What's The Hardest Achievement You Have Ever Unlocked?

Gaming Chat

Mike High Club COD 4. I swear it felt like it took me 4 days at 10 tries per day. Anything more than that and I would have snapped my controller in half.
My first 2 choices are kinda iffy whether or not they count:

-Stampers Forever in Rare Replay is my gut reaction, but those "get all other achievements" type achievements don't really feel like they're in the spirit of the question.
-Ultimate Battler in Injustice: Gods Among Us is by far the hardest I've ever worked on an achievement, but I got that on my PS3, so as it's a trophy and not an achievement, it also doesn't quite feel like it's in the spirit of the question.

I'd say Rec Roomer II in Rec Room definitely takes it for the worst grind I've ever done. Possibly not the longest, but relative to the amount of enjoyment I derived from the grind itself, definitely the worst.

The hardest I ever worked on an actual Xbox achievement was the HI SCORE MODE 60,000 points achievement on ACA NEOGEO SENGOKU. It's not even a 2.0 ratio on TA so either I just really suck at that type of game or I was missing some kind of trick everyone else understood, but god I had to study that game so thoroughly to figure out how to get that last achievement that I ended up writing the walkthrough for it on TA. Maybe that's why the ratio is so low, I just write awesome walkthroughs. That's gotta be it.
My hardest achievement was going home instead of going to Gen Con after a COVID exposure, because it was the right thing to do...
My gut feelings but I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff:
True Heroes in Zheros
Trial Athlete in Super Street Fighter IV
I'm a Star in NBA 2K21
The Fury of the Desert in SMITE
LASO Master in Halo: MCC

There are also some ACA NEOGEO games that really beat my ass.

Also, this is by far the achievement I regretted going for the most (and still unlocked it):
Handle It in It Lurks Below
^It genuinely put me in a horrible state of mind dealing with the RNG on that one and made me miserable. Probably the only thing in a game to ever make me feel that way but I'm sure I probably wasn't exactly the most mentally stable at that time in the first place lmao
Last edited 03-29-2023 at 01:17 PM by PangoBara.
My hardest achievement is Gold Medal Winner on Spider-Man 3.
There is not really a single achievement for me but they do all come from a single game

But pretty much every achievement in Takedown Red Sabre that is not MP or the Tutorial gave me and 5 others a total ass whooping

Honorable mention go to:
Hard Diff in Legendary
COD3 on Veteran
Defeat The Imortal with Wesley on The Killer Difficulty on Wanted Weapons of Fate JP (30min bossfight due to a glitch giving the immortal litterally 100 times more health the german or int)
Ninety Nine Nights 2 EU/JP on Hard
Rome was Destroyed in 1 Day on Age of Empires 2 DE
Pt in [Prototype]
And ofc doing the Tutorial in Eat Lead the Return Matt Hazard Wink
Good question, there's a few that come to mind but the one that really sticks out is Hot Shot in Bass Pro Shops: The Hunt. There was 0 information online about it at the time, and the 1 guy who did finish it wasn't willing to tell me anything, so I had to not only do this hard little minigame, but I had to completely come up with my own strategy for it too. Everything else I've done had guides, videos, or some kind of reference out there for it. So, while it may not have been the actual hardest task I've done, it certainly feels that way because of everything that's gone into it.
Effort/skillwise I'd say the Achiever achievement in RUSE
I wouldn't know how to say the most difficult one, because after completing my achievements, I have the feeling that deep down they weren't that difficult, but I remember practicing a lot on ACA NEOGEO METAL SLUG 4... good times
Gears of war 1 and 2 grind,gears of war 3 With 36 onyx i don't like more time in this Game lol,gears 5 almost done With randoms Frown
Splinter cell double agent,get all gold ,horrible but very fun Game,full auto and pure,some achievements are pure trash,gta IV wanted achievement and the last minecraft Xbox one legit.
personally completist in sneak king just because one of the last challenges is solely based on dumb luck
completing battle block theaters levels
Probably beating GRAW on hard back on the xbox 360 where you could die in one hit.
I wouldn't know......

pTartS final countdown was the original *

for me, marathon in Trials HD. None of my friends are cool enough to do it...yet.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Am I not your friend?
Last edited 06-29-2023 at 07:07 AM by C64 Mat.
Am I not your friend? 😎
Originally Posted by C64 Mat
You haven't been to AF...
You haven't been to AF...
Originally Posted by futiles
I don't understand what that means oO
I have a few I could list like Children of sissna or hack match etc but I'll just mention a recent one i did I'm proud of Head's up from Forza horizon 4 in fact proud i did every eliminator achievement before my 50th match so no extra games needed Big Grin
I don't understand what that means oO
Originally Posted by C64 Mat
I don't know if hotdog is as particular as some, but, you have never been to Achievement Fest, so, I don't believe he has met you, so, how could he be your friend?
I don't know if hotdog is as particular as some, but, you have never been to Achievement Fest, so, I don't believe he has met you, so, how could he be your friend?
Originally Posted by futiles
I just assumed he meant Xbox Live friends.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account