Flash Mob Schedule (Sunday Feb 15th, 5pm Eastern)

General Chat

That's why I started checking it when I log in. If you still want to sign in every time, just use the "Remember Me" so it doesn't log you out due to inactivity, then manually sign out (click the little down arrow beside the gear symbol, top left of the page) whenever you're done. Will solve your problem.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
I see, I was under the impression that the remember me makes it so that when you come back to the site it just auto logs you in. I also already knew how to log out and thank you for informing me though.
I see, I was under the impression that the remember me makes it so that when you come back to the site it just auto logs you in. I also already knew how to log out and thank you for informing me though.
Originally Posted by Monky Spit
I think it might do both, but will definitely prevent the auto-log out due to inactivity. I used to do the same thing you do, but got sick of having to sign in every 5 minutes, so started doing it that way.
I might have to do that then but on my computer at home.
As much as I would like to do that I don't. I just go to login and enter in my GT and Password and press login. I don't bother to check the remember option as I prefer to login in every time I come to the site.

What I am referring to though is that If I am currently logged in and I become inactive for to long then it loges me out which is Okay except for when I end up typing long messages like this. Then it become a pain in my ass because I end up losing what I had just typed.

As to the flash mob hopefully we get enough people to sign in to unlock all three badges in one go.
Originally Posted by Monky Spit
Sounds like the session timeout is set a little low and doesn't renew with activity. Generally sites set it for around 20 minutes... It's set to 15 minutes here, I might be able to convince Eric to bump it up to 30.
Sounds like the session timeout is set a little low and doesn't renew with activity. Generally sites set it for around 20 minutes... It's set to 15 minutes here, I might be able to convince Eric to bump it up to 30.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
The only time I get logged out is when I manually do it.
The only time I get logged out is when I manually do it.
Originally Posted by Sentimentalnoos
This only applies to the people that don't want to use the "Remember Me" function.
This only applies to the people that don't want to use the "Remember Me" function.
Whoopsie silly me.
I am not known for being too bright.
my brother and i were talking about this he said he was signed in but didnt show up on the whos online list and looking at the valentines day badge that 114 people unlocked it and its weird that not even an overlap got anyone the 50 person badge
my brother and i were talking about this he said he was signed in but didnt show up on the whos online list and looking at the valentines day badge that 114 people unlocked it and its weird that not even an overlap got anyone the 50 person badge
Originally Posted by DXU
As it is now, your presence here only counts for 15 minutes since the last page visit.
As it is now, your presence here only counts for 15 minutes since the last page visit.
Well now we know.. then we all have to be logged inland moving around the site within 15 minutes of each other.. So if we schedule a game session...and then during this game session we go to our devises and log in or at least browse around..bam.. we can get it?

Other wise I say we just give it out to those see logged in during that day? Maybe the badge description should be edited to show as active log in other than just being logged in.
Well now we know.. then we all have to be logged inland moving around the site within 15 minutes of each other.. So if we schedule a game session...and then during this game session we go to our devises and log in or at least browse around..bam.. we can get it?

Other wise I say we just give it out to those see logged in during that day? Maybe the badge description should be edited to show as active log in other than just being logged in.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Technically an active session, but it seems like for most people the distinction is lost in any case.
I'm sorry, making it something other than what it is would be dumb. Making it a single day account counter would mean you just start handing it out. If it cannot be obtained, then just delete them. However, I say leave them as a goal and see if you could actually make it happen...
I'm sorry, making it something other than what it is would be dumb. Making it a single day account counter would mean you just start handing it out. If it cannot be obtained, then just delete them. However, I say leave them as a goal and see if you could actually make it happen...
Originally Posted by futiles
Agreed. I don't see a problem with changing the auto-log out to 30 minutes instead of 15, since it's pretty short, but other than that leave everything as is.
Nah, we should just remove all the requirements and give everyone every badge. Even the retired ones.
I honestly thought it was much shorter then 15 minutes. Seeing as I tend to leave for a while after I log in and check the forums I now know why it loges me out they way it does. I would just leave it at the 15 minute idle time.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account