Controller turns off, and doesn't sync with Console

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 13 posts - Go to Last Post

So this has been happening recently where my controller will turn off for no reason. The battery will be fully charged. And when I turn it back on it won't sync with the console until I hard reset it by holding the power button until it turns off, deleting the cache.

Is this normal?
Certainly not normal, have you tried updating your controller?
I have had this happen. I noticed it with one controller, and not others. Turns out I had missed that one when updating.
I have had this happen. I noticed it with one controller, and not others. Turns out I had missed that one when updating.
Originally Posted by futiles
So it just needs updated?
So it just needs updated?
Originally Posted by Damnlag
I would say "probably" - there have been a couple of controller updates.
I would say "probably" - there have been a couple of controller updates.
Wait , What? I've herd of Console updates, but controller updates? Really? That's a joke right?
Wait , What? I've herd of Console updates, but controller updates? Really? That's a joke right?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
No, technology. That's why you were given a short micro USB cable with your console. One end goes in your controller, the other goes in the Xbox One Wink
No, technology. That's why you were given a short micro USB cable with your console. One end goes in your controller, the other goes in the Xbox One Wink
Originally Posted by Kaens
I just thought it was a charging cable? hmm.. learn something new everyday I guess..
I just thought it was a charging cable? hmm.. learn something new everyday I guess..
That is why under settings and system, just above "Update Console" is also "Update Controller"
There's no internal battery, nothing to charge. I'm sure you can probably play with it plugged in like that though since you can get power off a USB.
That is why under settings and system, just above "Update Console" is also "Update Controller"
Really? I can't find any of that stuff on my console.. I see these screens, but can't figure out where to go..lol. I want to get in and uninstall some stuff but can't find that either.. then again I really haven't looked it up.. I guess with a little more effort I could find it.
Really? I can't find any of that stuff on my console.. I see these screens, but can't figure out where to go..lol. I want to get in and uninstall some stuff but can't find that either.. then again I really haven't looked it up.. I guess with a little more effort I could find it.
To uninstall things mouse over the game, then hit the burger button <start>, choose manage game, then you can delete stuff.
Hahahahaha...

Burger button. Now that is what it will always look like to me. Before, it always looked like an old Windows drop menu.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account