Why isnt there more female members here?

General Chat

Found 17 posts - Go to Last Post

i was wondering bout it

most active members now r males

except me of course lol

why?
Because Exo politician is now at Uni.

Kailea is a runaway.

And a few others are like... gone.

I'm surprised myself, considering that 58% of gamers globally are female, you'd think this'd be reflected in our community.

But then, we don't represent Nintendo, so that eliminates half the girls because they can't chat on and on about bloody Nintendogs.

That's not to say I DON'T know totally awesome and badass girls who love death and gore.
man i hate Nintendo but i play with it if i've got nothing to do

i guess that means i'm not very femminen

a Tomboy lol
I know... I love Nintendo myself, have done since the glory days of the SNES and N64 (Perfect Dark FTW), but still, all this gimmicky shit like Nintendogs... like a complex tamagochi.
LOL

i love to play Pokemon on GBA every now and then

i used to be addicted lol

untill i got addicted to PC and PS games
I think most non-female only gamer sites have this problem.
Gotta love Nintendo for one thing: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attourney!

Damn are those games awesome as sauce.
HOLD IT!

TAKE THAT!

I've wasted too much time on those games...
I scared them all off.

That or girl gamers are in the minority, many of them are casual gamers, and others want to stay in the shadows to avoid harassment
A huge proportion of female gamers are casual. Boys take Toys seriously.
Or the ones that are into the "Hardcore" games go onto forums but dont make it known that they are female.
Sorry I was MIA. I was busy schooling the boys in Halo xD;;;

I'm back now, promise ;]

I tend to shy away from the "girl gamer" topic a lot. I'm sexist against my own sex and I can't stand 99% of the gamer chicks I do run into. They always believe they're special or somehow better than everyone else because they like video games. They ruin it for old schoolers like me who have been playing video games since the release of the Atari/NES [I'm old...let's leave it at that >.>]

Also, the sudden boom in girl gamers picked up between the PS2 and 360 when more games began to appeal to the opposite sex.
Last edited 06-25-2011 at 04:29 PM by ChaosDice.
Speaking of which, has anyone else heard the rumor that the PS4 is going after the female demographic? Pretty sure they're unsupported, but it would be interesting.
Also, the sudden boom in girl gamers picked up between the PS2 and 360 when more games began to appeal to the opposite sex.
Originally Posted by ChaosDice
That's an interesting point. I tend to believe Guitar Hero and Rock Band helped pave the way for more lady gamers in the last couple of years. I also think Dance Central, Just Dance, and other dancing-related games could catch on with them.
That's an interesting point. I tend to believe Guitar Hero and Rock Band helped pave the way for more lady gamers in the last couple of years. I also think Dance Central, Just Dance, and other dancing-related games could catch on with them.
Originally Posted by Eric
Indeed it did. Dance Dance Revolution and StepMania were hugely popular among the female crowd at the arcades I frequented and also at Cons. I also feel the Kinect has helped pave the way in the new female boom.

I may be old school, but I feel the title "Gamer Chick" should be earned. Those earnest enough gamers who are in it for the honest interest and not because they're catching onto a newly popular fad in the gaming industry.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account