Looking as Flash Mob badge and an immense amount of space accounts holding the badge
Yeah, I noticed that as well. But it's whatever as It doesn't state in the Community Guidelines that spam accounts cant be made.
I think they are possible more like search engines bot accounts more than anything
There is that or someone decided to make the spam accounts just to flood the forums later on.
Eh, looks like it was Quickz Ninja, going by some of their account names.

Why he didn't just wait until today and take part as part of the community I don't know.
Maybe wanted to be the first one to get it? Don't actually have a clue though.
Didn't that guy get removed for flooding the forums to boost his post count?

Oh, could they have done it at the Achievement Fest thing?
However it was done, I don't think they earned it legit. It should be removed from their accounts so they can do it correctly.
It should but it more then likely wont be removed.
However it was done, I don't think they earned it legit. It should be removed from their accounts so they can do it correctly.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
The badge is working exactly as designed as far as I can tell.
I think it should only work if a username has gamertag attached?
They were removed from some of us that got them before, when it was counting visitors and bots but Eric changed the way it counts now.

I do agree a bit with Diesel an account should have a gamertag attached before it can earn badges otherwise why join the site, plus it's in the name Gamertag Nation.
Originally Posted by dieselv2
This is a GREAT idea and if this was the actions of one person then we will get to the bottom of it. I can't say if the badges will stay once this is sorted, nor can I say they will be removed either.
I actually agree with this 100%, but, in all honesty, the Achievement Fest accounts involved Thursday would have had gamertags attached if this had been a requirement of the badge.

A unique gamertag does not necessarily equate to a unique user.

We opted to not attach gamertags because of the extra time involved, and the fact that it was not a requirement of the badge.

But, the letter of the requirement states "members" of the site, and currently, site registration does not require a gamertag.
I actually agree with this 100%, but, in all honesty, the Achievement Fest accounts involved Thursday would have had gamertags attached if this had been a requirement of the badge.

We opted to not attach gamertags because of the extra time involved, and the fact that it was not a requirement of the badge.

But, the letter of the requirement states "members" of the site, and currently, site registration does not require a gamertag.
Originally Posted by futiles
I didn't know these were AF accounts so apologies

Originally Posted by futiles
It's jackasses like you that are destroying the world with this kind of devious thinking.
I didn't know these were AF accounts so apologies
Yes, I had another reply in the other thread that did not get posted, because the thread got locked.

Basically, it was that people in other countries or people who for various personal reasons just cannot attend fall under the "Wish I could go, but..." option, and we get that. We have past/regular attendees who did not make it this year, and even they were not included/involved in this. We love these friends, and we hope very much to see them, and anyone else, at Achievement Fest in the future, and to take part in future Shenanigans WITH them.

Our frustration was with the "Never going to go" option.
It's jackasses like you that are destroying the world with this kind of devious thinking.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
You know, you probably could ask those jackasses for help next time, since I don't think anyone asked for their help the first time. Not like it can't be done again....
What I don't understand is how 117 people have the Flash Mob III badge, but only 101 have the Flash Mob II badge...doesn't seem logical or maybe I'm just dense.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account