New free version on console?

Minecraft

Found 12 posts - Go to Last Post

So I'm playing my disc version on my Xbox one, when I get this message that tells me if I own the digital version I get the new version free and for a limited time if you own the disc version and you have played more than 5 hours in the last year OR if you have bought more than $5 in DLC you get the new version free....it then prompts you to either go to the new version, (which I assumed would be free since I more than qualify with the phisical disc qualifications as I have played well over 5 hours just this week and also bougjt about $20 in DLC mash up packs just this week) funny thing though, its seems like it still wants to charge me $20.

My question, Anyone already got this free this week with the disc version ? And how did you get it? Does it really charge you or will it convert to free when you press confirm on payment?
From what I have heard MS are having issues with it not being free to people when it should be. I know they are working on a fix from what I have read online.
Thanks for the head's up. I just got it and started it. Yet another Minecraft that I probably won't get around to completing. LOL
Thanks for the head's up. I just got it and started it. Yet another Minecraft that I probably won't get around to completing. LOL
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
But, with this new version, aren't all the new versions going to play together? So, if someone builds (or transfers?) and achievement world to a new version, you should be able to join their game from any of the new versions to finish the achievements. At least, that seemed like the plan. For all Minecrafts to connect.
Glad you to see you posted that as Lady Death was having the same issue the night it was released. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.
But, with this new version, aren't all the new versions going to play together? So, if someone builds (or transfers?) and achievement world to a new version, you should be able to join their game from any of the new versions to finish the achievements. At least, that seemed like the plan. For all Minecrafts to connect.
Originally Posted by futiles
This! I finally caved and bought Minecraft XB1 when they announced this so I can stack both the X1's and the Win 10 version I got for free. Debating buying the iOS version on my wife's iPad too with the iTunes gift card I have lying around unused.
I wonder if I just went ahead an bought it would they put that money back into my account when the issue was fixed, really don't want to miss this free version.
I wonder if I just went ahead an bought it would they put that money back into my account when the issue was fixed, really don't want to miss this free version.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
You have until sometime in January to get it for free, it would be tough to miss it. Have patience. It was free for me last night, and they are working on the fix for those it still shows a charge for.
They're supposed to be removing the old Minecraft game in the store and replacing it with the new play together version, much like they did with Spectra.
You have until sometime in January to get it for free, it would be tough to miss it. Have patience. It was free for me last night, and they are working on the fix for those it still shows a charge for.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Thats good to know, but it also said for a limited time for the physical copy holders that qualified.. so is that January date for the digital holders, because if it is I'm assuming (I know, I know, don't tell me about assuming) that if it is the digital copy holders then the physical copy holders who qualify deal may be a lot shorter.

All I know is this Minecraft stuff is getting very confusing!!! lol..
Q: How long will the Better Together Update be available as a free download to players who own the console version of the game?

A: Owners of the disc version of Minecraft: Xbox One Edition will have until January 30th 2018 to have played Minecraft for five or more hours in the past 12 months OR purchased a DLC Pack. There is no cutoff for digital Minecraft: Xbox One Edition owners.

source: https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/better-together-faq
Q: How long will the Better Together Update be available as a free download to players who own the console version of the game?

A: Owners of the disc version of Minecraft: Xbox One Edition will have until January 30th 2018 to have played Minecraft for five or more hours in the past 12 months OR purchased a DLC Pack. There is no cutoff for digital Minecraft: Xbox One Edition owners.

source: https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/better-together-faq
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Much appreciated!

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account