15k in a week (poll included)

Gaming Chat

How many days for me to hit 15K?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 1 (2.78%) 1 Day - Wait, what? I'm not a machine.... Wink

× 0 (0%) 2 Days - Damn, that's still nuts.

× 0 (0%) 3 Days - Alright, that's at least possible.

× 6 (16.67%) 4 Days - Humpday is always a good day.

× 6 (16.67%) 5 Days - Done before end of the week.

× 6 (16.67%) 6 Days - Cutting it a little close.

× 5 (13.89%) 7 Days - What were you doing all week?

× 4 (11.11%) Yeah right, not going to happen.

× 8 (22.22%) I'm just here for the poll.

• Added 08-12-2015 08:58 PM
  • 36 votes
But you're saying, "Hey, spam these forums and threads and get a badge, do it now!", But I don't see spammers in the 500 forums posts or more badge... Of course, your definition of spam is probably "stuff that Futiles doesn't want to see".
Originally Posted by Fshguy
There has been a growing resurgence of "pointless" threads sprouting up. And a distinct lack of B8TINGU asking "is this relevant?"
I think 5 days is fair, Dan. that averages 3k per day...doable but gonna be HARD.
I think 5 days is fair, Dan. that averages 3k per day...doable but gonna be HARD.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
Right and by that measure, 3k a day is 21k so we should have a badge for 20k in a week. And for people who like to challenge themselves, 25k in week is only 3500 a day. We should have a badge for that.
15k in a week without disrupting family life is virtually impossible for someone who works 40hrs as week. Also, until someone (or a few) people do 20 or 25k in a week, we don't need the badge (my opinion). Why put the cart before the horse. If you can do it, do it, and get them to assign the badge retroactively IF they add one. It'll be in the site stats.

Anyway, enough about that. If anyone want more badges, there's a thread for that, please use it instead of this one.
15k in a week without disrupting family life is virtually impossible for someone who works 40hrs as week. Also, until someone (or a few) people do 20 or 25k in a week, we don't need the badge (my opinion). Why put the cart before the horse. If you can do it, do it, and get them to assign the badge retroactively IF they add one. It'll be in the site stats.

Anyway, enough about that. If anyone want more badges, there's a thread for that, please use it instead of this one.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
So I took vacation, the gaming was my job. And to answer you question, the reason we need the badge first is because these badges are not awarded retro actively. If they were, I'd just score 25k and move on.

Edit: The only reason you have a 15k week badge to go for is I lobbied for it for a year, including begging Eric on his wall. Also, I asked for more stats in another thread. The site doesn't track best week ever, so it can't be awarded later.
For something like that, they should be able to. For me, it's not a question of can people do it, but is it a badge with the community in mind. Only 62 people have done the 10k in a week, and only 11 have done the 15k out of an approx. 4k members. Don't get me wrong, if they added it, I'd be one of the few doing it too, it just doesn't seem like we need another tier yet, since it really only serves a select few who can spare that amount of time, and so few have the 15k as it stands. It would also be nice if it was online/timestamps required before they added more.

In any case, not my call, no big deal either way. Smile
For something like that, they should be able to. For me, it's not a question of can people do it, but is it a badge with the community in mind. Only 62 people have done the 10k in a week, and only 11 have done the 15k out of an approx. 4k members. Don't get me wrong, if they added it, I'd be one of the few doing it too, it just doesn't seem like we need another tier yet, since it really only serves a select few who can spare that amount of time, and so few have the 15k as it stands. It would also be nice if it was online/timestamps required before they added more.

In any case, not my call, no big deal either way. Smile
So sorry I hijacked your thread, but let's be honest, we both know you'll get 15k. And as you said, 11 people already have the badge, you'll have it next week and the exact same argument you are making against the 20k badge was made against the 15k badge. There is literally a full page (50 I believe) of badges that are more rare. My point is, I can point to 50 badges that are harder to get and more out of reach than these.
So sorry I hijacked your thread, but let's be honest, we both know you'll get 15k. And as you said, 11 people already have the badge, you'll have it next week and the exact same argument you are making against the 20k badge was made against the 15k badge. There is literally a full page (50 I believe) of badges that are more rare. My point is, I can point to 50 badges that are harder to get and more out of reach than these.
Originally Posted by Kaens
too bad there isn't some group of people that could represent the site and hash this out, weighing the pros and cons, and coming to a consensus. Some sort of "team" effort, so to speak. Maybe that same "team" could also perform cleanup and maintenance duties on badges that are obsolete (forza tournament) or unobtainable now (zombified). Of those "50 badges harder to get", how many are realistically "gettable"?
You know, I see tons of complaining about a badge team, but there is nothing stopping someone from organizing one, taking votes or whatever to garner support, then pitch Eric.

Of those "50 badges harder to get", how many are realistically "gettable"?
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Well considering I have 16 badges that have been awarded to 10 or less people so I'd say they are quite obtainable. It will require more work than finding a hidden badge.
Last edited 08-15-2015 at 10:37 PM by Kaens.
You know, I see tons of complaining about a badge team, but there is nothing stopping someone from organizing one, taking votes or whatever to garner support, then pitch Eric.
Originally Posted by Kaens
It has been pitched multiple times, and met with resounding silence on the matter. We've been told badges are Eric's and Eric's alone, and there is no interest at this time to have community assistance in this matter.
Starting Gamerscore -
Good luck, Buck!
Almost 3k by lunch. Hotdogs are cooking now. Smile Was hoping to maybe get 6k today, but that might be a stretch, since I started a couple of hours later than planned. Just didn't feel like playing at 7am. Wink Picked an hour back up on the 2nd Monopoly game already, so you never know.
too bad there isn't some group of people that could represent the site and hash this out, weighing the pros and cons, and coming to a consensus. Some sort of "team" effort, so to speak. Maybe that same "team" could also perform cleanup and maintenance duties on badges that are obsolete (forza tournament) or unobtainable now (zombified). Of those "50 badges harder to get", how many are realistically "gettable"?
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
The zombified badge is not unobtainable, its a badge that is used for the truly unique challenges and is going to be up for grabs in the next cycle of the GTN fitness challenge. I have always had plans to bring it back in some way, I'm still working on other issues with it, but I may be able to fix this issue with some sound reasoning. So I you want your shot at that badge I would suggest you get your Kinect games in order and sign up.

As for the Paul Walker memorial badge....stay tuned.
So, the badge for playing in one of Zombie's challenges is going to be given out by someone other than Zombie in PJs? Interesting. I still think Buck gets done his 15K in a day.
So, the badge for playing in one of Zombie's challenges is going to be given out by someone other than Zombie in PJs? Interesting. I still think Buck gets done his 15K in a day.
Originally Posted by futiles
^ What he said.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account