Minecraft: Xbox One Edition Arrives this Friday

Minecraft: Xbox One Edition

Found 13 posts - Go to Last Post

In before QN....

Minecraft enters the next generation with the release of Minecraft: Xbox One Edition, which will become available Friday, September 5th for download in the Xbox Store. Owners of Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition can upgrade for just $4.99 USD, while new players can download the full game for $19.99 USD.

More great news for existing Xbox 360 Minecraft players: All downloadable content players have purchased for the Xbox 360 Edition is available free for re-download on Xbox One. Additionally, you can transfer your favorite Xbox 360 worlds and content to the Xbox One Edition so you won’t lose your creations.

With worlds up to 36 times larger than on Xbox 360, now there’s an even bigger canvas to create, with four player split-screen on one console or up to eight players over Xbox Live.

Later this month, select retailers will sell the full game Digital Download Code and the full game packaged disc will be on retail store shelves globally this holiday.

http://majornelson.com/2014/09/02/mi...rrives-friday/
Also...

- It will include all the features from the most recent Xbox 360 title update.
- Minecraft: Xbox One Edition will cost $19.99.
- If you’ve bought Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition from Xbox Live Marketplace, or played online with the disc version, you will be able to upgrade to Xbox One Edition for $4.99.
- You will be able to upgrade for a minimum of a year after the release date.
- Players with Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition saves will be able to import their worlds to Xbox One. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to transfer saves from Xbox One to Xbox 360. We can make worlds bigger without too much stress, but shrinking them causes all kinds of problems.
- Cross platform play will not be possible between Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
- Many, but not all, of the DLC skins and texture packs you’ve purchased for Xbox 360 Edition will be available for use in Xbox One Edition. We’d like to say all your DLC would transfer, but some of the items are trapped in licensing deals that are too boring to get into here. We’ll have more on this soon.
The achievement list is out and looks to be a lot harder than the 360 version.

Looking forward to actually learning and playing the game this time, instead of just joining worlds set up for the 360 achievements.
The achievement list is out and looks to be a lot harder than the 360 version.

Looking forward to actually learning and playing the game this time, instead of just joining worlds set up for the 360 achievements.
Originally Posted by Elem3ntal80
Ha, I barely played the 360 version. *
I dont get the Minecraft craze, Ive watched my son play and its just not interesting to me
I have zero interest in it either, but my kid likes it and for $5, why not?

Oh, and steal one news posting from QN, and get the forum flooded with every tiniest bit of potential but not really news available....
I dont get the Minecraft craze, Ive watched my son play and its just not interesting to me
Originally Posted by Sith Rick
My 8 yr old spends more time watching Minecraft videos more than she plays it. Minecraft is fun, but it's like being handed a bucket of Legos. It is what you make of it.
I have yet to play this. What are the chances it becomes free to gold members?
I have yet to play this. What are the chances it becomes free to gold members?
Originally Posted by Zombie In PJs
I'd say low, but that would be huge.
I say it'll probably go Game with Gold in six months; once everybody that is going to purchase it quickly has paid for the game and all the initial DLC that they want. But I'm a bit of a cynic.
I say it'll probably go Game with Gold in six months; once everybody that is going to purchase it quickly has paid for the game and all the initial DLC that they want. But I'm a bit of a cynic.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
The Xbox 360 version has yet to go GwG.
The Xbox 360 version has yet to go GwG.
Originally Posted by futiles
And it has sold something insane like 12M copies on 360 and continues to break into the top 10 there. It's a cash cow and will not be GwG.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account