did the forums die?

General Chat

Found 26 posts - Go to Last Post

I've noticed it's always the same people posting.
I noticed that when different people other than the 'regulars' post replies or just post, they don't get any feedback, that has happened to me on a few threads and i just stopped posting after that

before now, :P
I personally think the site not keeping up with the Xbox One launch killed momentum that was building at the end of last year.
I hear you all and sometimes feel the same way, this is one reason I like to try and personally welcome all the new arrivals and let everyone know if they have any questions they can always feel free to ask me. I'm trying the best I can. To get people interested and active in the forums. I apologize if I have missed anyone's questions or concerns and will in the future be more diligent. Just remember this is not as big a site as some of the others and as the others the staff are all volunteers. I wish I could write code or make adjustments to the site, but ultimately this is Eric's site. I hope that I can still be of some assistance. Also be aware that MS has dropped the MS community support so were kind of doing this by ourselves, which I personally think that's pretty amazing so far. Maybe we can get the community support back if we send some correspondence to MS...maybe we can get a grass roots campaign going or a petition..something anything would help... I'll look into this and lets all come up with some good ideas, instead of just asking why? This is what community is about right? Thank you Chunky you've just given me a great cause and ideas to think about! Smile
The transition between generations and the overall doubts about One have created a bit of a lull for the Xbox brand and gaming in general. I would give it some time.
There's plenty to talk about in the meantime, however; especially with E3 around the corner.
yah im waiting on a price 4 the x1 dont have the funds atm
A little bit chunky, but for the short time I've been a member, I've seen it roll in waves of activity. I just go with it. Still my favorite community.
I use this website for forums, despite half-dead, and TA for tracking. Not that I don't like GTN's tracking, but I'm more familiar with TA by years. I honestly find the people in these forums fantastic. I usually don't post things on forums, but I feel kinda welcomed in a very, very strange way.
I jump on here every now and then. Got a lot going on though with other stuff I do when not working full time through the week.
Maybe the recently announced GTN 4.0 will kick it in gear...
I am usually not one that likes to post on forums. I did post a few times in the past asking questions (which i deleted the forums that i created usually the same day) because there was always someone coming on there posting that the forum that i created already existed and that i needed to check the forums to see if someone else had posted the same or similar question to get the answer i need.

My problem with that is i am not going to go through the forums and search each one to find out if Joe Blow has the same issue that i was having. It is a lot easier to post a new one and have someone post on it to get the help. I will post sometimes if i notice that i may have a comment on someone's forum. But as far as me starting forums. That wont happen for a while.
I am usually not one that likes to post on forums. I did post a few times in the past asking questions (which i deleted the forums that i created usually the same day) because there was always someone coming on there posting that the forum that i created already existed and that i needed to check the forums to see if someone else had posted the same or similar question to get the answer i need.

My problem with that is i am not going to go through the forums and search each one to find out if Joe Blow has the same issue that i was having. It is a lot easier to post a new one and have someone post on it to get the help. I will post sometimes if i notice that i may have a comment on someone's forum. But as far as me starting forums. That wont happen for a while.
Originally Posted by Fullchaingang3

Well, I have two schools of thought on this. One if a subject has already been brought up and its easily found, ie you knew of a place it could have been put or if its been posted within a month of you posting I tend to get irritated by that. I may gently remind someone of this too but I would never "jump" on someone to make them feel uncomfortable.

Second: if the forum is lost in a sea of the reads and either unorganized or just way too many to look thru or if its been out of date for more than a month, by all means open a new thread! Eric actually encourages this as sometimes topics get lost or forgotten about and maybe you have something new and even more exciting to add to it, instead of a copy paste or near identical posting of said subject.

In all the more activity in the forums the better, it shows that the community is active and I'm all for that! Besides if you put your little disclaimer on the subject of "hey sorry not sure if this was said or not" or something similar, then your covered and anyone who "jumps" on you for that is just being rude. The forums are for the community and that's you and you or anyone else should never feel bad or apprehensive about posting anything in the forums....um let me re phrase that....anything suitable in the forums without violating the rules of conduct. Smile
I think the site just needs the Xbox One functionality up and running to reinvigorate interest. I know that is what is pulling me away a little at a time.
I think the site just needs the Xbox One functionality up and running to reinvigorate interest. I know that is what is pulling me away a little at a time.
Originally Posted by spankyNspronkle
According to the GTN Twitter feed, GTN 4.0 includes X1 connectivity.
I feel kinda welcomed in a very, very strange way.
Originally Posted by ULTIMATE leo129
Our sinister master plan is starting to work.... excellent.

Did I say that out loud?

:P lol
Well, I have two schools of thought on this. One if a subject has already been brought up and its easily found, ie you knew of a place it could have been put or if its been posted within a month of you posting I tend to get irritated by that. I may gently remind someone of this too but I would never "jump" on someone to make them feel uncomfortable.

Second: if the forum is lost in a sea of the reads and either unorganized or just way too many to look thru or if its been out of date for more than a month, by all means open a new thread! Eric actually encourages this as sometimes topics get lost or forgotten about and maybe you have something new and even more exciting to add to it, instead of a copy paste or near identical posting of said subject.

In all the more activity in the forums the better, it shows that the community is active and I'm all for that! Besides if you put your little disclaimer on the subject of "hey sorry not sure if this was said or not" or something similar, then your covered and anyone who "jumps" on you for that is just being rude. The forums are for the community and that's you and you or anyone else should never feel bad or apprehensive about posting anything in the forums....um let me re phrase that....anything suitable in the forums without violating the rules of conduct. Smile
Originally Posted by B8TINGU

well it always seems to happen when i make a post anywhere on the site. Not mentioning any name or anything... but some "staff" on here seem to be a little too picky. I do not have the patience or the time to look through hundreds of posts or polls to look for a solution or to see if a post exists for the same post i am creating. So from now on you will not see any more post or comments coming from me. I am just going to use this site to follow my game tracking and so on. I swear i am not sure how some ppl get a staff promotion but if i was in control of the promotions i would definitely demote one certain person.
or let me guess... there is already a forum created for posting concerns about having a staff member demoted... lmfao.... SMH,,
well it always seems to happen when i make a post anywhere on the site. Not mentioning any name or anything... but some "staff" on here seem to be a little too picky. I do not have the patience or the time to look through hundreds of posts or polls to look for a solution or to see if a post exists for the same post i am creating. So from now on you will not see any more post or comments coming from me. I am just going to use this site to follow my game tracking and so on. I swear i am not sure how some ppl get a staff promotion but if i was in control of the promotions i would definitely demote one certain person.
Originally Posted by Fullchaingang3
Sorry you have had such a bad experience. I can understand your frustration.
Well I try to post from time to time, I cant wait for E3 either, wanna see what they have in store for us. I think it could indeed spark more interest and I do agree with the brand taking a hit, but I have confidence for now that they will be alright. I do hope the forums become more active because you all seem like nice people willing to help out Smile

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account