Badge Idea: Day One

Feature Requests

Found 23 posts - Go to Last Post

Planned
Unlock an XboxOne achievement on 11-22-2013.

We can also do the same for 11-22-2005 (even though there is an easily adapter badge already).
I like this idea, but I have to argue a point - guys like me who preorder our Xbox One aren't guaranteed delivery on launch day, but within 5 business days of launch (read the fine print).

I say lets open the criteria to the first week of launch, just to help those guys earn what should be a rewarding badge a tad bit easier.

I think this has already been discussed, in the big Badges thread somewhere.
I like this idea, but I have to argue a point - guys like me who preorder our Xbox One aren't guaranteed delivery on launch day, but within 5 business days of launch (read the fine print).

I say lets open the criteria to the first week of launch, just to help those guys earn what should be a rewarding badge a tad bit easier.

I think this has already been discussed, in the big Badges thread somewhere.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac

Why not just give the badge to anyone that unlocks the Day One achievement?
Why not just give the badge to anyone that unlocks the Day One achievement?
Originally Posted by futiles
I like this idea.
I think that only comes with the Day One console, doesn't it?

What if you buy a standard edition? It may penalize people the same way the pre-order one did. I preordered back in June, but because it was through best buy I didn't get the one offered to those who preorder through MSFT store.
I think that only comes with the Day One console, doesn't it?

What if you buy a standard edition? It may penalize people the same way the pre-order one did. I preordered back in June, but because it was through best buy I didn't get the one offered to those who preorder through MSFT store.
Originally Posted by spankyNspronkle
I don't believe there are scheduled to be any standard editions available on Day One.
I like the idea of giving out a badge for those with the Day One achievement. I think that would be a more reliable way to track this.
I think that alienates too large a group that way.
How? There are not scheduled to be any consoles available on 11/22/13 that are not "Day One" editions.

Or, do you dislike the entire idea of a day one badge?
Its no different than the badges for preordering the Xbox One or for those who played the Betas for World of Tanks or WSOP.
How? There are not scheduled to be any consoles available on 11/22/13 that are not "Day One" editions.
Originally Posted by futiles
Source? I'm pretty sure you can order a standard edition on Amazon an pay $12 to have it delivered that day. Those people would have the console day one, but not the day one edition.
Source? I'm pretty sure you can order a standard edition on Amazon an pay $12 to have it delivered that day. Those people would have the console day one, but not the day one edition.
Originally Posted by spankyNspronkle
Notice the release date on that NOT Day One Edition:

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Conso...words=Xbox+One

Dec 31, 2013...

Even the Microsoft Store shows the Regular Edition as 12/31/2013:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...ctID.285169400

It even shows "While this product WON'T be available on release date..."
Last edited 09-17-2013 at 05:41 PM by futiles.
Hmm. Futiles raises some good info there. My issue is that it makes it less... available (but I want to use a better word) to all users. All the badges are available to earn unless retired. Maybe I'm thinking of accessible? With enough hard work and diligence, any one of us could have most of the badges here. Having a badge that is severely limited to only 1 day, not a reoccurring day like Christmas or whatever, but ONE DAY, makes it near impossible to earn for many members. Again, all I am saying is that not all members may have their console, pre-ordered or not, on Day One, and I'm just looking at that fact. That's all. I argue let's make it "Earn an Xbox One achievement in the first week", not the first day.
Hmm. Futiles raises some good info there. My issue is that it makes it less... available (but I want to use a better word) to all users. All the badges are available to earn unless retired. Maybe I'm thinking of accessible? With enough hard work and diligence, any one of us could have most of the badges here. Having a badge that is severely limited to only 1 day, not a reoccurring day like Christmas or whatever, but ONE DAY, makes it near impossible to earn for many members. Again, all I am saying is that not all members may have their console, pre-ordered or not, on Day One, and I'm just looking at that fact. That's all. I argue let's make it "Earn an Xbox One achievement in the first week", not the first day.

OK, what happens when the non Day One Editions don't come to retailers until 12/14, or 12/21...

Then, the first week, or first two weeks are still only people with Day One Editions, and therefore, with the Day One Edition Achievement.

And if you are going to limit it, and automatically retire it after a short run, then why not tie it to a specific achievement?
You know what, you're absolutely right. I missed that detail - the badge is associated with the day one achievement, which comes with the console, not the day, from what I understand. So those with the achievement, much like the Microsoft Store Pre-order achievement/badge, can get the badge from the achievement. Got it.

My confusion lies in unlocking an achievement on day one, not FROM Day One. I know some won't get the console on the 22nd, so getting an achievement and a badge revoked because of shipping issues (which is out of their control) is why I deterred that. But, Getting the Day One Console awards the exclusive achievement, regardless if it's on the 22nd, 23rd, or whatever. I can support that.

Am I on the right path here?
I would agree with the above statement.
Originally Posted by Dark Lord White
Thank you. Sometimes I can't eloquently elaborate successfully what my mind is concocting, and I end up spewing gibberish. I understand, but others sometimes don't.
You know I got it..then I was like neat.. and then I was like oh.. I didn't get it.. and then Yea I got it, then I din't understand and then I was really confused about not understanding so then I re read it and got iti again and then eventually got even more confused...you know what I'm saying here?
If I'm to understand there will be a Day One edition, which I have preordered and comes with a spiffy little Day one sticker or something like that on the console, I understand that MS has stated that the ONE will be lower in price than the 360.... so if I understand correctly, The Day One Edition is actually like a special collectors edition liked the Gears of War Console? Which will have a special code? or you think it will have special programing that will net you the Day One Achievement and is that the achievement you're are speaking about......

Sorry for the second post, I accidentally in my confusion hit the enter return button, (which is like the enter button) (that's another long story.. see I like Windows and have a PC where as my GF has a Mac and...well ok I'm getting off the subject..) ANYWAY... Like I said above..

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account