A Review for Skate 2

Skate 2

Found 12 posts - Go to Last Post

So, after so long, I finally wrote up another review, and this time it's for the sequel for my favourite skateboarding game ever! Skate 2!

Check it out here

Feel free to discuss any of my points in this thread, I'll try to reply to everyone's feedback.
i was going to see if i could make some minor edits for you, but it seems i don't have permission. still, looks decent considering i'm not very interested in the series.
Well just PM me with what needs changing and I'll get around to it as soon as possible.
"for those not down with the lingo"

Lol.
Then I can take from your response that you liked it Tariq?
Yeah man. All in all, it was quite a badass review. I've never played either game, and really don't plan to, no offence. However, this review seems to give quite a few interesting facts, and I may actually pop by the preowned bin for a copy of Skate 2 if it's at a reasonable rate.

That's saying more then my opinion before I read your review.
If you do that Tariq, then get a few mates round to play the "Hall of Meat" party mode.

It's hilarious fun, and the "Ooohs" and "Ahhhs" from the people sitting around you make it twice as sweet.
To be honest, the only skateboarding Game I've played is the extra mode in MGS2. THAT was great.

Although I was brilliant at SSX. I could like... do the best tricks and everything.
the mode where you cause damage to the character is great but i cant justify £40 for it.
Thanks for writing up the review, Hywel. It's been awhile since I've enjoyed a skating game, and I know that Skate 2 won't be my answer. I think growing up with the Tony Hawk series has spoiled me. I found the first Skate game far too complicated and just gave up on it. The extra effort required to do a simple ollie was rediculous in my opinion. But hey, that's why I'm not a skater and that's why I haven't returned to that genre.

Your review was well written though. I'm impressed with EA's commitment to the quality of their Skate series and it seems to have found a winning formula. The two offline party play modes seem to be a fresh addition to the genre and getting off the board is a must. If you're unsure whether or not this game is worth your monies, check out the demo. That's what I'm going to do this weekend anyway. Maybe I'll have a change of heart too. Smile
To be honest, the only skateboarding Game I've played is the extra mode in MGS2. THAT was great.
Originally Posted by Killak
Yeah, it was, and that was using the Tony Hawks Engine.

Skate. is a much more personal skateing experience, you practically make your own style which is actually really fun to come up with names for... My technique is currently self-named the "Mad-As-Fuck" technique.

the mode where you cause damage to the character is great but i cant justify £40 for it.
Originally Posted by Blank Planet
But the replayability is. Both the skate games have impressive replayability, allowing you to get the most out of your £40.

Thanks for writing up the review, Hywel. It's been awhile since I've enjoyed a skating game, and I know that Skate 2 won't be my answer. I think growing up with the Tony Hawk series has spoiled me. I found the first Skate game far too complicated and just gave up on it. The extra effort required to do a simple ollie was rediculous in my opinion. But hey, that's why I'm not a skater and that's why I haven't returned to that genre.

Your review was well written though. I'm impressed with EA's commitment to the quality of their Skate series and it seems to have found a winning formula. The two offline party play modes seem to be a fresh addition to the genre and getting off the board is a must. If you're unsure whether or not this game is worth your monies, check out the demo. That's what I'm going to do this weekend anyway. Maybe I'll have a change of heart too. Smile
Originally Posted by Eric
It's the party play modes on the demo that made me crave the game. It's just too much fun to play those with 3 mates and scream at the screen about the damage your doing to your character.
I might give it a look when it goes down in price. If I need to break bones before then I'll play at my friends house.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account