Xbox One cant play games

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 9 posts - Go to Last Post

Currently I cant play any Xbox One games but everything else seems to be fine. Netflix, Amazon, TV apps all let me watch video but when I try to play any game I cant get past the point where you press A to continue. So far I have tried using one of my sons profiles and same thing happens. I have deleted all profiles from console and just reloaded mine and also tried while not connected to internet. Same thing happens every time, press A and the little loading circle just spins and spins. Anyone know any way to fix this?

Xbox 360, W8 and WP8 all let me play on my profile without issue
I had similar problem with mine a few weeks ago, freezing on notifications and entering downloaded games, which seems to have been fixed by the most recent update. I'd recommend making sure the console and controllers are updated but beyond that i can only refer you to the good old Microsoft support page. http://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one

Good hunting.
Have you soft reset it? Hold your finger on the Xbox Light/Power on the right side of your console for 10 seconds. Try it then...
hold the power button until it turns off, unplug for a minute or two, try again. basically a hard reboot
no problem, happened to me in the first couple of weeks, and I was only trying to play digital games, so I knew it wasn't a disk problem.
no problem, happened to me in the first couple of weeks, and I was only trying to play digital games, so I knew it wasn't a disk problem.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Like any good Microsoft OS, it needs to be rebooted every once in a while. Although I think I can go weeks now instead of a couple days like the good old days.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account