Making a Murderer

Entertainment

Found 27 posts - Go to Last Post

This documentary is blowing up chatter all over the web, and rightfully so. It's easily the best documentary I've ever seen. It's 10 episodes long and took 10 years to film! Available to stream on Netflix right now.

Also, try to avoid reading any of the current news stories until after you watch it. The story has exploded on Fox News, CNN, etc.

Trailer:

Oh, and when you finish that one, check out West of Memphis. We did an Amazon digital rental...couldn't find it on our normal pirate sites Lol
I actually have this in my Netflix Que. Had some family members talking about this over the holidays. The plan is to check this out after I finish Spartacus. If you haven't seen it, I recommend The Jinx: The life and deaths of Robert Durst.
Yea I definitely want to check this out at some point, especially since it happened it my state. I remember hearing about it in the news when it originally happened.
I actually have this in my Netflix Que. Had some family members talking about this over the holidays. The plan is to check this out after I finish Spartacus. If you haven't seen it, I recommend The Jinx: The life and deaths of Robert Durst.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Strangely enough, my wife mentioned The Jinx tonight and we were planning to dig it up online.
Strangely enough, my wife mentioned The Jinx tonight and we were planning to dig it up online.
Originally Posted by SG Steelhead
Well worth the watch and the ending OMG.
We binged this since we remembered it when it was happening 10 years ago. Both my wife and I are criminology majors, or were, at the time. Fascinating stuff. Unfortunately it seems that certain aspects of the case were omitted from the prosecutorial perspective, it still made for some really interesting tv.
Funny, my GF has been all over this since before the big blow up on CNN, she watched it and told me how this was and consequently should have gone and then like BOOM! CNN is all over this.. I think she's psychic or something..
We binged this since we remembered it when it was happening 10 years ago. Both my wife and I are criminology majors, or were, at the time. Fascinating stuff. Unfortunately it seems that certain aspects of the case were omitted from the prosecutorial perspective, it still made for some really interesting tv.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
I take it that you mean the Netflix Doc and not The Jinx.
Fox News talks about it alot, just downloaded it this past weekend, can't wait to see it.
My wife and I actually binged it within 24 hours. It was crazy. Almost every episode we were gobsmacked. Agree that it was a shame certain evidence was omitted from the doc.

I'm just as baffled now as I was whilst watching it!
Well worth the watch and the ending OMG.
Finished it last night. Excellent! Ending was jaw-dropping.

After we finished it I googled Durst to see what happened post-doc. There was a 2 day-old story in the Times about how his ex-in-laws are suing him. Also, his criminal trial in Ca is slated to start this March
Finished it last night. Excellent! Ending was jaw-dropping.
Yeah, the ending is just amazing. Completely changes your outlook if you had any doubt. If you go back and re-watch it there are so many little clues that bring the point home even more.

Side note, the Spoiler would not toggle for me. It did display the info when I did the reply. Did anyone else have this issue?
I just watched it this week, it was done well.

I really felt bad for Brendan Dassey. I realize he did so much damage on his own, but it was obvious that he was not too bright and they could have convinced him to confess to just about anything they wanted with enough coaxing. That lawyer that he had was a real piece of work...he screwed him big time...I was very shocked he wasn't granted a new trial.
Side note, the Spoiler would not toggle for me. It did display the info when I did the reply. Did anyone else have this issue?
Yes, same issue here.
test

Test, cause I am seeing the same spoiler tag issue
Same with yours, Futiles. No toggling.
Yeah, I didn't see any post about it in the bugs forum, so, I posted about it.
Just finished watching Making A Murderer and wow talk about wanting to get angry over something, this would be it. The two things that came to mind while I was watching it was What a weasel and What a piece of shit to describe some of the people in this documentary. I'll let you connect the dots, but over all a great compelling watch.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account