, maybe this year.

× 20 (60.61%) No.

• Added 12-14-2019 03:47 AM
  • 33 votes
  • Multiple choice enabled
  • Votes are public
Official Dates:

July 24-26, 2020 (with extended time starting Thursday, July 23, 2020).

This marks a slight change, as Achievement Fest will be a week later than normal.

I will open up registration in early 2020, but, I wanted to get the dates out there in a few places, so that people could begin planning.

At this time, I am not sure what tweaks to pricing will happen; I know Zack, Dustin, and I want to make registration and selections as easy and streamlined as possible.
Can't justify the expense to fly out to another state to play video games. Hell, I can't even justify doing something like PAX Prime these days and I live within driving distance of Seattle lol.
Depending on how things progress between now and when registration opens, this year might be a game time decision.
Depending on how things progress between now and when registration opens, this year might be a game time decision.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
It happens.
Enlighten me a bit. Where is this at? Is there a site or link for it? Haven't been on GTN for awhile.
Enlighten me a bit. Where is this at? Is there a site or link for it? Haven't been on GTN for awhile.
Originally Posted by Preludecris
www.achievementfest.com - We started Achievement Fest in 2012 as just a way for people from 360voice to meet up and game, eventually getting the idea to set a couple of Guinness World Records, which was a primary feature/event of the first 3 Achievement Fests. After AF2014, we stopped trying to break/set records with Guinness (not worth the time and effort, and as of this writing, Mr pTart is the solo record holder and Achievement Fest 2013 is the group record holder).

It has become just 3-4 days of gamers from around North America (currently no one outside of the US or Canada has attended, but, they are welcome) to meetup, game, boost, swap games, eat, and hang out.

It is in Terre Haute, IN, during the back half of July, held at eBash, an almost 15-year established LAN center owned by BoZack. Terre Haute is close to Indianapolis, and is on the airport side of the city, so, flying in and out of IND is easy, and doesn't require traversing the city.
www.achievementfest.com - We started Achievement Fest in 2012 as just a way for people from 360voice to meet up and game, eventually getting the idea to set a couple of Guinness World Records, which was a primary feature/event of the first 3 Achievement Fests. After AF2014, we stopped trying to break/set records with Guinness (not worth the time and effort, and as of this writing, Mr pTart is the solo record holder and Achievement Fest 2013 is the group record holder).

It has become just 3-4 days of gamers from around North America (currently no one outside of the US or Canada has attended, but, they are welcome) to meetup, game, boost, swap games, eat, and hang out.

It is in Terre Haute, IN, during the back half of July, held at eBash, an almost 15-year established LAN center owned by BoZack. Terre Haute is close to Indianapolis, and is on the airport side of the city, so, flying in and out of IND is easy, and doesn't require traversing the city.
Originally Posted by futiles
Sweet. I'll check it out. Thanks futes
Sweet. I'll check it out. Thanks futes
Originally Posted by Preludecris
NP. Since 2014, I have become the defacto organizer, so, if you have any questions, feel free to shoot them my way.
Can't justify the expense to fly out to another state to play video games. Hell, I can't even justify doing something like PAX Prime these days and I live within driving distance of Seattle lol.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Thirsty Thursday Margaritas at La Hacienda Real
Real Buffet Challenge Friday
Saturday Shenanigans
Sunday Send-off

so many other things going on besides just video games.
Margaritas
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
You had me at margaritas... ❤️
Seems like it's always during Comic-Con weekend.
Seems like it's always during Comic-Con weekend.
Originally Posted by N0RVY
Which Comic-Con? This is the first time since 2014 that we have adjusted the weekend.
No, no jest. Never had much interest in SDCC. Most comic conventions are lining up to see people and get autographs. I don't really do either of those things. And, at all of the conventions i do and have done, I have only done one panel. So, I am more of a trade show person, with active demos and playtesting. I honestly could not have told you when SDCC was, I figured it was like Fall/Winter time.
The pTarts will be returning minus baby pTart, he's still too young...
The pTarts will be returning minus baby pTart, he's still too young...
Originally Posted by pTartTX
I am not sure the pTarts minus baby pTart are on the list...

Wink
I have this marked in my calendar. Good shot I'll be able to make my first one. Smile Barring any change of plans from the wife...
I have this marked in my calendar. Good shot I'll be able to make my first one. Smile Barring any change of plans from the wife...
Originally Posted by jeffmomm
We call this The Toddy Defense
We call this The Toddy Defense
Originally Posted by Dacoto
:-) Sounds like this is based on a previous experience?
:-) Sounds like this is based on a previous experience?
Originally Posted by jeffmomm
I believe previous lack of experience/attendance.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account