Achievement Competition #4

Gaming Chat

I had 52 achievements before I went to bed, they are all synced here on the site, so I don't know what happened.

2 - You Don't Know Jack
42 - Steins Gate
4 - AlphaJax (Win8)
1 - Ty the Tasmanian (Win8)
3 - Robotics;Notes

That's 52 by my count, all with timestamps, all synced here. The leaderboard says I only have 45 so I don't know wtf that's about. Regardless, I'm going to score a ton more when I get home tonight in case any of you get some smart ideas.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Yeah? Well, F*** you! Nah, JK - NICE JOB!
Yea, congrats to you Kaens, guess I'll just have to wait for NEXT MONTH....lol....sigh
Oh wow I don't think we stand a chance against Kaens XD
It seems that you have been synced up twice today Kaens. Next month will have a new, different challenge.
I'll be honest - I did it for the badge. And I'm working on my best week ever badges too.
Oh wow I don't think we stand a chance against Kaens XD
Originally Posted by Avenge Agony
you mean DIDN'T Stand a chance.... 1st night....er few hours and he got it in the bag, but then again isn't there a secondary challenge or something too?
So, quick question. The rules say that the first person to beat the challenge wins. But how is that determined? I've put up 109 achievements so far today (60 from Disney Fairies, 49 from Toy Story Mania, and maybe a few from Midway Arcade Origins late last night) but I haven't been scanned in a day or two.
To answer B8tingu then yes sort of. The challenge was first to get 50. The competition is the person with the most at the end of the week.
Capn Doug. I have asked Eric about the scanners to see if they can scan all members of the competition first thing in the morning to get everyones results up at the same time. I think that when a user is online then their tag gets scanned easier but I can always request a scan for you and anyone else too.
I have now requested a sync for all competitors that haven't been scanned yet. Sorry about this problem and I will keep an eye on this a bit more until Eric can sort out my own competition sync time.
So, quick question. The rules say that the first person to beat the challenge wins. But how is that determined? I've put up 109 achievements so far today (60 from Disney Fairies, 49 from Toy Story Mania, and maybe a few from Midway Arcade Origins late last night) but I haven't been scanned in a day or two.
Originally Posted by Capn Doug x360a
Aw wow man, I wish I knew that I would have tried harder last night instead of putzing around. It does seem that some kinks need to be ironed out and if Doug beat me then let me be the first to congratulate him. Disney Fairies is Win8 and I still believe I'm short my win8 cheevos. Someone should check the leaderboard to make sure it's reporting accurately.
I am trying to iron out any kinks I find as soon as I can. I've only been doing this now for 4 months and I have made changes each month to make things easier for the competitors and myself such as changing the leaderboard to reset at the start of the month. Please be patient while I try and sort some things out as some of them I need Erics expertise to do. Thank you
Chaotikilla, I hope you didn't think I was critiquing you. When I said work out the kinks, what I mean is anything that can be done to improve the leaderboards so it's more real time (probably not much you can do there anyways) and it's obviously important that they are accurate. Based on the limitations of our syncing here, we shouldn't have a challenge that people need by the hour updates. Like you said, maybe Eric and prioritize the syncing of the people in the group.

I am not a poor loser. I compete to win of course, but if I don't win I'm not going to cry about it, there is always next month. Thanks for running it, I'm always looking for more motivations to score points. It became more of a grind after 100k and so I use stuff like this, the 360voice challenges, leaderboards, etc for motivation to help me focused.
I know the feeling Kaens. I reached 100k using hard games mainly but have bolstered it up recently with easy games and even contemplated getting rid of my xbox at one point. I didn't take your comment as criticism I was just letting everyone know that I'm aware of the problem we are experiencing right now and that I'm trying to fix it.

I did request for the leaderboards to be more like the challenges off 360v but due to GTN having no endorsement Eric told me that we are unable to pull the data like that off the xbox site unless we could get them to allow it. He also told me that he has attempted several times to talk to someone about it from microsoft but he never gets a reply.

I'm always happy to run things like this as long as I have the people to join it. The first 2 I ran had the same 3 competitors both times. Only last month did it really take off and this is another good month. Hoping next month will be even bigger again
After checking the leaderboard and profiles on xbox.com I would like to say congratulations to my challenge winner

Capn Doug x360a

He really did unlock all of those achievements on the first day but don't worry as the competition still has 5 days left so anything can happen.

Get out there everyone and unlock those achievements and I will retro the badge to you Capn when Eric has made it for me.
After checking the leaderboard and profiles on xbox.com I would like to say congratulations to my challenge winner

Capn Doug x360a

He really did unlock all of those achievements on the first day but don't worry as the competition still has 5 days left so anything can happen.

Get out there everyone and unlock those achievements and I will retro the badge to you Capn when Eric has made it for me.
Originally Posted by chaotikilla
CONGRATS Doug!!! Nice show!

Wait, 5 days left, what do you mean?
The challenge was just part of the competition as an incentive to get people to unlock as many as possible in the shortest amount of time.

The competition is a week long event in which you must unlock as many achievements as you can to win the competition.
You're a little too late to join this months competition Tsumewulf but there will be another one next month so keep an eye out for it.
The challenge was just part of the competition as an incentive to get people to unlock as many as possible in the shortest amount of time.

The competition is a week long event in which you must unlock as many achievements as you can to win the competition.
Originally Posted by chaotikilla
Oh, I missed that. So there's still a chance!
Count me in — "Badges are sooo addicting" Smile

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account