COMMUNITY Competition (Prize) SIGN UP...Video Game Bingo! (VINGO) RULES ARE POSTED!

Gaming Chat

Does This Competition Sound Like Fun?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 61 (81.33%) Yes, I Just Want To Know What I need To Do!

× 14 (18.67%) No, it sounds like something old people do

• Added 08-07-2014 10:17 PM
  • 75 votes
No. I was just joking
Originally Posted by N1ghtmareb4xmas
I thought you were going to get that 10k in a month, so I figured you had it now.
If you all have your cards full then I guess it is. I am counting on the bonus. Zombie said it's NOT going to be a straight line again, so I guess we'll have to wait until Friday. But if your card is already full, well then doesn't really matter what the requirements are right?
Originally Posted by Kaens
Well, the next round would be the first 3 people to declare VINGO for the final round. With how long it's been, I'm pretty sure all 4 of us have a VINGO somewhere, unless the rules have changed and I didn't hear. Just wondering if they requirements for this upcoming round have changed. Not that it matters that much in the long run I guess, with what I still have left.
Well, the next round would be the first 3 people to declare VINGO for the final round. With how long it's been, I'm pretty sure all 4 of us have a VINGO somewhere, unless the rules have changed and I didn't hear. Just wondering if they requirements for this upcoming round have changed. Not that it matters that much in the long run I guess, with what I still have left.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
If you go back through the 450 posts here, I know somewhere Zombie said the next round (4) would NOT be straight line, it could be any variant like four corners, T, H, whatever he was being coy. He also said that is when there would be a bonus. The 5th and final round is 'blackout' style, where you have to fill in all your squares.
If you go back through the 450 posts here, I know somewhere Zombie said the next round (4) would NOT be straight line, it could be any variant like four corners, T, H, whatever he was being coy. He also said that is when there would be a bonus. The 5th and final round is 'blackout' style, where you have to fill in all your squares.
And this is where I say I already did that. Queue Queen song...
And this is where I say I already did that. Queue Queen song...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
I hate you with all my heart for making me do this..

Since the round started at 0900 today, officially, it was a normal VINGO. I have 3 VINGO's called so far (Kaens, Fsh, and Buck)

We skipped round two (no bonus as everyone moved on) Round 3 is all but over...so round 4 will see a change and the finals will have a playoff finale. So we don't have to use time stamps. Who doesn't like a playoff?

One spot open for the fourth round, where all bonuses and such will be announced, if you even need them. I have a feeling the top 3 already have their cards full.

So, after the 5 call VINGO, we move on to the next round. Playoff will be decided by the last two participants and myself. To declare a fair winner, without relying on timestamps and such.
Originally Posted by Zombie In PJs
I hate you with all my heart for making me do this..
That's what I'm here for!
Pretty sure this is what everyone was waiting for. Next round begins Friday...more to follow.
Uhh, two days ago Friday or just any random Friday? Just in case - VINGO!
As I have not been able to get the support I needed for the "bonus" I am not going to be able to do what I wanted, sadly.

This is just a small bit of the frustration with the "events" at this point. I have asked countless times for assistance and I have not been answered. On that note, I'm out. I'm sorry it had to come down to this, but if I can't get support from the owner of the site to make his site better, more fun, and overall enjoyable...then I am not sure what else I can do.

For those of you that continue on, please continue on with this badge. I'm sorry if you spent a ton of money on this event and feel bad for not taking it to the end as it was intended, but I can only do so much by myself.

Anyway, I am there are no hard feelings. I will award the badge to the final 3 and after that you will most likely only see me on Xbox live and Facebook. Bye for now.
Sorry to hear it didn't work out, was fun for the first bit. Thanks for the badge, hit me up if you ever need any help with anything.
wouldn't it be better to retire/rescind the badge, since only a few people ever got it or had the chance at it? I guess that's one of those questions that will also never be answered.
wouldn't it be better to retire/rescind the badge, since only a few people ever got it or had the chance at it? I guess that's one of those questions that will also never be answered.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Or give it to everyone that tried?
Or give it to everyone that tried?
Originally Posted by futiles
He'd have to give it to everyone that signed up for the event, which then would make everyone not want to participate in anymore of his competitions.
He'd have to give it to everyone that signed up for the event, which then would make everyone not want to participate in anymore of his competitions.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
You may want to re-read his post, then:

On that note, I'm out.
He likely will NOT be having anymore events, which is why Hotdog said no one should get it, and I suggested everyone in this event should get it.
He likely will NOT be having anymore events, which is why Hotdog said no one should get it, and I suggested everyone in this event should get it.
This is not even the first competition that no longer runs and has no badges. I'm surprise Futiles doesn't know this already because he's been active for more than a year. From the time I've been here, this is how things go. People show up to the site, they are highly motivated and want to help, Eric let's the run a competition, creates a badge, and then it dies off. This is just the latest example.

In the Driver's Seat (only 4 people have)
Win the Monthly Achievement Competition hosted by chaotikilla.

Forza Tournament Participant (only 4 people have)
Official GTN Community Event: Participate in the Forza 5 Drag Race Tournament honoring Paul Walker.

Challenge... What Challenge? (only 4 people have)
Win the Monthly Gamerscore Challenge hosted by the GTN Team.

I share everyone's frustration, these people here that post WANT the site to do so much more and be active, but it just doesn't seem to be that way. It makes a great first impression, but once you've been here awhile it's clear that only minor things get addressed. I know Eric mentioned he lost his job, hopefully he's found new work by now, but clearly he's dealing with a lot of things that are more important than his hobby site. I personally keep sticking it out because it seems like there is so much potential here and I just hope it turns around before everyone leaves.
This is not even the first competition that no longer runs and has no badges. I'm surprise Futiles doesn't know this already because he's been active for more than a year. From the time I've been here, this is how things go. People show up to the site, they are highly motivated and want to help, Eric let's the run a competition, creates a badge, and then it dies off. This is just the latest example.

Official GTN Community Event: Participate in the Forza 5 Drag Race Tournament honoring Paul Walker.

I share everyone's frustration, these people here that post WANT the site to do so much more and be active, but it just doesn't seem to be that way. It makes a great first impression, but once you've been here awhile it's clear that only minor things get addressed. I know Eric mentioned he lost his job, hopefully he's found new work by now, but clearly he's dealing with a lot of things that are more important than his hobby site. I personally keep sticking it out because it seems like there is so much potential here and I just hope it turns around before everyone leaves.
No, I am aware of all of that. Chrome has the ability to award badges, so, my suggestion is he just award it and be done. I was pointing out to B8TINGU that Chrome isn't going to have any more events, so, making people not want to join those events is not really an issue.

OK looks like I inadvertently started a fire here, so let me see what I can do to help control it or put it out:

First let me tell you agree with your assessment of this situation, we do seem to get going then trip close to the end of the finish line. I'm partially to blame for this but not for the lack of trying. After all I did bring back community interviews and about those badges.. read on and let me get your take on something here at the end?

This competition and badge was retried due to it being tied directly to Chaotikilla never returning, I haas hopes he would and I was trying to keep it alive till he came back to pick up the reins, but then Zombie stepped in and it was at a mutual decision to retire this badge so that Zombies badge could take over.

This was never a competition it was as its states a Community Event, there was some talk of it becoming an annual thing, but where that went I do not know. See this thread for all the details: http://www.gamertagnation.com/xbox-o...25-2014-a.html

This was Chaotikllas old badge renamed. I had to remake the leaderboards one time due to me not being able to add more people as it was a private leaderboard and I could not get my access to approve more participants. The v2 of this leaderbaord was also subsequently deleted as it was having all kinds of issues, which seem to have been fixed by Eric since. I will resume this competition coming up here in November which means I will need to make a new leaderboard ....or use an existing one. My original thought was to use someone who had previously set one up and so as to not have everyone have to rejoin yet another leaderboard. So I guess I'm putting git out there, should I just rebuild a new leaderboard or should I ask one of the community members if GTN could use one of theirs to track this?

Let me know I really want to get this back on track and get badge out.
No, I am aware of all of that. Chrome has the ability to award badges, so, my suggestion is he just award it and be done. I was pointing out to B8TINGU that Chrome isn't going to have any more events, so, making people not want to join those events is not really an issue.
I think awarding it to everyone who said they would participate is extreme. I could get behind everyone that made it to the first round, that was 6-7 people, but giving it to people who never even participated other than signing in to the thread is silly.
OK looks like I inadvertently started a fire here, so let me see what I can do to help control it or put it out
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Not sure why you think that. I don't see anything like a fire so far.

I think awarding it to everyone who said they would participate is extreme. I could get behind everyone that made it to the first round, that was 6-7 people, but giving it to people who never even participated other than signing in to the thread is silly.
I could get behind that. I would agree with that more than just the last 3 getting it. Seems like a decent solution, actually.
As for the difference between Chaotkilla's badge, Zombie's badge, and B8TINGU's badge: why did they have to make new badges?

If Choatkilla never returned, why not just change the description of the badge to "Win a GTN sanctioned Event/Contest" and then if ChromeZombie hosted one, or B8TINGU hosted one, or acaraba2 hosted one (which he does, just not an official one), or really anybody interested in something and has an actual plan, you could just award the generic "GTN Contest Winner" badge, and be done with it.

But, this comes back to my previously community disregarded thought that badges here are so plentiful, random, and reckless that they have less attraction to the common user and more of a detraction.
I agree, badges to anybody that authentically called a VINGO. Now about that guy that called all of the VINGOS....

When to comes to the abundance of badges, I remember so many conversations about people saying they thought the genre badges in particular were too hard for the typical user. So I'm not sure too many badges are a problem. They could be more consistent(ie missing Win Phone badges).

Seems most contests attract the harder core group. I don't know how you attract the average player or get people to participate. I'd love to see what Chrome had in mind for next contest. Honestly, I don't think we need high stakes for contests, just options and variety.

From 360voice experience, it seems people get very active, they got nominated for moderator and within 3 months they would be gone.

Chrome, I'd love to hear about what you had planned this time for the bonus.

In other words, I think there are many issues, but if we don't stick with this, nothing will get better.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account